main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #13-18: Burning Seas (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Mar 9, 2018.

1. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Does the R1 unit (if they're still called that) in the last few issues seem a little bit downscaled, or have they always been smaller than I've thought?

Next issue looks good.

2. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Next arc is going to be awesome:

3. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I haven't found the Mon Calamari arc wildly engaging, but I'm very excited about Fortress Vader!

Vialco and Sinrebirth like this.
  4. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    I think this pretty much confirms that the Inquisitorius is based on Mustafar.

5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Don't they already have a headquarters? In the Sith factory lair in the Works? It's where we first see them sparring and the facility is clearly full equipped with medical droids and a map room. That seemed like the Inquisitor HQ. Grand Inquisitor probably has an office there, from which he reports to Vader.

The Mustafar installation is Vader's personal retreat. Palpatine has his palace in the old Jedi Temple. Grand Inquisitor has his headquarters in the Works and Vader has his castle on Mustafar.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    We've seen the inquisitors stationed at the Works about one week after the establishment of the Empire. Considering that they were already good to go that soon, it is very likely that they have been preparing to hunt Jedi prior to Order 66. Now that the series has jumped one year later, maybe the inqusitors have more formal headquarters/center of some sort? The Works was used by the Sith in order to stay hidden, and not because they preferred to be in an unremarkable, half ruined (at least externally) building.

Speaking of the inquisitors, I wonder why they weren't used during Operation Knightfall? They were already trained and loyal to Sidious by the end of the Clone Wars and also, they were (as far as we know) stationed on Coruscant the whole time. Why was Vader the only Force user to lead the attack on the Jedi Temple?

7. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    Because there were, to quote Vader, not ready to hunt Jedi alone.

Vialco likes this.
  8. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Correct, but during Operation Knightfall they wouldn't have been alone - Vader would have lead them and, of course, there would be the 501st to assist.

Obviously, Vader didn't need their help when the temple was attacked, but that's not the point. The question is, why didn't Palpatine order the inquisitors to join Vader in the attack? Unless Palpatine wanted to test Vader in such a scenario and see how he manages against a bunch of Jedi without the aid of other Dark Sider's, then wouldn't it be more logical to have more than one Force user in such a battle, just in case?

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Not exciting? [face_shame_on_you]

Get thee to a nunnery. Be gone! [face_waiting]

--Adm. Nick

SensationalSean likes this.
  10. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    The Mon Cal arc is one of my all time favourites of Marvel Star Wars, it is really good. Though I really like Lee Char so I may be a bit bias. Still not the greatest, and the Vader one is better, but still a good arc for me. :)

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  11. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    Love the story but the art is a bit of a laydown.

revan772 likes this.
  12. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    For me it's the opposite. The art is fantastic but this doesn't seem like a story that Vader takes center stage in. If it weren't for the presence of a Jedi, Vader's services wouldn't be needed here. He's not the military leader of the Empire yet.

13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    my god...it just keeps getting better

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If burning seas is what he's after, I know some real estate in Hawaii he might want to look at...

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  15. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    How do you know I'm not POSTING FROM A NUNNERY?! Nuns read comics too, I'm sure. And they're a little bored with it.

Exactly, it's more of a military story than a Vader one (even though I'm sure he'll rise from the depths like a badass). I love the glimpses of Tarkin and the Inquisitors, but the overall story feels a little unfocused where Soule's previous arcs didn't.

Vialco and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. Sigismund

Sigismund Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    I'll be disappointed if it isn't build on a foundation of bones :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Well. Whoever called the identity of Tenth Brother got it right. He is indeed Prosset Dibs. This was a good issue. We got to see Raddus in action at the South Pole. It seems I was mistaken about Ferren Barr. He is manipulating his allies and servants with the Force. Such a poor use of the Great Energy. But the last scene is the most epic. He uses a Mind Trick on the clones to convince them to execute Order 66...on the Inquisitors. Since they used to be former Jedi. He even names all three of them. Not bad for the penultimate issue of this arc. Sad that the last one is five weeks away though." [spoiler/]

18. Anslyder

Anslyder Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 8, 2018
    I'm not surprised about this because I already said before that he seem to be really shady.

19. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    You know it's funny you say that. Because we know there are catacombs beneath the castle and there are usually skeletons in catacombs.

20. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    So who is who among the Inquisitors?

21. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Good job to everyone that guessed the Tenth Brother's identity as Prosset Dibs. It's also nice that we got the names for the Ninth Sister and Sixth Brother too. I like that Barr is not the nicest Jedi, that's an interesting way of how Jedi are used in post ROTS stories (Koffi Arana from Purge is another example that comes to mind of a Jedi straying from the Jedi path after Order 66). The flashback's on how Barr's disciples were recruited were pretty touching. The first one with Nipaltoo is a bit similar to that of Crys Taanzer from Dark Times, although the outcomes in both stories and characters are drastically different. We got to see some clones too! And in one of the flashbacks there were stormtrooper helmets that are intermediate between the Phase II clone helmets and the "standard" stormtrooper ones.

Overall, a good issue.

Prosset Dibs is the Tenth Brother (the miraluka with the long white hair and two lightsabers). I guess that Bil Valen is the Sixth Brother and Masana Tide the Ninth Sister. Not 100% sure on the other two though.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  22. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    double post

23. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well, today's issue didn't disappoint! :eek:

Tons of great battle stuff. Plus flashbacks. Plus Jedi motives that aren't always the purest! I get that folks want more Vader in this arc, but it really is a story first and foremost about the battle for Mon Cala. Seeing Admiral Raddus's action in the south pole was wicked cool. In short- he gathered several merchant vessels from the Mon Calamari Shipyards (foreshadowing the current SW ongoing arc) and fashioned them into a fortress. Kinda confused if it is a fortress or just a much of planetary or atmosphere bound cruisers, but they have a "protective bubble", so I'm guessing they aren't launching into space yet.

--Adm. Nick

24. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Awesome story with some really great plot twists, and the usual strong artwork by Camuncoli. Master Barr became more interesting in this issue, especially because of the differences in his behaviour from most of the other Jedi we've seen. I liked the continuity with the Mace Windu miniseries, and after that last page reveal I really can't wait for the next issue!

25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Brilliant twist, though a bit dampened by the fact that we know two of the Inquisitors live through it.