main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #13-18: Burning Seas (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Sidious would never let Barr join the Inquisitorious. He knows far too much to be allowed to live. None of the Inquisitors know who Darth Vader used to be. Vader kills a handful of clones that find out the truth from Jocasta Nu in an earlier arc.

2. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    That's what I thought. Since he knows who Vader is, he's toast. Unless they can wipe his mind. I don't know...Barr is really interesting and I don't want him to die yet.

revan772 likes this.
  3. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    The Jedi in each arc for this series don't tend to survive. Kirak In'fila died at the end of the Chosen One Arc. Jocasta Nu perished at the end of Dying Light. Barr's number is up. I just wonder whether he'll take down any of the Inquisitors first. Ninth Sister had better not fall at his hands.

Darth_Pevra and Ithorians like this.
  4. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    Agreed. Plus, Ninth Sister has become one of my favorite Inquisitors next to Fifth Brother and I hope she doesn't perish.

5. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Do you think Barr can keep his information to himself? I mean, the information he knows is a guaranteed death sentence indeed, but do they know that he knows? Perhaps he can keep it to himself... unless he pulls a Thanoth and start calling Vader "Anakin", or something.

All odds are against him, of course, but the theory of him ending up being, lets say, the Eleventh Brother, is interesting all the same!

Jarrus likes this.
  6. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    That's why I hoped for a change of pace after In'fila and Nu that maybe not every Jedi Vader encounters is dead and actually ends up working for the Empire. Who knows maybe they'll recanonize Dark Side Adepts

7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I'm open to the possibility that Barr could be killed off next issue just as much as I'm open to him surviving. However, I do think that Barr would be a good antagonist for the series. The Darth Vader series by Gillen had Dr. Cylo and his minions as the antagonists throughout the whole series. This series doesn't have an antagonist to "connect" all the arcs, but rather, it feels like a collection of (well synchronised) mini series. Not that that is a bad thing mind you, quite the contrary considering the quality of the series so far. But, again, if there is to be an "arch villain" for this entire run, Barr is suitable. It is hard to create a villain in a story where the main protagonist (in this case Vader) is an evil and unrelateable character. Barr could work, however, as he is not a symphatetic Jedi like we're used to from most other stories.

8. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I'd rather have the handful of competent mini-antagonists that this series had than the pathetic band of jokes that were Dr. Cylo and his second-rate cyborgs that thought they could actually rival Darth Vader.

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    been working my way through the Ashoka novel and the Sixth Brother just showed up in that and I was all like "Yay, cuz I read the Darth Vader comic I know what he looks like!" (and it ain't pretty)

10. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    He is a rather ugly mudcrutch isn't he.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So are both Tenth Brother and Sixth Brother blind, or does Sixth Brother just kinda like covering his eyes cuz it looks badass? I admit I got a little confused at one bit of dialogue when they were talking who is who and who is blind and what.

12. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Sixth Brother can see, he just loves wearing that lame mask. He had to raise the visor to fight Ahsoka though, because apparently he likes wearing a mask that he can't see out of. Talk about fashion over function.

13. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    I read Ninth Sister's line "This is Sixth Brother, and the one with no eyes, Tenth Brother" as "This guy on my one side is Sixth Brother, and this guy on my other side, who you'll notice has no eyes, is Tenth Brother". Plus what Vialco added from Ahsoka, which described Sixth Brother as having "piercing ice-blue eyes".

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    Plus, is it confirmed that Fifth Brother is blind? I know they referred to him as blind inquisitor, but I'm not sure if that's still confirmed. I'd also like to know his species...

15. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Perhaps there is a reason for Sixth Brother´s visor... maybe it´s something to do with providing some protection from the brightness of the surroundings. I don´t really remember, did he fight Ahsoka at night time? because we´ve never seen him with the need to lift up his visor in the comic, not even when dueling with Vader during training.

About Fifth Brother, he´s probably my favorite Inquisitor too. It´s been amazing to get more information on GI, 6th, 9th, 10th, but I really hope we get to see a little more of 5th, 7th and 8th too... and 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and even more if there are. The comic is Vader´s, so we can´t expect too much background for the Inquisitors, but it really feels like there is enough material for even a spinoff series devoted fully to the Inquisitorius!

BigAl6ft6, KamNale and Jarrus like this.
  16. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Really? Where is it mentioned that he’s blind?

17. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    I wish I could remember where. I think if you type anything about 5th Brother and his eyes, it'll mention that they considered to make him blind or something.

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  18. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    His voice actor said before he was given a name , the script referred to him as the Blind Inquisitor.

19. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Indeed. However, if you observe the character's actions in Rebels, he's clearly able to see. Though to be fair, Rebels blinded Kanan and then proceeded to ignore his blindness 90% of time, acting like he could still see. So they don't exactly have the best track record for that.

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    All Jedi are trained to reach out with the Force and fight blinded as younglings(AOTC) as were the Sith(Darth Maul #2 when he killed Dirty Calgriz). That whole arc with Kanan was some of the silliest things they added in just to pretend that character had something to do .

revan772 likes this.
  21. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    The covers for 19 and 20 are out now. I can't upload them at the moment, but they look great and I'm very intrigued by the descriptions for the first two.

revan772 likes this.
  22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Darth Vader #19 and #20 solicits.
    [​IMG]
    DARTH VADER #19
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)
    Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI & ELIA BONETTI
    GALACTIC ICON VARIANT COVER BY ROD REIS
    “FORTRESS VADER” BEGINS!
    • A JEDI makes a desperate deal.
    • THE INQUISITORS’ mission evolves.
    • DARTH VADER discovers a theft.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.
    [​IMG]
    DARTH VADER #20
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)
    Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI & ELIA BONETTI
    “FORTRESS VADER,” PART TWO!
    • A thief faces the consequences for their crime.
    • EMPEROR PALPATINE rewards DARTH VADER with three gifts.
    • A thing, a choice and a voice.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

23. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Re: thread title, it sounds like 'Burning Seas' runs #13-17 (though I imagine #18 would be included in the same TPB):

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  24. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Bad ground with a foul stench.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

25. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    So is Ninth Sister a cyborg from the waist down?

According to the notoriously unreliable Wook, she was cut in half by Vader. But her later appearances give no evidence to that. No cybernetics, no artificial limbs. Just an empty eye socket. What do others think? The below image does make it seem like Ninth Sister's lower body is gone.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk