main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I sent you a PM. It's no worries.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It's also possible that the users in question just have their profile pages set to private, or set to only be visible to people they follow. Similar to the PM options that someone mentioned above.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  3. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Thanks. I didn't realize those options were available as settings.

EHT likes this.
  4. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    What does it mean when it says "robots" on the list of active users?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Those are webcrawlers used by sites such as Google to gather information for searches.

MotivateR5D4 and pronker like this.
  6. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Sometimes when I add img-links the images become too large. (The beauty of better cameras I assume.) How do I resize those images? I tried to google BBcode and resize image under the assumption that this is a phpBB forum, but either I am wrong or the syntax didn't work. Explanation of how to do this correctly would be very welcome.

pronker likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I usually use Photoshop to resize photos before posting them. I don't see any resizing option on the img BB code here. Some users hide large images under spoiler tags. There's a list of BB codes in the Help section.

pronker likes this.
  8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    If you host your photos on Flickr, you can choose the size when you open the dialog to get the embedding code. However, the BBcode does not support resizing images on the fly. Flickr accomplishes it by creating multiple sizes of your photo on their servers and changing the embed code to reference a different file each time you change the size selection.

pronker likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that the Rules of the JC section has been updated with a link to the TFN Privacy Policy.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett and pronker like this.
  10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    *sigh* You too? At least you didn't send out an email. I'd like to know which European legislature I should file a complaint with regarding the manner in which the GDPR has polluted my inbox. :p

Tarsier and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I saw stuff all over the internet and thought it was an actual meme. Anyway thanks for the update.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Link was added by JTS at the request of the site owner.
    I must admit that one email account I have which was getting hit with a lot of 'enlarge an organ I don't have' type of spam has stopped getting it since all of the GDPR publicity. If it stays that way then I am a happy person.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Is it just me, or has the forum slowed down massively over the last few days?

pronker likes this.
  14. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    It comes and goes on my end, from rapid loading to "waiting response from" messages for maybe 20 seconds tops, then pages load. This started about last Friday.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've noticed a bit of slowness. No errors in the server log though.

pronker likes this.
  16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I've noticed email notifications have also stopped. Not sure if that has any connection.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Is anyone else having email notification issues?

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I also have not received any email notifications for a day or so. They are not in my spam folder.

19. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I am.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I have also noticed a slowdown, but nothing lasts long. Sometimes it results in a double post, but that's not new. :p

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    OK - I've sent an email on the alerts and slowness issues to the usual people.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    OK - Grahame restarted MySQL and Nginx so hopefully that will sort the slowness. And I've just had an email that Anthony has sorted the email issue and the queued emails are now sending.

HanSolo29 , PCCViking and pronker like this.
  23. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    RIP my inbox. :p

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Is there no longer a 30 second delay before posting again? Since if there still is I seem to be bipassing it for some reason.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's probably because as a Game Host you are currently a VIP. That level of users gets some privileges that regular users don't.

LAJ

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.