main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V SOLO: A Star Wars Story (untagged spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 9, 2015.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So last night's Red Carpet Premiere of Solo: A Star Wars Story (which Andi kept tripping up saying) they showed off a custom Nissan which you can do yourself.

https://www.nissanusa.com/star-wars-solo/customize/en/model-select

The best part is you can click and hold on a certain part of the screen and see the 7 inspirations from the movie and a brief description of each vehicle.

• Millennium Falcon
    • Han's Speeder
    • Cloud-Rider Swoop Bike
    • Cargo Train
    • Heavy Armoured Tie Fighter
    • Moloch's Landspeeder
    • Imperial AT Hauler

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I like Collider and watch Jedi Council every single week but there is something slightly peculiar about the Collider people's reactions. From what I have seen the vast vast majority of the people that saw the movie are praising it. And then you have Collider. THe Collider people are 'meh' about it at best. Unlike many of these reviewers that went to this showing they run a large social network channel and their channel audience has been very divisive as of late due to TLJ. So it does make wonder if they are saying things to keep the people that are a little jaded about Star Wars right now onboard with their channel. Because their existence as a channel does rely solely on people viewing their stuff.

If the reactions overall were a little more 'meh' it wouldn't seem fishy in the slightest. But when pretty much all the negative reactions are coming from one place it does make you wonder a bit if they perhaps planned to be a little 'meh' about the movie.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Kristian is sometimes way overoard wih his veiws and he has the most crazy the theories. he is obbsessed with canon so mutch it frustattes him animation and live action don't meet. Him not liking Solo, means i love it.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  4. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Ok massive spoilers, don't look if you don't want to know about Solo. Really. The thread title says leaks are ok as long as there are spoiler tags, so here goes
    So Maul is a crime lord out in the open? Basically after the Siege of Mandalore, he runs off and sets up shop as a crime lord. And Vader and Palpatine don't know about this? Palpatine sensed Maul across the galaxy in TCW. They don't come take him out?

The Inquisitors tell Maul on Malachor "So the rumors are true, Darth Maul lives." These Inquisitors are pretty clueless for people who work in Imperial Intelligence. They should have said something like "Being a crime lord got boring huh?"

Does Maul still want revenge on the Sith? Why doesn't he tell everyone that Palpatine started the Clone Wars? If Maul was such a big shot crime lord, why didn't he go to Jabba's palace in Rebels and ask, one crime lord to another, for a deal on finding Kenobi instead of wandering the desert? Why didn't he get his old gang together for help hunting Kenobi instead of acting like a loner?

Hypatia likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Wait you bull****tting right. If not love it.:p

6. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    No, I'm not. I wasn't fortunate enough to see the movie myself, but I've seen several reliable accounts this is the case (including a youtube reviewer who marked his video as spoilers and wouldn't want to lose views I'm sure for spreading fake info--I think his video might get taken down though, he might not know he shouldn't post spoilers) and I have no reason to believe these people are faking.

I'm reading spoilers because, after being burned on 7 and 8, I'm not falling for the "When you see it, it will be good" line that people said for 7 and 8. Spoilers for 7 and 8 sounded bad and were equally bad on screen, but many people were like "You have to see it on screen, it will be good". But it wasn't, it was very, very bad, making me regret paying for the film (and contributing to 8's box office "success"). So bad that I will not see 9 in theaters to make a meaningful dollar vote against Disney's ST direction.

But Solo is not in the terrible (for me) ST storyline and might be good. So... I'm reading spoilers on Solo to make an informed decision on whether to see this movie or not. :)

7. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Wait.... Maul is in Solo?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

8. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    One of the international TV spots showed several shots of Val helping out with the conveyex heist while Nest & Co. swoop around them, so unless Val is a quick-change artist or hiring a double, I kinda doubt it. (Or is this the clip you're referring to? I couldn't find it with the dialogue audible, just this version with music playing over it.)

9. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Yeah, I've read enough reports of it that I believe it. He's the big shot crime lord Qi'ra is working for, and apparently he appears in person and speaks.

There's a youtube video also confirming but it may have been taken down by now.

It's so widely known among the spoiler community that Maul's in it they are even making threads joking about it:

AusStig likes this.
  10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I am on my phone currently so I cannot quote it, but yeah I am referring to that clip and addressed the the swoops in a post shortly after that original one.

pretty much boils down to us only seeing Val see something in her macrobinoculars, say they are coming, and then we quickly cut to the swoops arriving. We don’t know how much time passed, and on top of that like you said she could have a double, or more likely more time passed and she started to suit up and her gang dropped the rest off with the mask when they passed by. She does not seem to be on the train cars with them, I think she might be on that cargo ship we keep seeing on that sequence. The swoops go by so fast, we cannot make out Nest, not are we sure those shots are right after.

Not saying I am certain, or even find it likely; just that it is feasible for her to get the signal of the flying tower thing arriving, say Nest is coming, either get on her already set up bike with gear or get given both when her gang passes by, and then show up at some point during the heist. We know Nest rides a swoop at some point but that could happen once the first few waves of cloud riders attack. Would be a good plan to wait a few min and then show up climactically and jump onto the train. [/spoiler ]

11. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Not surprised, though. Solo reviews that throw mud at TLJ will be at least as common as all the TFA reviews that found a way to shoehorn in some variation of the phrase "After the disappointing prequels..." That's one thing I will admit I'm not looking forward to about this one.

12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    dang, it’s going to be a long couple weeks trying to avoid spoilers. :p

13. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    If anyone doubts that the spoilers I posted are legit, I've noticed now that the youtube video discussing them have been taken down. :p

14. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    I'm wondering if something happens during the conveyex heist where Val ends up sacrificing herself to save the others, and that's why she isn't seen with Beckett, Qi'ra, Han, and Chewie in the 'showdown' scene with Nest and the Cloud-Riders. But I really want (a) Val to not turn traitor; and (b) Nest to be a separate character and not someone we already know in disguise, so that's why I'm having those thoughts/hopes.

vncredleader likes this.
  15. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    This info is already out there if you know where to look.

16. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I love it. Its so dumb, but if its true I love it. The idea of people sitting there with me like, "Wait, is that Darth Maul?! How the kark is he still alive? Why didn't we see him in any of the other movies?" and me being like "Go watch a cartoon.". Its hilarious, it fills me with an irrational glee.

The only thing that could top it would be Rae Sloane showing up in IX with the Eclipse and no explanation.

17. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    I don't really want to actually spoil myself on those two particular points, just think idly about them, so I won't go looking :p Of the new characters being introduced in this film, Val is the one I'm most looking forward to, so I'm afraid of catching ~too~ many spoilers about her actions/fate/etc. before seeing it myself. I wonder if I should step away from the thread at this point, or if I can trust myself not to expand spoiler tags... [face_thinking]

Attempting to dodge the biggest spoilers for the next TWO WHOLE WEEKS UGH like:

[​IMG]

vncredleader and Giovs like this.
  18. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm not sure what to think. Near as I can tell, it seems more to set up for some other film. The problem is Rebels shot themselves in the foot with Maul already confronting Kenobi, so Maul can't be fighting Kenobi in the rumored Kenobi film unless it breaks continuity.

It seems we've hit the Marvel Cinematic Universe stage where each movie is just an ad for the future movie...

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Maul will be in a few movies now, Solo sequel, Boba and Kenobi. He might have one himself soon. other movies is possible. I think Kenobi 2 or something might include the Rebels scene with their finale fate.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2018
  20. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    @Fredrik Vallestrand You REALLY should spoiler tag your post.

It seems strange they went ahead and killed Maul in Rebels if they're just starting his film career. Did Filoni know there were movie plans for Maul? Was Maul a Lord/Miller thing or something Ron Howard threw in at the last minute? Because that might explain why Filoni decided to kill him if he thought there were no plans for him.

21. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    There are a number of other reviews that are mixed though, it isn't just Collider. It's just interesting that ALL Collider people are similar in their view.

22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Technically a Spoiler free reaction-But I'll put the spoiler tag over it just in case

Sith Iratus likes this.
  23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    These spoilers cannot be real. There is no way. I don't believe it.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  24. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Multiple sources already confirmed I think.
    From a marketing standpoint, it kind of makes sense to include maul.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

25. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Ew no, please no. I hope this is false.