main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I can't really get over Hardy's accent as Brock... it sounds like that scene in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back where Ben Affleck does a scared Bawstun accent "I don't like dem apples!"

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It’s definitely more distracting to me.

Hardy does love an over the top voice. His one in Peaky Blinders is quite something. It’s the most stereotypical Golders Green Jew accent you’ll ever hear.

3. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I don't have a quarrel with Tom Hardy's accent or the 1990s, but I've seen this plot so many times with so little variation that I can't imagine ever wanting to see this movie again under any circumstances.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002

I can't wait.

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  5. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    What is this new trend in trailers that they begin the first few seconds with a rapid fire of clips teasing the very trailer you're about to see? 8-}

6. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    It's the dumbest thing.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  7. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    The trailer trailer. Be excited for the new trailer. Here it comes. It's about to begin. This is it.

Another favorite thing. Watching trailers on imdb. You have to watch an ad first. I'm already watching a ****ing ad. Why does this ad have ads stuck on it?

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

I hate it so much- they've been doing that more and more often over the last 2+ years. My assumption is that it's designed to bettergrab the attention of people scrolling through social media sites when it autoplays than it would if it had a traditional greenband or movie logo from the actual trailer beginning.

Which doesn't explain why the youtube version would do that since there is no autoplay scrolling involved and people are specifically seeking out these videos there. They must be very lazy, only wanting to make one jack-of-all-trades version to distribute to all platforms.

I still hate them.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  9. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    The micro trailer. Yeah I hate those as well.

Like I said before I think this trailer is an improvement over the first one which I thought was underwhelming even for a teaser. The movie it's selling looks just ok. The whole adjustment period for Brock after being joined with the symbiote (things like the shot of Hardy seemingly negotiating with himself) is what I would look forward to though I do get the impression that it will be just a small slice of the movie. And the action looks fairly unremarkable.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I saw a review of the trailer today that said Venom was a remake of the Halle Berry Catwoman disaster.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "The guy you work for is an evil person!"

Yeah, **** that.

12. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    The trailer was giving off some late 90's/early 00's action movie vibes. Even some the dialog felt similarly dated.

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well at least it won't set back comic book movies back if it's that kind of a disaster the way Halle!Catwoman did for female Superheroine films (IMO).

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt there- I really think that line comes across as poor as it does due to the trailer's editing/exposition-focus. I think in context it might feel more natural (they're on a date, he might be speaking grandly to exaggerate or attempt to impress, or convince her to leave the job, etc). That line just feels a little choppy independent of the actual dialogue content.

Same goes for the "key to our evolution" (though in that case I'm hoping it's more trailer-only exposition vs an actual line) and the transitions in and out of the reporter/"you suck"/Life Foundation sequence which feels like it's missing some very obvious connecting tissue (even in the context of this being a summary for the trailer).

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I really didn't like that Venom trailer. The look of Venom does look like it was something from the 1990s special effects of films, which make the Spidey 3 Venom look better. The only thing I did like it was the lines of "We..."

I though the Upgrade trailer felt more like a Venom movie than the actual Venom trailer.

In other Spidey movie news...

Jake Gyllenhaal Is In Talks To Play [*********] In The SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Sequel

16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The Sinister Six has been Sony's dream project for years. It seems right to end the MCU Spidey trilogy with a show down with the Sinister Six, and as such, I wouldn't expect to see the Sinister Six until then. Of course being that the Sony/Marvel agreement allows for a Spidey: Homecoming 3. I can't remember if the agreements between Sony and Marvel ends after the sequel to Homecoming.

18. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Filming for "Homecoming 2" starts mid June, so I'm not surprised to see the Gyllenhaal news.

Sinister Six is definitely looking obtainable now since they have a Vulture, Scorpion, Shocker and now Mysterio.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kraven and his brother Chameleon soon.

The big news I'm waiting for next month is who did they cast as the European femme fatale that's been in their casting process for the film.

I'm curious if the character will be Silver Sable, a reworked Black Cat or hopefully Jessica Drew.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm all in for Tom Hardy going insane. And he always does some kind of weird voice thing that I think I'm going to hate but I always end up loving it. The Bane voice was the best thing about TDKR. See also: The Drop, Legend, Locke. He clearly likes finding his character through a voice and, at this point, I trust him. On that aspect.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i seem to remember that the initial deal was just for 5 total movies, so avengers 4 and homecoming 2 would wrap that up, but i'd be really surprised if they didn't extend it as it's hugely profitable for both companies with no real drawbacks, and sony's alternatives would be rebooting the character yet again or suddenly cutting him off from the rest of the mcu, and neither choice seems great.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

Pardon? that's the one thing that prevents me from watching it again. I laugh every time I hear it

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I’ve always wanted to see Mysterio in a Spider-Man film. Maybe we can get a Spidey/Dr. Strange team up since he’ll be dealing with magic.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Having seen Infinity War, so much for my pet theory that Spidey gets/loses the symbiote costume and leads into Venom. So kinda back to square one, Venom origin without Spidey. Or at least not seeing it. I'm convinced a Tom Hardy monologue about the backstory would nail it.

24. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Doesn't Mysterio utilize "magic" in the same sense as a stage magician (ie. illusion and misdirection)? He would integrate more easily with someone like the Tinkerer if he relied on tech and gadgets to give the impression of possessing magical abilities.

25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It's pretty amazing after 7 movies, we've only had one repeat villain.

Spider-man - Green Goblin
    Spider-man 2 - Doc Ock
    Spider-man 3 - New Goblin, Sandman, Venom
    Amazing Spider-man - The Lizard
    Amazing Spider-man 2 - Electro, Green Goblin, Rhino
    Spider-man Homecoming - Vulture, Shocker(s), Tinkerer, (Scorpion)
    Spider-man Homecoming 2 - Mysterio

Sith_Sensei__Prime and PCCViking like this.