main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I think it was originally the Empire but that was later retconed into "Emberlene was devastated by a mercenary army in return for their attacks on other worlds, but Shada and others were told the Empire was responsible" in WotC's Hero's Guide. I think that was done because WotC's writers wanting things to be less black and white, but I could be wrong.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I missed if anyone mentioned Prince Xisor. His home world was sterilised by Darth Vader following a virus outbreak from some lab.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I think it was "only" his home-city and with that his whole family

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Did we mention Chewbacca and the Wookiees?

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Sauk from Legacy II, Ania Solo's Mon Calamari friend.

pronker, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, what an "embarrassment of riches" in answer to my question about characters losing homeworlds—thanks so much to all who have replied! =D= I think I have what I need now for what I'm working on—and have gotten a few other ideas too. :)

Raissa Baiard and pronker like this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  8. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    The black looks rubbery to me, so rubberized ninja suit, sleek formfitting action suit … ?

EAD: clicking didn't enlarge the image, not sure if you meant it to … ?

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Gamiel likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we know of any SW characters with an interest in fashion? Beside Raynar Thul
    Thanks for the heads up, it was larger when I posted it. The larger version should be found here https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/b/be/Eugene_Thompson_(Earth-616)_from_Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_654_page_36.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110217021342

10. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Valenthyne Farfalla indeed loved his fancy clothes.

Pic still a bit small …

Gamiel likes this.
  11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Raynar who? The clear fashionista of the Star Wars universe is the esteemable Count Dooku.

Look at that shimmersilk tunic. That armourweave cape. That fine chain, those sleek leather boots and those neat trousers.

Not only was the Count a renowned philanthropist and humanitarian, he had an impeccable sense of style. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

12. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Ghitsa Dogder

Possibly Platt Okeefe

Gamiel and pronker like this.
  13. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Um? :lando::lando::lando:! Possibly :amidala:.

And Duchess Satine (don't know what period we're aiming for).

Kahara, Gamiel, brodiew and 1 other person like this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Vad i helskota... That picture was bigger when I linked to it.

Ok, maybe if I link to this and then people click on the picture should a larger version appear. If not, well then I'm going to be a bit irritated.

pronker likes this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Dahahrrrling, pleaaeese. Dooku may know style but he don't know fashion. He seems to only own many different pairs of the same costume and cape.

To quote Lady Ariadne Steelgarter: "Oh, perfect. Royalty. My dear, it is axiomatic - most people above the rank of baronet have no idea which end of a stovepipe hat goes on their head. And the bluer the blood, the more help they require."

:p

Hum, have not heard about Ghitsa Dogder and did not think of Platte as somebody interested in fashion, will look them up. Thanks.

Why did I not think of Lando. I feel stupid now.

Findswoman and Tarsier like this.
  16. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    @Gamiel Platt probably falls in the same category as Dooku - style rather than fashion. (I was hesitant to suggest her because I knew she wasn't quite right, you hit the nail on the head with that distinction.) I believe she mostly wears variations on the same look.

Ghitsa is self-described as having an interest in fashion, but unfortunately she only appears in couple short stories so there is not much to go on.

Gamiel likes this.
  17. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Perfect! :)

EAD: Farfalla is not human, are you looking for human/humanoid fashionistas?

Gamiel likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Not really, it is just for a thougth I have.

Also I should have thanked you togheter with the others for suggestions.

pronker likes this.
  19. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Who was the Twi’lek fashion designer who designed Mara Jade’s wedding gown? She would clearly be into fashion.

Ewok Poet, Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  20. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Jari’kyn! Love her. [face_dancing]

Ewok Poet and Gamiel like this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    could a servant who follow a jedi be considered a batman?

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    A batman is specifically a military role, where an enlisted person follows an officer. So if your story was during the Clone Wars, and the jedi was a General, or Commander (for padawans), or is an officer in another military force, then yes, "batman" would apply.

If this is happening outside a military setting, it would not.

I have seen references in literature, for peace time, where a servant, or old friend, was referred to as being the civilian protagonists' "batman during the war", so the assistant does not retain the title outside of military service, even if they continue doing the same duties.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Gamiel likes this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    True but at the same time a jedi is a knight and nearly always on a mission. I think that's the reason why I was thinking that a Jedi's servant maybe should be called a batman

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    But those missions are not military ones. Nor is "Knight" within the Jedi Order, a military rank. It can be a rank or role within another military force, but for a Jedi, it is not. So, if the Jedi has not been enrolled in, seconded to, or otherwise made part of a military force' infrastructure, any assistant would not be a batman.

Granted that Luke Skywalker wasn't exactly au fait on things, but he resigned his commission as a Commander within the Rebel Alliance, and eventually became a jedi knight. Two separate things.

Gamiel likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Should the short-form for medical droid be: med.droid, med.-droid, med-droid, medroid, or something else?