main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Cult Encounters and Supernatural Encounters (even more new Legends material!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The eyes are described as "black" here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vahl

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Had a thought about Kalgrath and the Guardian of Forever. While Kalgrath was definitely tough, he seemed a LOT weaker than the Guardian. The Guardian was literally nigh invulnerable while Kalgrath had to consciously use the Force to block attacks, and while Kalgrath used secret passages to sneak around, the Guardian could actually teleport. Pretty much everything about Kalgrath seems like "the Guardian but a bit less" which I think fits REALLY well with Kalgrath being a later knockoff created with the same sort of sorcery, but used by someone not completely familiar with it.

Doesn't explain why Kalgrath remembers a nonexistent flight from Yavin 4 by "his people," though.

3. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    So ... both?

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Crystal Star actually reads a damn sight better if you know Waru is an Old One that is likely lying the hell throughout, manipulating everyone even while crippled by the Crystal Star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I honestly haven't read the book since 2008 at the latest but now, this whole thing is making me want to re-read it now.

Sinrebirth and PCCViking like this.
  6. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Pretty sure Waru is a native of the Disney canon universe who got lost in the Jedi temple on Lothal and ended up in Legends. Did Rey think Kylo was bad? Wait until she faces an army of trans-dimensional blob beings with anti-Force capabilities, led by Waru who rallied his people (he returned home to the canon universe about 20 years before Ep. 8 by my calculations).

You'll see, Episode 9 will be entitled: Attack of the Blobs.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    PCCViking likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Where was 100,000 BBY first talked about?

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I think Jedi vs Sith: Essential Guide to the Force might have contributed to this date being associated with the birth of Sith civilization.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    PCCViking likes this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Tales of the Jedi Compendium. Dark Holocron told us that Sith civilisation began 100,000 years before.

10. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    So regarding the celestials does everyone regard them as benovolent, malovolent, or neither good or evil.

I'd think they were benovolent-they did seem to watch over humans and Duros but also so terrified the Sharu into hiding in primitivism.

Also speaking of goddesses-I forget her name but wasn't their a goddess some source mentioned that remarked that humans often had a strange familiarity with her?

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Of all things, the new middle-grade book The Mighty Chewbacca in the Forest of Fear! features lore that's right up this thread's alley.

AV-6R7 likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well that’s curious!

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Were there any references to Celestial/Old One activity occuring in 100,000 BBY before TOTJ was published?

TOTJ Companion got "100,000 years" from Odan-Urr saying about the Dark Holocron, "Locked within its recesses, accessable only to a Dark Lord of the Sith, are the forgotten histories and lore, dating back a hundred thousand years and more" in TOTJ: The Sith War #1: Edge of the Whirlwind.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  14. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I'm preparing a summary.

spicer and Sinrebirth like this.
  15. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    So... Sorry about the double post, but I couldn't edit the last one anymore.
    There's this planet Ushruu, whose ENTIRE ground (or is it underground?) is strong with the dark side, while the forests of blue treelike fungi are strong with the light. As long as there was balance between the two, everything was fine. But one day, there formed a 20-kilometer crack ("the chasm") in the surface of Ushruu, and it filled with a dark energy in the form of a thick green mist; There swam a monstrous carnivore. Many inhabitants of Ushruu were drawn to the dark energies, and they started to worship the monster, thinking it created the power they felt--although in fact it just fed off it. The population decreased gradually as the creature devoured the worshipers. One day, a Force-sensitive female found a cave adjacent to the chasm, where she could bask in the mist and observe the creature without being eaten. She enslaved many other pilgrims and forced them to extend the cavern into a temple. She lived centuries and came to be known as the Enchantress. She learned much about the dark side, and wrote down everything into a sacred book. She hoped that, one day, she'd find a suitable "apprentice" to recover that book.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Anyone else creeped out by Zildrog’s mind hiding on Nathema? The first Old Machine God being in Sith Space?

The above is a ToR spoiler not a Solo one, etc.

17. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    And on that note, here IS a Solo spoiler:

The film recanonizes the existence of a Lovecraftian entity dwelling in the Maw, albeit a seemingly non-sapient one rather than Abeloth. This being is quite possibly the single largest living thing ever seen in the franchise, the only competition being Sandos, bigger Exogorths, and the largest Yuuzhan Vong critters - and it actually looks quite a bit like a Yammosk.

MercenaryAce and spicer like this.
  18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Also the Zillo Beast - which is comparable to a Sando in size.

spicer likes this.
  19. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    So if anyone is interested in answering my question would everyone consider the celestials benevolent?

20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I think "neither good nor evil" might qualify. Which is why The Ones ("what Celestials become") manifest as one good, one evil, one neutral.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I doubt that the Celestials were all allied with each other. I'd guess that some were benevolent and some were malevolent.

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well we seem to have the Architects and the Celestial separated entirely, save for Abeloth.

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    What do you mean? Where is "Architects" used outside of the Essential Guides?

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    In Cult Encounters.

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if there were plans for the novels to cover the other Old Ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.