main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Marine Corps Veteran Produced Fan Film

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Grinsa, May 11, 2018.

1. Grinsa

Grinsa Jedi Padawan

Jan 14, 2016
    This is a fan film I wrote and directed on a low budget with an all-volunteer cast and crew. This project took about two years to make, but it was an absolute blast! My team and I faced a lot of challenges during production, but the Force was with us! I am honored to share my fan film, The Dark Resurgence: A Star Wars Story with you all.

If you would love to see a sequel with the characters and story in this universe, follow me on social media!

Follow me on Facebook
    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel

May the Force be with you!

2. RebelMusicScum

RebelMusicScum Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2018

Hey, congratulations on this fan film, and thank you for your service. DARK RESURGENCE is very well produced and I especially enjoyed the lore and world building. The production values are very high and it's truly impressive how much was made out of a limited budget. Two years of production takes a lot of dedication and the end result is, in my humble opinion, a welcome addition to the Star Wars moniker.

This fan film was interesting to me for another reason, which is cause for some curiosity on my part. Given that you volunteered your military background in the beginning, it made me wonder about the effect your history had on the conception of the story. In particular, the prologue sets up a very specific military situation that allows a single location to feel much more expansive, namely that these events take place in the midst of a much broader and more complex conflict.

I'm curious about what ways, if any, your experiences as a marine influenced your conception of DARK RESURGENCE and whether any potential sequel would give us further insight into the fictional conflict contained therein.

May the force be with you.

Grinsa likes this.
  3. Grinsa

Grinsa Jedi Padawan

Jan 14, 2016
    I would have to say yes. When it comes to storytelling, I am always drawn toward situations with high tension and conflict. As far as the world outside of the events of "The Dark Resurgence", I set everything up that way to expand upon it in a sequel. My team and I are in pre-production on a feature length sequel which will draw heavy inspiration from the KOTOR video games. We will be launching a crowdfunding campaign for production of the film in about 6-9 months. If you would love to be apart of that project, follow me on social media for updates!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

RebelMusicScum likes this.
  4. RebelMusicScum

RebelMusicScum Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2018
    Subscribed and Followed,

If it's not prying too much, would this sequel be more focused on this mysterious sith
    empire, and Lord Vycus's replacement, or the rebel coalition?