main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Thrawn Alliances Book - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Diego Lucas, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Maybe nothing, maybe something....Who knows. But lets start this thread back up again

2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    A Quadrilogy ey? I'm not surprised that he's signed on for more, but I assumed that was more of a trilogy thing. Either way, happy that he's getting more work and that we may see more of his creations return to the franchise.

kalzeth and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m still waiting for this.

The sooner this comes out, the better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Interesting, but perhaps they're in limbo not only because of IX, but also because of the Resistance/live action shows.

Thrawn would be perfect for the post-Endor live action show.

kalzeth likes this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    "So we're going to war against a Grand Admiral?"
    "Not war, police action."

6. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    [​IMG]

"Chisslomatic Immunity"

7. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Interesting.
    With the last book, Rebels, and this one set in between seasons...
    That only leaves a sequel to the series, or a prequel to the first book.
    Maybe both,

What do you suppose the odds are that Filoni allows Zahn to reveal the fait of Ezra and Thrawn?
    I mean it's possible they show up in the new series, but since that takes place decades later a lot can change in that time.

kalzeth likes this.
  8. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Come on "canon thrawn trilogy" book [face_praying]

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That would be smart as then you'd have a book pre-S3, one pre-S4, two post-series - it's a neat structure.

chris1982 likes this.
  10. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'd definitely love to see a prequel to the first books. Something to flesh out the Chiss Ascendancy, the threat in the Unknown Regions and more to the origins of Thrawn's mission to join the Empire.

kalzeth likes this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I don't understand why people think this can happen. The way the Universe is set up going back to Bloodline to Aftermath 3 there literally can not be a Thrawn trilogy. Pre Ep 7.....Post 9 maybe but even then that seems far fetched.

In a way the Thrawn Triology is the Sequel Triology that is the Empire's grand return, that's when the iconography and aesthetics of the Empire (Stormtroopers, Star Destroyers, all that evil good stuff) returns.

The only time you can do a Thrawn Campaign would be if you did like a "Wrath of Khan" with Thrawn like scenario and that would be like one Star Destroyer and New Republic crew (or the Ghost Crew)

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well Thrawn was isolated and alone with a mere twelve Destroyers in his campaign for the first four months... it was only the last two that the full Empire intervened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I'd imagine that he's got the Seventh Fleet with him this time, but they can always grow or shrink that number as fits their needs. Handwave that ships were destroyed en transit or something.

kalzeth likes this.
  14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Space Whale a few ships away if the plot demands it ‍♂️

15. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    You take issue with that?

16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    No, just using that as an example to use if they need to handwave a few ships away, is all.

17. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Turns out Zahn was misquoted; he's since clarified on his Facebook that he has two more proposed outlines for novels but neither have been accepted by LFL/Del Rey and that his comments on IX where in regards to the story group prioritising that before they can get to looking at his stuff.

18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  19. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
  20. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Sharing what? For some reason, I see nothing. :(

21. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    This post by Zahn on his Facebook page.

Iron_lord and LelalMekha like this.
  22. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    The fact that he has no idea what's in upcoming sandwiches is the really heartbreaking thing here. He could end up with deviled ham, or something equally foul. As a Famous Author it seems to me he should have at least some insight about that sort of thing, if not a measure of control.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Revanfan1, kalzeth, Jedi Ben and 2 others like this.
  23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    He's implied before that Dave Filoni kind of vaguely informed him about where things were going for Thrawn in Rebels at least.

It does seem though, that he's only doing Thrawn related stuff for them these days. Personally I wouldn't mind if he did something like Scoundrels again. He's spoken about ideas for a Boba Fett story or something that covers Rex during the OT...I wouldn't mind stuff like that.

iPodwithnomusic and Jedi Ben like this.
  24. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Yeah, Thrawn is of course an iconic character, and depicting him in the new canon allows for some degree of reinvention. But at the same time, in the last few years of the old EU Zahn was finally starting to branch out beyond his Thrawn/Mara comfort zone, and I think those were some of his best works. It's a shame that he seems to be back in his home turf.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Maybe he can write Scoundrels 2? Basically a new work with Han and Lando taking place after the Solo movie. Maybe this is one of those proposals he's discussing.

Zahn could probably write a great battle of Taanab, but they might want to save that for a movie.

Last edited: May 23, 2018