main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Admiral Raddus Discussion Thread (and Fan Club)

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Gigoran Monk, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder who killed him? Vader?

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Absurd.

When Darth Sidious was saying that "only one" had managed to cheat death he wasn't talking about quite dead Darth Plagueis. He was foreseeing Raddus.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Raddus is Snoke you say?

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If you are going to blaspheme and misuse the thread...

5. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    No. For me, he died when the Rebels were going to jump to Hyperspace and the Empire came firing on the ships.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Lefou: "No one's slick as Gaston, no one's quick as Gaston..."
    Gaston: "Lefou, you've obviously never heard of Raddus."

7. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    First time checking since TLJ. I love this place. Sig updated.

8. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    Yeah same except I've been away even longer. It's great to be back. The continuity of accolade for Raddus has been glorious.

Admiral Raddus has a Wampa rug in his livingroom; it's not dead - it's just afraid to move.

9. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    The word "Radical!" entered surf slang as a homage to Raddus' awesomeness high above the tropical beaches of Scarif

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  10. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Raddus married Medusa. They were good influences on each other. Now, Raddus turns Stalins to stone, and Medusa crashes into enemy fleets with clever tactics.

PCCViking likes this.
  11. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Thrawn secretly learned from Raddus, hence the line in the Hand of Thrawn duology: "His style is to rancor roll some brilliant strategy over his opponents."

:p

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
  13. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    A missing conversation between Snoke and Hux:

Armitage Hux: But Raddus was destroyed.
    Snoke: No, General. The spirit of Raddus endured. His life force was bound to the Profundity and the ship itself survived. They are one: the Profundity and Raddus. General, the Resistance must never find it.

:p

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Raddus fooled April.

15. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    A deleted scene from The Phantom Menace shows that the giant Gooberfish that almost ate the Bongo was actually just bait on the end of Raddus' line.

There's always a bigger fish...for Raddus to catch.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Sarge and PCCViking like this.
  16. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I just watched R1 again yesterday for probably the tenth time, and it was good timing because Raddus is currently a focus in the comics, which I’m also reading. My husband, who isn’t a big SW fan but he does love R1, confused Raddus with Akbar for a second. In explaining the difference between them and the backgrounds, I found that I think I feel more sentimental attachment to Raddus. I don’t know if that’s blasphemous lol, but Raddus’s commitment to the cause and his sacrifice just gets me. I love that guy.

And now with you guys talking about his off screen death makes me wonder if he was captured alive. I hope that’s not a thing that pops up in comics.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    PCCViking likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Raddus will save them all in IX.

PCCViking likes this.
  18. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    The Raddus saved the rest of the Resistance in The Last Jedi, with token assistance from Admiral Holdo. :)

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  19. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Raddus was one of the best things about Rogue One. Him and Vader choking Krennic.

20. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Raddus lives...it was his nakesake ship that tore through the First Order fleet in TLJ!!!!

21. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Yes!! And her smile when finding out is truly one of my favorite moments...like, yes finally someone who has the grit to do this! I also reminded Padmè's plea to Bail in the ROTS novel..it was truly powerful.

My view as well, as I feel that Vader would want to get to Leia before any other Imperial, and wasn't Raddus on another ship than the flagship Vader boarded?

22. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    All of the crew HAD to have been killed / died rather than they were taken prisoner - they ALL presumably knew that the "secret Rebel Base" was on Yavin IV since that is where they, well, took off from. Since Tarkin and the Empire *don't* know the location of the base in ANH, one would have to assume that they didn't manage to find even one lowly rebel, would could've told them.

23. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    That's a good point. So, suicide, perhaps? I think Vader would have wanted to keep one of them alive to find the base, unless that fact didn't become apparent until after he had killed them trying to get the Death Star plans back.

In fact, he said as much in the opening of ANH: "I have traced the rebel spies to her. Now she is my only link to finding their secret base." So, it was either an oversight on his part, or suicide on the past of Raddus and the rest of the crew. I would probably think the former.

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Maybe they blew up their flagship. I prefer that kind of suicide to cyanide pills or blowing their own brains out with blaster pistols. At least they could try to take a few Imps with them.

PCCViking likes this.
  25. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I still think that they were mostly killed by Vader and the stormtroopers while trying to retrieve the plans, since their flagship was still intact when the Tantive made its escape.

It's only when he missed out on the plans that Vader realized he should have kept some of the Rebels alive, which is why he orders the stormtroopers to take prisoners at the beginning of ANH.