main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    This looks cool
    [​IMG]

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Is that... Nathema again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthJaceus and RafSwi7 like this.
  3. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    As we are years and years into the new canon right now, this game feels less and less relevant to the rest of Star Wars. :( I wish they could add Jedha in somehow, or Ahch-to (say these are the Legends versions of the planets, the mainstream won't care). Maybe bring in the Guardians of the Whills, the Pyke syndicate etc.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We got crossguard lightsabers and you will like it!

At the same time - I’m happy that we’re not just rushing to Jedha, Jakku or Takodona. We’re going to go end up sick of them insofar as much as we ended up sick of Tatooine, Coruscant and Hoth. All three of which are in ToR.

DarthJaceus, kalzeth and Malachi108 like this.
  5. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    With word that Bioware is putting all their resources in Anthem (I think all game devs now are just trying to make another Fortnite, although I can't blame them considering the money that game is making) and rumor they are considering closing TOR, we'll be lucky if they get to Jedha etc.

If TOR does go out, they should do something really crazy for its final mission like:

The Outlander has raided the Sith Empire and sees a dark side infant being grown in a Sith laboratory, code-named 'Snoke'. Does the Outlander:

1. Kill the infant (Dark Side): This baby being grown in a Sith lab can't be good, it must be destroyed or it will cause suffering in the galaxy.
    2. Let the infant live (Light Side): I can't kill a baby for something he hasn't done yet.

Everyone will understand that this key choice is what leads to the split between Legends and Canon. ;)

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    kalzeth and Sinrebirth like this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I would... causally be okay with that.

Otherwise, it’s May 3rd tomorrow!

Nathema! Nathema! Nathema!

RafSwi7 likes this.
  7. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    SPOILERS!

Zildrog
    The ancient mechanical entity known as Zildrog has always operated from behind the scenes. Unlike the other "machine gods" of Iokath, Zildrog permanently functions in two forms.The first is a central computer that specializes in the transfer of life energies. Given this device's presence on Nathema, it is likely that Zildrog was a key element of the original ritual Tenebrae used to empower himself at the cost of all life on the planet. Beyond that first atrocity, however, Zildrog's central mind appears to have played no role in Tenebrae's dual life as Vitiate and Valkorion, and slumbered in stasis mode until Vinn Atrius discovered it many years later.

The second of Zildrog's forms is the ancient warship known as the Gravestone. Though it can be operated by an organic crew when required, the vessel's Dark Heart functions as a remote command core that allows Zildrog to control the ship as an extension of itself. Ancient Zakuulan myths often confuse or conflate Zildrog and Izax, likely because both entities are aerial platforms employing omnicannon technology. Given the many differences in their construction and operation, it seems likely that they were actually built entirely separately--perhaps even as rival projects carried out in Iokath's endless pursuit of better and deadlier weapons.
    Eternal Alliance - State of the Galaxy
    News of the near-total destruction of the Eternal Alliance fleet has spread quickly, leading to renewed fears of a reignited war between the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire. Both factions have reportedly redoubled their efforts to hoard supplies, munitions, and fuel in anticipation of renewed hostilities. Resource shortages, already a common occurrence on many core worlds, are becoming a daily reality across the galaxy at large.

With no single unifying threat to motivate their continued cooperation, these tensions have led many of the Alliance's forces to return to their original sides of the age-old conflict, rejoining their longtime allies and waiting with grim certainty for the war to begin anew.

A hardened force of dedicated troops and staff still maintains the Alliance base on Odessen, however, and a small fleet still patrols Wild Space on their behalf. The Commander's closest allies remain loyal to the leader who helped unite them during one of the galaxy's darkest times--whatever path the Commander chooses next, they will most certainly follow, potentially tipping the scales of any conflict....
    Zealots Without a Master
    The few surviving Zealots who once served Valkorion in his Nathema stronghold now eke out a bleak existence in the planet's abandoned wilds, where they live in fragmented tribes.

Although each and every one of the Zealots felt Valkorion's death vividly through the Force, all of them refuse to believe that it has actually occurred. Wild and improbable theories about his current state of existence and how best to continue serving him have driven the zealots into forming rival, warring groups who raid and kill one another interminably.

Ironically, all of the Zealots still alive owe their survival to their master's death and the subsequent blooming of life on the planet's once-barren surface; otherwise, they would all have starved long ago.
    Nathema Reborn
    The ecological revitalization of Nathema has been nothing short of miraculous. Vibrant plant life has not only taken root but flourished, dramatically altering the planet's once-desolate landscape.

Force-users no longer experience the unsettling "wrongness" that they once felt whenever setting foot on the planet. The air has become fresher, and the weather more dynamic.

That this has all occurred since the death of Valkorion cannot be a coincidence, though experts cannot agree on any precise environmental mechanism that could have brought about such an abrupt change.
    Abandoned Listening Post
    This Imperial deep space installation was once capable of intercepting and decrypting a staggering volume of enemy communications. Its existence and location were highly classified.

After the dissolution of Imperial Intelligence, the station's staff was relocated and never replaced, and the station itself was forgotten, a victim of the secrecy that once protected it--there was no one left who knew that it needed to be staffed in the first place.

Sensors have detected energy signatures from the station's equipment that do not match any known Imperial technology, likely the result of modifications made by the station's mysterious new occupants. The original source, purpose, and capabilities of these modifications are unknown.
    The Order of Zildrog
    Formed by Vinn Atrius, the Order of Zildrog is highly secretive, militantly organized, and ruthlessly dedicated to a single purpose: the death of the Outlander who now commands the Eternal Alliance.

The group's membership is mostly made up of Zakuulan hardliners like Atrius who blame the Outlander for destroying the civilization that Valkorion built for them. Their numbers include Knights and soldiers from the Zakuulan military, cultists from fringe groups like the Heralds of Zildrog, and even a handful of individuals from the Core Worlds with personal vendettas of their own.

Unified by their singular hatred and the countless lives they've seen ruined in the Outlander's wake, the Order will stop at nothing to complete their mission of vengeance.

Also, some old faces that we might see in the new flashpoint:
    Darth Mortis, Darth Ravage, Darth Baras, Darth Zash?, Marcus Trant, Garza, Shara Jenn.

Summary of the mission:
    First, you head to an abandoned Imperial listening post, where Theron has left a message with coordinates to Nathema. Also, you encounter holograms explaining the backstory. It turns out that Zildrog is a god (similar to Izax) that can destroy the galaxy. The big surprise is that SCORPIO is helping the Order of Zildrog to awaken Zildrog. The GEMINI droids keep calling her, so she wants them (and the Eternal Fleet) destroyed so that she is freed.

You escape the listening post shortly before it self-destructs, then head to Nathema. On Nathema, Theron explains how he heard of the Order of Zildrog and planned to infiltrate them to stop them. Since SCORPIO was monitoring all conversations, his betrayal had to look real and he couldn't tell us about it.

During the flashpoint, you encounter an enemy from your class story (there's a different NPC with unique dialogue for each class). It looks like they were frozen in carbonite on Nathema. In Veteran/Master mode, this boss will be replaced by a Hooded Figure. The third boss is Vinn Atrius, leader of the Order of Zildrog, and the final boss is Zildrog himself.

At the end, you have the choice to kill Theron or let him live. Also, you can choose to marry either Theron or Lana. The end result is that the Eternal Alliance has lost both the Gravestone and the Fleet, so they are vulnerable and will have to join either the Empire and Republic.

kalzeth, Revanfan1, AusStig and 2 others like this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Welllllll.

This is all, very, very, interesting.

I need more context! More content!

Thank you, again!

Revanfan1, AusStig and darklordoftech like this.
  9. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Well to make it less obvious, maybe the baby should be code-named: Superior Neurologically Overclocked Kinetic Experiment.

If I were Bioware, I'd put this in the game and see if Story Group "gets it". If they don't, then it gets put in the game, fans find out about this easter egg, and all hell breaks loose. [face_laugh]

Then LFL/Disney would have to make some statement reiterating that TOR is Legends and anything in it affects only Legends and not the new movies. :p

10. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Miscellaneous story tidbits:
    - Scourge/Kira mission take place on Lyrros.
    - It seems that we will have a new companion - Paxton Rall - a twilek pirate.
    - Iresso mission is called "Jail Broken".
    - Akaavi and Mako will return on Tatooine.
    - On Nathema we will find some Valkorion's treasures.

kalzeth and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Seems like a pretty big update.

kalzeth and AusStig like this.
  12. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Some of these won't be in 5.9

Sinrebirth and AusStig like this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Just saw your edit of the summary, Raf.

Which NPCs?! If it’s Jadus, Malgus, etc, we’re in full blown loose end resolution mode.

kalzeth, RafSwi7 and AusStig like this.
  14. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    WE MUST KNOW

Also thank you for the post, when does it go live?

RafSwi7 likes this.
  15. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    I urge everyone to be catious about this particular part. They know people datamine stuff before it launches now, so they may be putting existing character models in the folders for cutscenes where they aren't actually used. They certainly did this with Umbara flashpoint, which included both Satele and Malgus, prompting many to suspect that he was the traitor.

At this moment, they're cutting loose ends that were seeded during the KOTFE storyline. They already mentioned that they expected Zakuul story to run for 3 full expansions, with many monthly chapter in between and cut it short only due to KOTFE responce. Everything involving Zildrog, Iokath and returning companions was obviously meant to take place at some point before Valkorion's death, but has now been moved to after.

kalzeth, AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    They did the model swapping in early datamined patches but not the night-before ones. They're not going to have time with such a small team.

AusStig likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ooooooh.

Well that’s curious.

I wonder who is about to reappear. Also did, presumably. But a loose end is a loose end. Rather it was neatened rather than left dangling forever and forever and forever.

Either way.

So what did the Chiss hide?

Also - it’s pretty obvious now that Valkorion kept the Gravestone to hand in-case he needed it against the Eternal Fleet, and when Arcann took him down, he simply reactivated the Gravestone so that he could manipulate the Outlander into taking the Eternal Throne.

What a devil.

Then Zildrog used the Outlander to kill the other Old Gods, so he could destroy the Eternal Fleet. I absently wonder if Zildrog allied with Valkorion on this basis... were they both manipulating each other? Or did Valkorion trap Zildrog on Nathema after he took what he needed?

AusStig likes this.
  18. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    By that I meant the Umbara ones, to be clear, when they had some strange placeholders for the actual traitor. I don't remember seeing much early datamining for this patch. What I meant was I expect what we're seeing today is the final, as I don't expect model-swapping to be something that can be done super quickly. Or maybe it is quick, who knows.

Actually, what interests me about the fake-out with the Umbara model swaps is that at that point, I already knew who the real traitor was? Someone managed to get the info months ahead of release, I remember seeing some discussion about it but the info was dismissed at the time, then overtaken by the later datamining that said it was Garza/Satele/Malgus/whoever else.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And if those NPCs have dialogue, it’s quite unlikely to be a bluff.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  20. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    They are there and they do have dialogues...
    I am not sure how exactly it will work but it seems that these old faces will appear depending on our earlier choices:
    JK: Bela Kiwiiks, Ravage or Mortis (not sure here) [depending if our Jedi turned dark or not]
    JC: Gaden-Ko, Sophia Farash, [not sure about the conditions but probably it depends on our earlier choices - IIRC we can kill Farash during class storyline)
    Trooper: Garza, General Essith? [depending on the Empire/Republic choice on Iokath]
    Smuggler: Sumalee, Nexia Kiril (daughter of Voidwolf). [Not sure here, maybe it depends on the Dictator/Peacemaker choice or DS/LS smuggler]
    SW: Baras (if spared), Ravage or Mortis (not sure here) [depending what you have done to Baras in the class story]
    Inq: Khem-Val (if you have chosen Zash in the Inquisitor's class story), Zash (if you have chosen Khem in the Inquisitor's class story).
    BH: Malea Janarus, Lord Vindis (Tormen's apprentice] [probably depends on what you have done to Janarus and Tormen]
    IA: Shara Jenn (if double agent), Marcus Trant (I guess if you have stayed loyal)
    Bioware added Garza/Satele/Malgus NPC entries in Umbara flashpoint to confuse dataminers. We have found out who was a real traitor later.
    DATE: 3 May 2018
    TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    So... now!

I wonder when these guys were placed in carbonite. As Ravage and Mortis were around pre-Zakuul, and Valkorion was trapped in our body... unless he arranged all this while he was wandering off away from us?

Hang on; does this mean we have to kill Zash or Khem Val!?

kalzeth likes this.
  22. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Yes, it seems to be the case.
    If you allowed Zash to take Khem's body, he will seek vengeance and you will have to kill him.
    If you freed Khem's body frrom Zash influence and trapped her in Rakata mind prison, you will have to fight Zash and kill her.

23. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
  24. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Completed the flashpoint:
    - I liked it, it is my favourite of Umbara/Copero/Nathema flashpoints.
    - Great aesthetics - especially all these catacombs.
    - It had a lot of different enemies to fight - Zaelots, Zakuulan Knights, animals from Nathema etc.
    - Boss fights were also nice, even if the last fight bugged for me at the end.
    - We do not fight these old faces (it was the Servant One for my LS JD), but they still die. They serve as a "food" for Zildrog. Mortis and Chela Nayss (SCORPIO servant) also die in the same way.
    - In the end my JK decided to contanct the Republic. I wonder how it will play out.

25. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    So the old face just dies? Are they the one in carbonite?

Who did you side with on Iokath?