main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V BOBA FETT IS DEAD!!! er, BOBA FETT STANDALONE MOVIE IS DEAD!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , May 24, 2018.

1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Solo spoiler
    I'm hoping since Obi-Wan vs Maul has already been done to death and that it seems like since Maul had no clue that Obi lived through order 66 it would make sense for Fett and probably a group of other hunters to face him.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Oh right. Guess I was so annoyed by that creative decision I guess I mind-bleached it. :p
    Well they're still from Concord Dawn, so one could justify a bit of Mando'a in a movie. If no Mando'a and no Taika Waititi, why bother.

That's what I got from it. It makes sense dramatically only if it becomes tied to a larger story.
    If a potential Obi-Wan film would include Maul at all, it should include their final encounter, and that was already done, exceptionally well, in Rebels.

3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I'd probably make it more like a Clint Eastwood Man with No Name-type of film. Namely he just shows up, we don't learn that much about his past, does his thing in a conflict, and moves on.

Also if they're going for a "space western with a morally shady protagonist" then James Mangold is actually a great choice for that kind of film I think. I mean Logan, 3:10 to Yuma, Cop Land, Walk the Line, The Wolverine, etc. That's quite a resume there.

Jedi Knight Fett and Jedi Ben like this.
  4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Joe Johnston's gotta be pissed, though.

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I hope Daniel Logan gets to play Boba Fett.

(I wish Taika Waititi could have been the director, but oh well.

Though come to think of it none of the side movies have finished with the same directors they started with.)

revan772 likes this.
  6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    My hope for this movie is it's either set post-RotJ, and Temuera Morrison is cast, or it's a backdoor sequel to Solo.

revan772 likes this.
  7. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Unpopular opinion: A Boba Fett movie? Meh.
    We had a young Han movie. Can't we have Leia now?

connor413, B3 and Jeff_Ferguson like this.
  8. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, I'm on board. Allways liked Fett and the director choice is great.

Personally hoping for something in the vein of Last One Standing, which remains by far my favorite take on the character.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  9. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I still feel to this day that in Ep. 7 The Force Awakens, Temuera Morrison should have been the one who called the First Order on Han at Maz's castle in Takodana instead of whoever it was. It might have gone over the head of the general audience, but the attentive Star Wars fans would immediately know who this was.

10. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    You know, a young Leia movie seems like a no-brainer. A way to not only have more Leia, but sidestep the "recasting or CGI" Sophie's Choice of having more screentime with older Leia.

B3 and vncredleader like this.
  11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Millie Bobby Brown!

12. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    The cutest boy in town!
    Car is fast, teeth are shiny,
    Tell all the girls you can kiss her Tantive.

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Eh, Solo was able to go ten years earlier. Leia is nineteen in ANH. You can’t cast significantly younger without going with a child protagonist. So you’re basically going to end up with two different actresses playing Leia at the same point on the timeline, which they may not be ready for (and which doesn’t really improve on the idea of recasting Leia with two actresses on the same point of the timeline, just at the opposite end of the timeline).

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I think it does improve, in that if they did a young Leia movie they'd have to recast whether Carrie Fisher were still with us or not.

connor413, Revanfan1 and Daneira like this.
  15. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Meh, the one movie I didn't want to happen. Oh well, I'll probably be pleasantly surprised.

16. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    The choice of director is great because of 3:10 to Yuma moreso than Logan, IMO.

I'll never get the obsession with people scrambling over themselves to discredit the character; it's as if people forget the third act of ESB, and in doing so forget absolutely the best 40 minutes Star Wars ever had to offer.

17. KikReask

KikReask Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2016
    Take your time with the movie god knows I don't want this to be another big reshot or director replaced crapstorm, but can we finally, FINALLY get a new Boba Fett comic out of this? Thats how I became such a Fett fanboy, and Dark Horse was pumping out Fett comics yearly because they sold well, and for a long time I think Marvel was aware of that, but LucasFilm have just forgotten about him until now to capitalise on his popularity. Forget about that loser Phasma, we need more Fett comics.

Jedi Ben, mnjedi and LAJ_FETT like this.
  18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Solo Spoilers
    I'm hoping for a Qi'ra and Boba Fett team up against Maul :D

Sith Iratus likes this.
  19. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Wouldn't be surprised if we get a Boba Fett vs Cad Bane scene in this film. CB seems to pretty popular amongst the fans.

MercenaryAce and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  20. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    This is the most excited I have been for a Star Wars film since Rogue One. I hope it is an Old Boba movie, post Saarlac, rather than a prequel, especially since they announced Jame Mangold as the Director. Mangold knows his Westerns; Logan, 3:10 to Yuma, and Walk the Line are all proof of this, having very good western atmosphere. I think his films have the perfect tone for what I would want from a Fett film.It would be awesome to get a new canon film version of "The Last Man Standing" by Daniel Keys Moran, the definitive Fett story for me, and the tale that finally turned me from indifferent to Fett into a lifelong Fett fan. I am skipping Solo and Episode 9 because I hated The Last Jedi and Solo looked boring but I am keeping my eye on Kenobi and now Boba Fett. Hopefully Kathleen Kennedy does not fire him halfway through the movie like she has with pretty much every other Star Wars spin off director.

revan772 likes this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That could be really awesome. They seem to be saving Bane for something. (no longer for Detours... heh)

Makes me wonder how many other hunters will appear in this. They could take some ideas from that cancelled game, 1313... I'd love to see Highsinger on the big screen.
    [​IMG]

22. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    We need Simon Pegg to play live action Dengar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barriss_Coffee and Amon_Amarth like this.
  23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That would be my biggest hope, personally

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Or a younger Unkar Plutt?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I am hype. Here are my hopes:

Post ROTJ
    Daniel Logan to play him.

Solo Spoilers (like others here)
    It is a second part and sets up Maul even more, before finally giving Maul his own movie. Then they could end his story in a Kenobi movie, with a retelling of the Rebels scene. Then we can even have live action Ezra, and we already have a live action Chopper.