main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2009
    To me, that doesn't mean they're aren't any Jedi. It just means there are no Jedi Knights, plenty of former padawans and self-taught Force adepts ready to learn from a newly knighted Luke and in turn help him rebuild the Jedi Order, maybe teach him a thing or too as well in the process.

2. nancipants

nancipants Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 16, 2017
    That wasn’t the point of my question. Nor was it about Ezra or Ahsoka.

The point is that Luke says he was teaching 13 students how to be Jedi. Kylo killed/kidnapped them all. Luke is the Last Jedi.

If we ever get an animated show led by Dave Filoni about Luke’s Jedi Academy, how is he going to deal with that? Are some of them going to “get away” or just not be Jedi in order to get around what is portrayed in The Last Jedi?

I have mixed feelings about TLJ, but I do not want another “well, actually” retcon on Dave’s part. Obviously, people disagree with me.

3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I have nothing against Light Side users who are not Jedi. On the contrary, I welcome it...
    ... if only they were part of clearly distinct traditions. You know, not guys with Jedi-like lightsabers and Jedi-like training, and Jedi-like values, yet not calling themselves Jedi.
    Voss Mystics, Mist-Weavers, Nuns of G'aav'aar'oon, or what-have-you.

4. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    If they actually try and do something with alternate ideologies then it'll be great, for both Light and Dark. Really, you've got thousands of cultures who would interpret the experience of life and the Force differently...they can't all be Jedi and Sith, and if the next series goes to the Unknown Regions then all the better Force sensitive characters to pick up some different views on the great mystery.

The problem is, you're still going to get people who hate that....but I suppose that's pretty much inevitable with any Star Wars these days.

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I actually think the writing, the characters, and the stories were super excellent in these games. Except for this particular thing.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I was searching the internet for something and went down the rabbit hole of random sidelinks until I found... this utterly amazing... artist... and their wackery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I can call this a good day.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  7. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Sigh. Didn't Pokemon teach you not to fall down rabbit holes? Here, take this escape rope and get out of there.

[​IMG]

8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Thrawn's "kill me now" gaze should been a clear warning to stop while you're ahead...

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I have not played TCG in years, the fact that they made an escape rope card that looks that epic makes me regret that decision.

Edit: so I looked up escape rope in order to find that card and let's just say there are some rather messed up memes. I love my fellow Pokefans, but dang can they get brutal sometimes

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Vialco likes this.
  10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Some more works of art by the same creator:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I take my leave. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Barriss_Coffee and darkspine10 like this.
  12. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Ezra and Thrawn are the reason the Yuuzhan Vong never attacked in canon. I'm sure we'll hear the whole tale someday. :p

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah I know there's other plans but, as I said in this thread months ago, just an Ezra n' Thrawn wacky mismatched roommate adventure series I would be okay with.

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

darkspine10 likes this.
  15. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Any word on when season 4 comes to Blu Rey?

Hopeless likes this.
  16. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    July 31 has just been announced.

Ewok Poet, PimpBacca and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    That's good news. I think the special features are a little light, but in line with what I expected. I haven't bought any seasons yet, I'm waiting to see if they do a complete set with extra stuff in it, but my guess is we won't be seeing one of those.

18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Thanks. They've been utterly cagey about these for four years running and I don't see the benefit to it for them.

kalzeth likes this.
  19. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I presume this will be the American release date.

20. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Can't wait for this. Loved rebels from season 1 and look forward to seeing these episodes in HD.

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Probably. UK date has tended to be a month or so later.

PimpBacca likes this.
  22. crazyewok

crazyewok Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 27, 2017
    I wonder if thawn will try and recruit Ezra for the Chiss like he tried recruiting that rebel leader in the thawn book.

Ezra proved himself worthy to thawn so I would think he would at least try.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    ManWithoutAStar and kalzeth like this.
  23. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Ezra taking Soontir Fel's place as Hand of Thrawn?....

.....seems legit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

kalzeth likes this.
  24. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Remember when Thrawn got mad at that Imperial officer for disrespecting the Kalikori and everyone was up in arms because “Legends Thrawn doesn’t get angry”?

I’m currently re-reading Heir to the Empire, and a mere few chapters in, Thrawn is on Wayland trying to find the Guardian of Mount Tantiss. None of the natives are helping him, so he has Ruhk destroy a house.

Later, the guy whose house it was tries to shoot Thrawn with a crossbow. C’baoth stops the arrow with the Force. Then Rukh tries to shoot the guy who shot at Thrawn, but the blaster bolt is stopped by a rock C’baoth levitates in the path of the bolt.

Guess what guys: Thrawn gets really mad about this. He yells at C’baoth. He has to force himself to calm down.

So Thrawn’s always had a bit of a temper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slater, BigAl6ft6, Revanfan1 and 9 others like this.
  25. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Even if the guy never got angry in the EU (which obviously was never true), I'd hardly call his short controlled outburst in season 3 an angry rage. It actually fits the character of someone in control of their anger quite well, just sayin'. A short impulsive move, quickly put under control again.

Slater, BigAl6ft6, Revanfan1 and 4 others like this.