main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V BOBA FETT IS DEAD!!! er, BOBA FETT STANDALONE MOVIE IS DEAD!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , May 24, 2018.

1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Boba Fett movie? Boo! The guy is way overhyped and over rated. And he needs to stay dead. Sarlaac ate him.

I'd be On-board with a Leia movie though. Young Leia political thriller as she is a young senator taking over for her father and getting involved in the rebellion?

connor413 likes this.
  2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    There's already a book about that.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    And it's a damn good one.

LelalMekha likes this.
  4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Yes, indeed. But I still want a movie too. [face_not_talking]
    Surely there are more stories to tell.

5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    A Boba Fett movie?!? I'll take an Enfys Nest trilogy over a Boba Fett film any day. Both characters have cool-looking helmets, but only one has an intriguing enough background that was established in a few minutes of screen time.

6. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    It seems like the people that don't want this movie haven't seen The Twelve Parsec Stare

7. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    This could be a really great movie if they decide to go fully dark.

If you want to make a movie about the best bounty hunter in the galaxy that has no moral issues with working for the likes of Vader or Jabba, you need to be willing to show some nasty stuff.

I would be totally fine if this would be the first ever R-rated SW movie actually.

Dagobahsystem and Jedi Ben like this.
  8. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I woulnd't be surprised if we get an R-rated SW movie sooner than later. Solo isn't exactly a kid friendly film. There's more sexual innuendo than any other SW movie before, and Lando almost said SH*& on screen. It seems LFL would be fine by releasing a gritty film.

9. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    There is no way there will ever be an R-rated Star Wars film.

10. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. George would never do that, but with so many SW movies on the horizon and the constant need to come up with new things to avoid franchise fatigue, Disney/Lucasfilm will eventually do it I think. Especially when you look how successful Deadpool and Logan were recently. And the guy who made Logan would be perfect for making R-rated Boba movie.

11. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    Disney's control is the main reason why there will never be an R-rated Star Wars. They never would have made an R-rated Logan and Deadpool, either. And neither would have Fox if they weren't in a bad enough place with their comics properties where a desperate gamble seemed justified. Disney will never allow an R-rated Marvel movie, and with one Star Wars movie a year they are absolutely not going to decide, "Well, we can safely ignore Star Wars ticket revenues for kids for an entire year."

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, but part of why they could do those films is that they didn't have the name 'Star Wars' attached. That boosts a film but also restricts.

(Though true, Trek has dropped the F-bomb now, and Tarantino's doing a version too.)

BobaMatt likes this.
  13. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I hope this is more like a Bounty Hunter Battle movie. With several factions/team-ups going after a target. I want to see Cad Bane, Embo, Bossk, Chanath Cha, Ketsu, etc. basically every bounty hunter showcased.

The thing is, if it's about Fett's life, we're gonna see him without the helmet like 80% of the time, don't really like that.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    BobaMatt likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Something like the Underworld: The Yavin Vassilika would work as a team/target movie.

15. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    Actually you're completely wrong about that. Bob Iger himself said "we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool. As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine."

Source https://www.gamespot.com/articles/disney-is-open-to-r-rated-marvel-movies-including-/1100-6455665/

16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Seeing how much Solo drew from the books, why not a Leia one that would do the same? Imperial courtly intrigue is [chef's kiss]. Though if we're doing a Leia movie, I'd prefer something post ROTJ, so that Tom Hiddleston can play Ransolm Casterfo.

Hope so, but unfortunately it was announced that those two grimdark-loving bros Benioff & Weiss will be running a SW film. Benioff is mostly famous for peppering the The Illiad with extra violence and mysogyny while missing it's point for Troy, and both have discarded much of the beauty and complexity of A Song of Ice and Fire for more gore and snuff.
    Considering their need to include rape into everything they write, I assume their SW film (which I hope beyond hope never sees the light of day) would have to be rated R.

Jedi Ben and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Easy fix - he never takes the helmet off. Ever.

18. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Maybe I'm a big dummy, but I only just realized today that the 1313 color scheme is meant to evoke the Holiday Special.
    [​IMG]

19. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Bob Fett movie is just rumor. Man of Gold calls it gossip and his full quote is "I'm making a period car racing movie w/ Christian Bale & Matt Damon. No Mandalorians involved. Stop reading so much gossip. Man Gold also has words about the toxic fandom of that movie thing we all like. Link is here.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  20. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    Well, Fett isn't a Mandalorian in the new canon, is he? So obviously just a clever bit of misdirection on Mangold's part.

21. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Or maybe he's just a big Back to the Future fan?

"Car Racing Movie. No Mandalorians involved" was a typo. It was supposed to be "No, Man! DeLoreans involved."

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Havac , MrDarth0 and jedisor like this.