main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Seems correct, except it's Servant One for LS Knight and Darth Ravage for DS Warrior. There are also 2 other people present, which as the same for all classes and depend on KOTET choices: Nautolan Chela Nayss or Zakuul Knight Zera depening on whether you spared Senya/Arcann or killed Senya and Darth Mortis/Indo Zal depenging on whether you pick LS/DS Throne at the very end of KOTET. All together that's 20 possible candidates for the 3 victims, 14 of which are previously established characters. That's a LOT of stuff changing based on sometimes VERY old choices!

RafSwi7 and AusStig like this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    20?!

Is there a full list somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AusStig likes this.
  3. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    You will always have only 3 victims that will serve as a fuel for Zildrog:
    The first one is based on the Senya/Arcann choice: Chela Nayss (if Arcann is alive) or Zera (if Arcann is dead).
    The second one is based on the Dictator/Peacemaker choice: Darth Mortis (if peacemaker) or Indo Zal (if dictator).
    The third victim is based on your choices from the class storyline:
    JK: Bela Kiwiiks or Servant One
    JC: Gaden-Ko or Sophia Farash
    Trooper: Garza or General Essith
    Smuggler: Sumalee or Nexia Kiril
    SW: Darth Baras or Darth Ravage
    Inq: Khem-Val or Darth Zash
    BH: Malea Janarus or Lord Vindis
    IA: Shara Jenn (Watcher Two) or Marcus Trant

Bolded ones are characters, that have appeared earlier in the class stories or in other SWTOR media (Marcus Trant was in "Annihilation" novel and IIRC in "The Lost Suns" comic). At least these are who I remember.
    Yeah, they die. At the end they enter some "essence chambers" (from text I used to think that these were carbonite chambers) and their life force fuel Zildrog's awakening. It seems, that they were tricked into it by the GEMINI droid.

Thankfully, my Agent stayed loyal to the Empire. He would not want to see Watcher Two die.

On Iokath my JK sided with the Empire. After Nathema he decided to contact the Republic. I wonder if this is a "final" choice. For me, it did not sound as something definitive.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

I don't think there all dead (it would a waste of the class character at the least) and that they will pop back up in 6.0

I rule of story telling "if you don't see the body assume they are half way to tijuana" (same with Theron)

So I think there is some hope because Zily was beaten before he could complete, they (or one) survived and 'was healed by (some new person from the faction we don't join) and now I will have revenge'

I also liked the back story of the order, I liked how it was our actions that brought this about, very nice.

Also how do I get the codex about Zily?

5. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    I did enjoyed playing this flashpoint yesterday.

I choosed to start with SI for this mission.
    After the end I got some 4 mail and one of them are from Jaesa.
    I did not opened it but why am I getting a mail from her?

The Nathema conspiracy are the best.
    Copero are also good to visit a chiss homeworld.

Umbara could be better to visit their cities and not just the train.

I think 6.0 might be released in October as they did for KOTFE for 3 years ago. I want to see more of the vanilla companions in action.
    Will it be 9 chapters?

6. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Some character/armor concept arts (including upcoming pirate companion):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The complex has exploded, so I am pretty sure they all are dead.
    The mail from Jaesa is a bug.

We won't have any more chapters in KotFE/KotET style. The upcoming expansion will be similar to SoR.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  7. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I need to check this out, seems like Theron gets to save the Galaxy from the out of control Alliance.

AND HE STRIKES

LIKE THUNDERRBAALLL

RafSwi7, AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  8. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    So, after finishing Copero my Chiss BH got an email.

Where the Chiss tell him how proud the ascendancy is of him and that all the little Chiss young-lings want to grow up to be him. I thought it was a nice touch.

Revanfan1 and Sinrebirth like this.
  9. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    That was really underwhelming.

10. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Pirate looks intertesting

Yeah, I am not hopeful.

Still it's a waste for the class character I was waiting for the boss fight with them, so that was a major let down.

11. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I haven't gotten to play the new expansion, but I'm too thrilled with the ending.

Why does my Inquisitor have to rebuild her power base again just because the plot demands it. Why can't she just have one power base and not have to keep rebuilding?

12. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    They do do that stupid comment that "Oh, yeah, you're superlaser star ships were the only ones that could fight Zakuul, but whoops! we lost them."

13. Malachi108

Aug 8, 2009
    It made sense from a story point. The Eternal Fleet was the overpowered superweapon that allowed Zakuul to conquer the entire galaxy and the Gravestone is an overpowered warship that can slice through the Eternal Fleet like knife through hot butter. Taking them out of the equasion allows for something else to present an actual threat again.

14. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    I meant the Silencer Superweapons from the Inquisitor story quests.

15. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Honestly I'm happy with how it went. The Eternal Empire, while interesting, needed to have its remnants done away with. I feel like they made a mistake in maintaining the Eternal Alliance for so long to begin with. It didn't make much sense to do so and it was an organisation solely centered around the cult of personality around the Outlander, rather than any kind of ideology. It should've seen defections back to the Republic and Sith in droves.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m pretty content with how it has gone.

The Eternal Fleet was not going to just go away. Control of it mattered. But Valkorion knew we’d base our power on it, and being as we never really controlled the Gravestone... smart man, and it’s in keeping with what we know his mind.

I quite enjoyed us becoming the villains in the Galactic narrative.

‘The Heroes of the Empire and Republic headed into the Unknown Regions to end the threat; they came back at the head of its Eternal Fleet, using their newfound power to establish an Eternal Alliance, intending to impose a new order with force of arms.’

Sounds like Revan, doesn’t it? To the galaxy, it’s almost the exact same story.

bizzbizz, RafSwi7, Malachi108 and 3 others like this.
  17. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Eternal Fleet, Katana Fleet, Star Forge fleet, etc.

These ancient super-powerful fleets have become a cliche in the EU, but strangely enough I don't think have appeared in the films. The ST might have been more interesting if, instead of Death Star 3.0 in Starkiller, we got Kylo taking control of an ancient fleet (like the Sith Lord he's cosplaying as) and conquering the galaxy with it.

18. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Replace Zakuul with First Order, Valkorion with Snoke, and Arcann and Thexan with Kylo Ren and Nu!Jaina, and I'd digthat story.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Hu?

Don't you have that backwards?

Zakuul and Valky's fam are much more interesting then Empire 2.0 here is more Empire.

RafSwi7 and Ghost like this.
  20. Malachi108

Aug 8, 2009
    The Katana fleet is only real example of Deus Ex Fleet, the others are a classical play on a superweapon trope. The thing is, after the "New Imperial Superweapon" has been played dry in the Bantam era, EU branched out enough to bring something new, like forgotten Sith and Dark Side artifacts in the 2000s for example. Not to mention the "Abandoned Precursors Technology", be they Rakata, Kwa, Gree, Celestials or others.

Iokath itself is basically a superweapon factory on steroids: Zildrog, Six Gods, Eternal Fleet, Gravestone - not only does the entire KOTFE/KOTET story revolves around it, so does the backstory of Vitiate, Nathema and Zakuul, making that technology the cornerstone of the entire SWTOR conflict.

The thing is, TOR writers were creative enough to invent a plausible explanation for their MacGuffins and Deus Ex Machninas (literally). Unknown Regions are unexplored because of hyperspace disturbances, and Iokath is a Dyson Sphere with no light coming out of it, explaining why it's remained undiscovered for so long. And making its society engineers obsessed with perfecting their technology, but not on power or galactic domination explains why they've been stockpiling suoerweapons for centuries without using them to actually conquer anything.

Nothing like that is in ST. They took the concept of the Unknown Regions from the EU without explaining why they remained unknown for so long, allowed the remnants of the entire Empire disappear there for 20 years without anyone chasing or at least looking for them, and gave them Starkiller Base with what is essentially Centerpoint technology without explaining where they got all the required money, resources and manpower to build it. Not to mention that they copied the entire aesthetic of the OrigTrig, while the EU (not to mention the Prequels) constantly sought to come up with something new.

21. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Huh, it has been 13 in-game years since the Chapter 1 of the original class stories. All companions are at least 30 years old by now.

Depending on how we have created them, our characters must be around 35-50 years old right now.

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    13?

Oh yeah. 3642 to 3630-ish. Probably 3629 by now.

Though we have a 5 year patch in carbonite.

I’d say that the entire Galactic War era, from 3681 to 3630, is my favourite save for the modern era. The Skywalker era is definitely my favourite even now, but this soundly routs the Pre-Republic, Ancient Sith. Old Sith and New Sith eras for me.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  23. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    I am thinking about the Gravestone from the beginning with KOTFE and now it is gone with Zildrog.

It feels different without it and the Zakuul warships. I don't think we will use another big ship such as the Gravestone for the new Galactic war in the expansion but everything is possible.

What about Zakuul, Senya and Arcann for 6.0?

24. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Upcoming pirate companion - dialogue:
    Paxton Rall - Greetings, Commander. Your lovely base is a beacon of sophistication in this rather dull corner of the galaxy.
    Paxton Rall - I am Paxton Rall. These are my business associates: Bloodhound, the Mauler, and Friendly Rin.
    Paxton Rall - Along with our indefatigable crew, we scour the stars in search of adventure, profit, excitement... all that swells the hearts of beings both bold and free!

Player - You're not quite what I had expected.
    Paxton Rall - Quite understandable--I'm sure my reputation precedes me. After all, image is everything in my business.
    Paxton Rall - It isn't enough to annihilate a few rivals or seduce a few royal heirs--one must also look the part.

Player - I already know you're a pirate. No need to sugarcoat it.
    Paxton Rall - A pirate!? Perhaps, in the limited vernacular of the ordinary! But we are made of finer stuff, yes? We understand the greater dramas that life can hold!
    Paxton Rall - A pirate merely steals or kills. I plunder and purloin! Blackmail and defraud! Eradicate and avenge!

Player - "Friendly Rin"? Really?
    Paxton Rall - Certainly! If you can make it through three drinks with Rin without becoming his friend, you'll be the first. But let us focus a moment on business.
    Paxton Rall - My varied adventures have earned me many well-informed admirers, all of whom tell me that you find yourself short on warships at present.
    Paxton Rall - Coincidentally, I find myself lacking in exciting opportunities. Upon the negotiation of a nominal commission, I believe we could reach a gratifying accord to resolve our respective concerns.

Player - If you're offering to work for me, I'd need to know more about what you can do.
    Paxton Rall - I'm quite sure that my crew and I can see to any need you might have. Our skills are as diverse as they are profound.
    Paxton Rall - Patrolling nearby space, harassing enemy supply lines, scouting far-off worlds... all quite simple.
    Paxton Rall - Additionally, I can offer myself personally to serve as your direct backup in the field--an experience to be savored, I assure you.
    Paxton Rall - I have collected no small number of intriguing implements of destruction in my travels... your enemies will tell tales of you more outlandish than ever before!

Player - Just how "nominal" are we talking, here?
    Paxton Rall - Not to worry! My crew and I are sure to defeat many enemies on your behalf... enemies with no small value to be found on their persons.
    Paxton Rall - We can simply see our needs met at your foes' expense... your accountants needn't be troubled with us at all.

Player - Why should I trust you?
    Paxton Rall - Ah, well, if you can find a single past employer who has been displeased with my services, I will happily depart this world forever!
    Paxton Rall - Not to mention, you yourself are no slouch in the realm of personal combat, and you have an impressive collection of deadly allies at your disposal.
    Paxton Rall - Only a tremendous fool would cross you--and I'm no fool at all. When I promise my services and those of my crew, that promise will be fulfilled.

Player - I like the sound of that--welcome aboard, Paxton.
    Paxton Rall - Grand! Though you may not always find me here on Odessen, do not fear--call upon me, and I shall be at your side in no time at all!
    Paxton Rall - Mauler, Bloodhound: inform the crew! Rin: find me the closest cantina! Our newest adventures await!

Player - I need to know more about what you can do for me before I make a decision.
    Player - You mentioned a "nominal commission" earlier... just what are you expecting?
    Paxton Rall - Not now, perhaps. But I think the idea of our partnership may yet catch your fancy, once you've had time to mull over its potential.

Player - I'm not interested in your services.
    Paxton Rall - I shall eagerly await that day, my friend. Farewell.

Paxton Rall - Salutations, my friend! I hope the day finds you as well as it does me.
    Player - Tell me a story about your adventures.
    Paxton Rall - I sometimes lay low in the Cron Drift, when the galaxy becomes a bit too dramatic even for my tastes.
    Paxton Rall - The last time, oh... a few years ago now, I met some very interesting people passing through. Jedi people, as a matter of fact.
    Paxton Rall - Oh, of course, they didn't say they were Jedi, but... I can always tell. They were coy about everything. I still wonder, sometimes, what they had planned in there.

Paxton Rall - We once captured an ore hauler near Bilbringi. It was nowhere near a hyperlane... very odd.
    Paxton Rall - The captain must have been trying to avoid a customs checkpoint and found us instead. He fled in a shuttle before we fired a shot! Blisteringly dull.
    Paxton Rall - Most disappointing of all, when we popped open the hold? No ore at all! It had been packed to the brim with fuel. Rhydonium, quite volatile.
    Paxton Rall - We took what we could use and detonated the rest to celebrate Friendly Rin's birthday--quite a show! Should have kept more... fuel is becoming expensive these days.

Paxton Rall - I had a crew member once who became sure that the galaxy was going to end very soon. He even made holovids about it!
    Paxton Rall - He'd heard rumors about this or that, pointed at other holovids he'd watched that all just pointed at each other... nonsense, if you ask me.
    Paxton Rall - Whatever cataclysmic dramas we may play out, I don't think this grand stage we call the galaxy is going anywhere for a long time yet.

Paxton Rall - Bloodhound and I like to compete, sometimes. She loves a good competition.
    Paxton Rall - We use no blasters or weapons at all, only one fist and one foot. See how many foes we can defeat during a raid.
    Paxton Rall - I tell you, it certainly makes for a challenging evening! You should try it sometime.

Paxton Rall - Once, we seized a freighter hauling speeders to a Hutt on Tatooine. Racing models, all very finely tuned, fire painted on the sides, you know the kind.
    Paxton Rall - The crew spent weeks racing all over a tiny moon in the Centrality. But they could never agree on who had won each race.
    Paxton Rall - They found an old droid to play referee, but it was a bit too slow to keep track of them all and declare the right winner.
    Paxton Rall - When the arguments became a bit too heated, I had to step in and put a stop to the races. I never came closer to a mutiny.

Paxton Rall - Perhaps another time... I'm in more the mood to create a story than to tell one.
    Player - Let's talk about something else.
    Paxton Rall - Of course.

Player - Why don't you speak Basic? You obviously understand it.
    Paxton Rall - Can you repeat the question? I'm afraid I couldn't quite hear you.
    Player - I was wondering why you don't speak Basic, since you clearly understand it perfectly.
    Paxton Rall - Why don't you speak Huttese, when you clearly understand it perfectly? You do understand me, yes? Should I have been using smaller words all this time?
    Paxton Rall - Life is too short to while away speaking utterly mundane languages like Basic. I prefer the chaotic beauty of my native tongue.
    Paxton Rall - Was there anything else?
    Player - Nevermind. Let's talk about something else.
    Paxton Rall - Gladly, my friend.

Player - Let's talk about your crew.
    Paxton Rall - Ah, yes, true friends all! What would you like to know?
    Player - Tell me about Bloodhound.
    Paxton Rall - Ah, yes. A master trainer of beasts! No one likes to see a snarling kath hound charging at them down a narrow ship corridor. Very effective.
    Paxton Rall - She also drank the blood of her enemies, until I convinced her it was just excessive. But you know how it is, once you get a nickname....

Player - What's the story with "the Mauler"?
    Paxton Rall - A fascinating one! He comes from a faraway colony whose inhabitants call one another by their profession, rather than their birth name.
    Paxton Rall - As it happens, those who brew ales are known by a title that sounds quite a bit like "the mauler" in Huttese.
    Paxton Rall - He was a passenger on a transport we captured. We asked his name, and he answered, the whole crew broke down utterly. We laughed for days!
    Paxton Rall - We offered our funny new friend a life of adventure among the stars, and he never looked back!

Player - How about Friendly Rin?
    Paxton Rall - The deadliest of my crew! No enemy can stand before him, and no ship can escape his cunning!
    Paxton Rall - I have personally seen him slay a hundred foes with his mighty vibroblade, named for the spouse he lost to a corrupt constable's treachery.
    Paxton Rall - Do not let his name fool you--there is no deadlier enemy one could make in this galaxy than Friendly Rin.
    Paxton Rall - He's also quite a cook!

Player - I'm curious about the rest of your crew--I haven't even met them.
    Paxton Rall - Truly sad, that you could not make their acquaintance--but they must remain at their posts, plying the spaceways, hunting enemies and profit.
    Paxton Rall - We are not like most crews, you understand--I would trust each and every one of them with my life.
    Paxton Rall - Except on payday, of course.

Player - There's something else I wanted to talk about.
    Paxton Rall - But of course!

Player - I'll see you later, Paxton.
    Paxton Rall - Farewell, then!

Paxton Rall - Coruscant... not my favorite planet, but certainly a profitable one.
    Paxton Rall - So many beings, so afraid of coming to this planet when they could die far more easily on others.
    Paxton Rall - I never expected to run into you here, my friend. I only ever come here on a dare.
    Paxton Rall - So strange, isn't it? The way your past can completely shape the way you see a world like this one?
    Paxton Rall - Art and aggression, triumph and failure, poverty and plutocracy... Nar Shaddaa is a stage whose players dramatize the truths of the entire galaxy. I love every square meter of it.
    Paxton Rall - I wonder if anything important will ever happen on this dustball. Nice sunsets, at least.
    Paxton Rall - Leave me be, friend. Working up the courage to knock on an old flame's door.
    Paxton Rall - How long do you think it will take, friend? For all of this to sink into the snow and be forgotten....
    Paxton Rall - Ever meet a Corellian with a fast ship that didn't tell you about it? Neither have I. At least they know how to have a good time!
    Paxton Rall - They say this planet's doomed, you know. I keep checking back--wouldn't want to miss a sight like that!
    Paxton Rall - My friend, you seem a bit out of place here. And yet, what a shame it would be if you never came.
    Paxton Rall - These people had a god for their emperor, and now, nothing. But if a crew fails without its captain, that is the captain's fault, not the crew's.
    Paxton Rall - I hear the Sith are all about passion and freedom from bondage. Why so many rules and guards and death penalties around here, then?
    Paxton Rall - The Republic has been saved by smugglers and pirates more than once, but still outlaws them. It practically revels in its contradictions.
    We do not have any details on 6.0 at the moment. There was nothing announced or datamined about it.

Hopefully we will not have to wait too long for a new roadmap.
    Yeah, the game does not let you feel that 13 years have passed. Ba! Quinn is now 50 year old and he still looks tha same.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    kalzeth, AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  25. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I am disapointed since it looks like our new pirate only speaks Huttese.

I was hoping for Zevrin voice with those lines

(he is the dark skinned elf doing most of the talking in this)