main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Phoebe Waller-Bridge (L3-37) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Feb 8, 2017.

1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    There's plenty of images and clips that show the head is firmly attached to the body.

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Confirmed! She’s from Junkion.

Bor Mullet and Mungo Baobab like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Last post here from early February? Good to see Phoebe finally getting some attention:

A Fleabag Far Far Away.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I'm wondering if L3-37 is the 'Good Guy' in the soundtrack? Especially if she leads the Kessel Droids to freedom.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    I feel like she has to die because we never see her with Lando again :(

BTW, I highly recommend the book Last Shot if you want to see Lando and L3's dynamic. It also hints her preference leans towards girl droids, ha!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    May I ask what exactly it says to hint that? Just curious and won't have a chance to read it until late next month at the earliest.

7. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    It's a scene where Lando asks her what kind of boy droid she'd be into and she responds something like "What makes you think it'd be a boy?" I don't have my book with me so not an exact quote but something along those lines.

Also, I love that she accused Lando of flirting with Han in that clip!

8. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Whenever I see this image of L3, I can't help but imagine her dancing like Raz P. Berry.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/L3-37
    Warning: This Donald Glover video contains some SNL late night language. The dance starts around 4:30.

9. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Are new main character droid characters being thrown in to star wars abit too often now? i mean Star wars with droids isn't a bad thing but we have R2, Chopper, BB-8 and C3P0, L3 and K-2SO so far.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  11. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    4 films, 3 new droids. Hardly overkill.

Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Stop shoving your pro-droid agenda down our throats.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    They should have free maintenance and oil bathes too!
    [​IMG]

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    If it were up to you, half my paycheck would go towards propping up the droid welfare state.

15. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Im tired of focusing on new droid characters instead of giving us new alien main characters in the films.

I prefer stories about star wars people instead of soulless droids.

With also not getting much familiar aliens in disney star wars films, I have loved if she played a Twilek co pilot to Lando.

Creating an actual cross species relationship instead of a droid owner having a creep fascination with his property.

Droids can't be humanized to much anyways, or that creates issues in the narrative of star wars.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    We're also getting an alien as part of the initial crew.

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado likes this.
  17. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    I like important droid characters with personality because of the incredible implications of AI in the galaxy.

But I do prefer alien characters especially ones with fun speculatory culture and evolutionary history

18. cronus33

cronus33 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Early reports are that L337 is basically an SJW droid?
    Please tell me this isn't true...

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Er, what? She's a droid that believes in equal rights for droids. So unless you're opposed to equal rights, as a concept, this shouldn't be a problem for you.

And if you're this guy?

[​IMG]

Too bad. L337 disagrees with you.

20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it's sw....

Jedi Knight Fett and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    You know, if SJW complainers existed back in the 70s, I’m sure Leia would be called SJW propaganda too. Clearly, her outspoken political views ruined the whole movie.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    And the “we don’t serve their kind here!” in the cantina? Total pandering to the SJW crowd who were still pushing their “civil rights” agenda...

Plus, Leia can expertly shoot a blaster? Where is the scene explaining that skill? Feminazi crap.

23. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    That scene was paid by the "Guns for Princesses Association"

24. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    She really sounded like Phasma. British woman. Chrome. Ah.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well your opinion is understandable, I also want to hear more about star wars people. But I disagree about droids being soulless or tiring- that's harsh really.... they are not organic, they may not have Force essence or something, but some sort of sentience counts as a soul of sorts, or does it? That is interesting point really. I like droid characters and I think there is no point removing them completely from the franchise.

Besides Star Wars has always humanized droids- R2-D2 is the main character in most of the original Star Wars along with C-3PO. Movie starts by following these "soulless droids" before we even see Luke. Having new droid characters in Star Wars is essential IMO- they belong to SW.

I also love aliens, and I agree they are often poorly represented in SW. But this movie has so much Chewbacca and Rio is also a great new alien character, so it has better alien representation than other new SW films already.

Maybe that would've worked, but I think that movie needed a new droid character in any way. This movie has twi'leks on the background in many scenes, also wookiees, zabrak and rodian, so it has more "familiar aliens" than before. I agree that we need to see more familiar aliens but not only twi'leks always. I think tw'leks are getting bit tiring in fact.

Cross species relationships are interesting too, but honestly isn't human x Twilek bit too conventional already- how about something more exotic and weird like human x Gamorrean- that would be controversial....

I don't think it does. Droids can actually be humanized very much- New Star Wars canon has not even shown any human-replica androids for example like Guri was in old canon. You seem to be very sure that droid that has mind of it's own is still just a tool or a property. I think that it is questionable in case of many droids having very sentient-like capabilities. I can understand they decided to make this first time a bigger issue in character of L3- most in SW galaxy seem to share your point of view (like Obi-Wan) but it is not obvious in Star Wars setting. Creating sentient machines and then using them like slaves and as property is not morally free of problems.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Cantina Regular likes this.