main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Despite some of the set backs from the old EU, it was still better than any other EU from other franchises, and lets face it. When you combine the old stuff with the new stuff, star wars becomes even richer. What can I say I love star wars both the old legends stuff and the new stuff.

bizzbizz, The Positive Fan and spicer like this.
  2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    No one told me we'd started counting the Ewoks movies. Lemme go break out my Droids VHS and we can get this party started!

The Positive Fan and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    And it is glorious. My only hope is that they find a way to connect everything together into the movies, so you get this amazing story that can only be seen if you've followed everything.

4. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    There's been some good moments so far in terms of timing with continuity.
    If I recall the introduction of Fen Rau in Rebels was timed perfectly with the Kanan comic that came out on the same day so featuring him.

Rebels and Rogue one with Saw has been good. Plus the DLC of battlefront meant that players would end it and the next day last Jedi came out , with the game ending seconds before TLJ starts.

Even next month the two marvel Mon Cala stories are ofcuring

5. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    Also, if you've read Catalyst and Rebel Rising you get an even bigger scope of Rogue One. I feel like in order to fully understand the weight of Rogue One you really need to have been following the canon more than just watching the movies.

6. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Oh, wow. I didn't think the Ewoks cartoon had started that early. Thanks for clarifying!
    I also like how things are tying together in ways that are only hinted at rather than spelled out, such as the various Ilum-is-Starkiller hints sprinkled across different books. If you're watching carefully the story happening in the "white spaces" can be as interesting as the one we're told directly!

7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  8. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    A la the Jungle Book, eh? I'm thinking a lot of strange-looking aliens, then.

Also, seven years after Endor is definitely going to complicate the 30 years of peace between Jakku and Endor, unless this is a criminal underworld show or something.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Senator Organa, this is war!
    No, it's aggressive peace-keeping.

BigAl6ft6, Nom von Anor and Daneira like this.
  10. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Well if they restrict all the action to a single planet (like 99% of the tv shows in our world :p ) then they'll probably be fine. ;)

11. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    a star wars show on one planet would be the equivalent of a regular tv show that takes place in a single room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentGuy66, kalzeth and starfish like this.
  12. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Ok fine, I guess it will take place in the Unknown Regions. Since it seems the FO can do whatever they want there unnoticed, why not this new show? :p

kalzeth, Kylun and Daneira like this.
  13. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    The Chiss under the command of Thrawn fighting the First Order is a show I’d watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bizzbizz, kalzeth, nancipants and 4 others like this.
  14. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I still don't think Thrawn or the Chiss would be fighting the FO. They would be the FO. Thrawn already made his contempt of Jedi clear in Rebels. Furthermore, Thrawn wants to fight against an Unknown Regions threat--it makes little sense if this threat is Snoke, because Palpatine and Snoke are both darksiders--why would Thrawn ally with one darksider to fight another? He'd just replace one dark side threat with a different one. He should be asking Ezra for help against this threat, and in Rebels he makes no indication of doing so.

15. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    There is nothing out there saying they can't have smaller scale battles and disputes. They just can't have Galaxy wide wars like they did with the PT, OT, and ST.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I definitely see Thrawn siding against the FO.

Daneira likes this.
  17. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Maybe new heroic martyr Thrawn who conveniently has noble reasons for all his atrocities, but not original 'Heir to the Empire' Thrawn who wanted to kidnap babies for the restoration of the glory of the New Order, as he outright told Joruus C'baoth...

C'baoth threw a look at Pellaeon. "To what end?" he rumbled.

"To the end we've already discussed," Thrawn said. "Power."

"What sort of power?"

For the first time since landing, Thrawn seemed taken aback. "The conquering of worlds, of course. The final defeat of the Rebellion. The reestablishment of the glory that was once the Empire's New Order."

Even heroic martyr Thrawn shows his true colors at certain points. After he threatened to bombard Lothal civilians, he told Ezra "Who deserves what is irrelevant, what matters is who has the power."

So I take Thrawn's own words and actions as indication he'd be great FO material...

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm unsure whether Thrawn would join or not, because I'm not sure if it's so much his choice, as theirs. Hux is thinking about the Unknown Regions in the TLJ novelization and notes how Snoke wiped out a bunch of folks there on his road to power. If they're Chiss enemies, great. But they might even have been Chiss that got in his way. Thrawn's all for the power, and I have no doubt he'd join the FO if allowed, but if they laid a hand on the Chiss I think he'd be their sworn enemy.

sidv88 likes this.
  19. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Thrawn strikes me a bit like Dr. Who since the 2005 revival. Always going on and on about his people, yet when his people are actually around he can't be bothered with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

bizzbizz, Barriss_Coffee and Vialco like this.
  20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    *jumps in*

star wars west wing STAR WARS WEST WING

*jumps out*

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Wherever the conflict would take place all you gotta say is "Oh, we're not a member of the Republic" and that is that, go crazy. I'm just wondering what characters we know we could see in this, all of the OT characters are potentially on the table.

22. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I like it. But season 1-2 quality West Wing. Or 1-4 minus "Isaac and Ishmael"
    Heck, if it was the quality of the back-half of season 6 and all of season 7 I'd be fine with it. It took a bit of time to find its already fumbling legs after Sorkin left but it ended up fine in the end.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Others have come close. Babylon 5 was way ahead of it's time with absolute-canon books & comics, in addition to the TV shows, TV movies, (once-planned) theatrical film and (eventually cancelled) video game. Stargate had multiple shows, (planned) films and (eventually cancelled) FPS & MMO video games (the latter of which was originally intended to interact with the show in some way, IIRC- though that would later be taken further with Defiance, I believe), but their printed material was non-canon.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Actually, it is set 7 years after the Battle of Yavin, not 7 years after RotJ.

Sith Iratus likes this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Cue Snoke-Kylo later:

You want to know the truth about the war with Chiss, boy?
    Yes, master.
    It all began when I insulted Thrawn, by insulting his.... mother. After that his vaunted strategic ability drained and he was easy prey.