main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Not true if it's CGI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    They might not even need Billy Dee for CGI Lando. CGI Leia in Rogue One was not played by Carrie Fisher.

3. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t see why it’s a leap to assume that Thrawn would ask a Sith to help fight another darkside faction.

Thrawn clearly holds authoritarian views, so he’s not exactly on the side of the Light. The motivating factor for him refers to a threat to his people...that’s not a good vs evil thing, that’s a survival thing. If one Dark Side faction is willing to help him defeat another Dark Side faction then I can’t see why he would take issue with it.

kalzeth likes this.
  4. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    The issue becomes that Palpatine is as much a threat to the Chiss as Snoke, if Snoke was who thrawn was afraid of. Any deal Palpatine makes for the Chiss can be altered at any time, as Lando saw in ESB, and surely Thrawn knows this.

The Vong was different as Palpatine had reason to fear them. I haven't seen anything from Snoke that would indicate Palpatine feared him. Palpatine might want to join Snoke, and then where would the chiss be if snoke was the threat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

kalzeth likes this.
  5. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Well Thrawn does go out of his way to conceal where exactly in the Uknown Regions the Chiss inhabit, so it's not as if he especially trusts Palpatine either. Plus, recent history for when Thrawn was around shows that the Sith aren't exactly the type to play friendly with other Darksiders...Maul and the Nightsisters are a big example of that. And then if you take into consideration that Thrawn was already making plans for a Post-Palpatine Empire back at the Battle of Batonn...

kalzeth likes this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

7. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    100 million for 10 episodes. 10 million per episode. Never was good at economics so I can’t tell if that’s good. I wonder what it would’ve cost Lucas back in the 70’s.....

I’m hoping the 10 episodes is just math and not the actual length of the series. I’m planning to shell out for the Disney streaming service and if it’s only 10 episodes, it won’t be worth it.

Yes I know it’s live-action but if it’s so expensive to make, can it and make a really good 22 episode animated series. It can have adult themes but just have 3D animation like Rebels.

8. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    They are going to make more money in the long run, and have more eyes on screens, if it's a high-quality 10-episode per season live-action series, than an animated show.

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  9. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I find most of the best shows (or at least my favourites) run for 10-13 episodes, as opposed to lengthier seasons.

10. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I'm down for 10 episodes. Ideally, it would be an hour for each episode, but I really enjoy The Santa Clarita Diet, which has 10 episode seasons and 30-minute episodes.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  11. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    There’s so much potential for the cast if this is true. Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett. Katee Sackhoff as Bo Katan. Kevin McKidd as Fenn Rau. Tiya Sircar as Sabine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    If the series is about Mandos post-ROTJ, I can see it going this way:

- Opening two parter will show us Mandalorians taking out the remaining Imperial occupation forces. Good for introducing our characters and showing the general audience just how good the Mandalorians are. At the same time, it will have stormtroopers, TIEs, etc., so it will scream SW visually.

- Then the real story will start, which will be a conflict between the various Mando clans about how to rule Mandalore now that the Empire is gone and what should their role in the larger galaxy be.

- This way you can have tons of drama and intrigues a la Game of Thrones. You can have characters that want to go back to being pacifists, characters that want to be isolationists, those that want to be part of the New Republic, and finally those that want to go back to their traditions and use the fact the galaxy is in such chaos, and go back to raiding and conquering.

14. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Gudenruben2 and PimpBacca like this.
  15. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I can see it. A hugely expensive series of ten episodes puts it up alongside the likes of Game of Thrones, which is exactly the sort of thing Disney would want to use to start its streaming service. Warring houses of noble warriors with lots of room for political intrigue and explosive action scenes? Sure, the Mandalorians fit that vibe perfectly. I could easily see "Game of Thrones but Boba Fett's in it" being the approach here.

16. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I both believe this, and am very ok with it.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    just hearing of this, i love it. our main will be new characters, but guest-reccuring will be ones like Bo-katan, Fenn rau and maybe Boba fett if lucky. Sabine is on lothal so she won't come. And i bet there will be a Vizsla in there somewhere. plus Korkie.

18. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    This is set in 7 ABY, two or three years after Sabine leaves Lothal for regions unknown.

19. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Yes if its an hour per episode, then that's fine. I'm so used to 22 minute shows.

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  20. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Add in some Imperials who weren't wiped out, some still surviving on Mandalore (or Mandos who worked for the Empire) or close but beyond the planet. With also some contact with members of the New Republic arriving to the planet to talk diplomacy.

With it being such a warrioristic culture, I expect seeing sword duels. From ones with vibroblades, to maybe the darksaber getting some screen time (though keep it rare). We could even see a saber duel happen without force users. It wouldn't be odd if a mandalorian got his hands on another lightsaber. Could be one once owned by a Jedi before being murdered by the Empire. Also with Mandalores connection to the Jedi of the Old Republic, maybe their is another war trophy saber from that era in mandalorian hands.

Speaking of the Old Republic, if this show is truly on Mandalore, its would be a perfect opportunity to use it to shed more light on the Jedi vs Mandalorian War. After all viewers who havn't watched TCW/Rebels may wonder why the planet is such a wasteland.

MrDarth0 and kalzeth like this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think game of thrones epic clan feuds but star wars is appropriate for a TV show. The hell of it is, I was certain the Game of Thrones guys were making a game of thrones with star wars anyway. Ah well, maybe the Mandelorian-centric approach would make the TV show different. If this is true.

22. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    I actually think it's less likely the GOT dudes would have been hired to just replicate GOT (but in space!), so this makes more sense than Benioff and Weiss doing a feuding houses story.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    To be fair, entirely made up in my head, I think this is the TV Star Wars game of Thrones and Benioff and Weiss are doing Knights of the Old Republic which is still Star Wars game of thrones but galaxy spanning and different (while the TV show Star Wars game of thrones remains landlocked on Mandalore). Basically I'm foreseeing a lot of SWGoT!

kalzeth likes this.
  24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    If this show really does turn out to be about post-ROTJ Mandalorians, I am going to be so freaking lit for this. :D

25. nancipants

nancipants Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 16, 2017
    Needs more X-wings. :(

starfish and Revanfan1 like this.