main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Rise of the Next Generation: NJO AU

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by SkywalkerShine, May 2, 2018.

1. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Jaina caught Quorra's pause when answering Anakin's question...the younger woman was hedging with her answer. Quorra had clearly seen Jacen, but did not want to admit to it.

Jaina was about to ask but saw Tahiri's frown and felt a small ripple of shock. She was still trying to figure that out when she heard Tahiri mention something about being hungry and going for a snack. The blonde was clearly trying to get their new friend alone for some reason and she tried to catch Tahiri's eye. Unfortunately, Zekk chose that moment to step between her and Tahiri to get closer to the brunette singer. Shaking her head, Jaina instead decided to let the matter drop for the time being and left the group to search for her brother.

Whatever Tahiri had planned, Jaina was pretty sure she'd find out before too long.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Quorra Flanigan
    Forest clearing, Zonama Sekot

Quorra listened to Zekk's words as he spoke about Jak. But the more Zekk spoke with a grin, the more Quorra's cheeks became rosy. However, the young singer had to keep her ears open, that way she didn't look as if she were daydreaming. What she didn't know was that Jaina and Tahiri had a look of suspicion. She wondered if they knew anything about her secret as well. First Ziv, now Jacen. Who else? Sooner or later, Quorra would have to tell her friends, because she deeply cared for the Jedi.

"Hi! I was worried about you ... crazy thing just happened! The guy we nabbed had a detonator that was remotely triggered to ka-boom! Now we're gonna go scout out the ones who 'hired' him."

The brunette gasped softly with a genuine surprised look. "Seriously? Man... That is crazy." Before she could tell Zekk anything else, Tahiri intervened. Quorra also glanced at Jaina and smiled politely with a greeting nod.To her, Jaina was a strong young woman who wanted to only protect the ones she cared for. Same with all the Solo kids. For amazing siblings, she really admired them.

Tahiri then spoke. "Hello Quorra. All this action is making me hungry! Care to join me on the Jade Shadow for a snack?"

"Hey Tahiri! And yeah, that sounds great. Lead the way, my friend." Quorra smiled warmly and waited for Tahiri to walk with her towards the Jade Shadow.

Anakin glanced at Jaina with a quiet look. He felt that she was on her way to search for Jacen. At first, Anakin wanted to join his older sister. But since Tahiri and Quorra were going to have 'girl talk' or something, Anakin decided to stay and just chat with Zekk. He didn't want to leave his old friend by himself so he decided to give the tall, dark-haired man company. "So... Zekk? How've you been so far? With the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War, I feel that we all need a good rest..."

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @SiouxFan @Kaleesh-Cyborg

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri in Forest Clearing

Quorra pondered Tahiri's suggestion and then said:
    "Hey Tahiri! And yeah, that sounds great. Lead the way, my friend." She smiled warmly.

Tahiri glanced at Anakin who was watching his sister speculatively.

Tahiri decided to "break the ice" with a casual foray. "Quorra, how'd you get into the music business? Did you have formal lessons?"

IC: Zekk in the Clearing

Zekk watched as Tahiri and Quorra chatted and then as Anakin gazed momentarily at Jaina. Then Anakin seemed to come to a decision and said in a lighthearted tone:
    "So... Zekk? How've you been so far? With the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War, I feel that we all need a good rest..."

Zekk chuckled. "You can say that again! A very long rest, preferably on a planet with secluded beaches and time to just unwind!" Zekk especially thought it would be nice if Quorra were along to entertain them with her songs.
    TAG for @SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  4. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

Quorra thought about the blonde teenage girl's question. Music was a part of her life ever since she heard her father playing soft tunes on quetarra. It was a beautiful melody that resided in her heart from that quiet day...

"Well... My father inspired me to be a musician. I mostly learned the music part from him. But the singing part... I've gotta give credit to my mom. She had a beautiful voice that would put anyone's heart at ease." The mention of her deceased, adoptive parents almost brought tears in her eyes. But Quorra quickly dismissed the tears and cleared her throat with a smile.

"Anyway, long story short, I saved money to open up my own studio and became an independent singer and musician. I performed at clubs, weddings, and other events. I even did music videos as well." Quorra smiled over at Tahiri as they neared the Jade Shadow. It was refreshing to see that a Jedi likes her music. But what Quorra didn't know was that Tahiri had other questions that she had in mind. Questions that would later be a test of trust among her and her Jedi friends. But they could trust her since she wasn't evil or anything. They could. Right?

NPC: Anakin Solo

"You can say that again! A very long rest, preferably on a planet with secluded beaches and time to just unwind!"

Anakin chuckled heartily in agreement. "I know that's right!" After he breathed softly and smiled up at the blue sky, the young man asked, "So... What do ya think about Quorra? She seems like a really nice girl."

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

;)

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri with Quorra

"Well... My father inspired me to be a musician. I mostly learned the music part from him. But the singing part... I've gotta give credit to my mom. She had a beautiful voice that would put anyone's heart at ease."

Tahiri smiled with admiration. It must be wonderful to have a talent which enriched the lives of others!

Quorra's eyes misted as she spoke nostalgically.

"Anyway, long story short, I saved money to open up my own studio and became an independent singer and musician. I performed at clubs, weddings, and other events. I even did music videos as well."

They had neared the Jade Shadow.

Tahiri pressed the access switch to lower the boarding ramp.
    She wondered how she could bring up the trickier questions she had for Quorra. She asked herself: Should we include Jacen in this conversation? He certainly would understand anything the singer had to disclose, but at the same time, doing so might make Quorra feel cornered and unnecessarily uncomfortable.

Tahiri decided to let Quorra share whatever she wished while at the same time having Jacen oh-so-casually join them once the conversation was under way...

She took out plates of fudge from the cooling unit and started the caf maker to brewing.

IC: Zekk with Anakin

Anakin chuckled heartily in agreement at Zekk's enthusiasstic suggestion of a relaxing excursion. "I know that's right!"

After he breathed softly and smiled up at the blue sky, the young man asked,
    "So... What do ya think about Quorra? She seems like a really nice girl."

Zekk grinned, his green eyes sparkling. "Is it that obvious? She's talented, lovely, and warm-hearted..."

TAG: @SkywalkerShine & @SiouxFan

6. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Skamlös Krigare
    Zonama Sekot - dwelling place of Nokzen Ziv

Skamlös had watched Quorra leave and he knew she pitied his situation. It was nice to matter to someone and be seen as a life instead of a possession. While he hopes that perhaps they might meet again, he knows it is not likely. Most who have a run-in with Nokzen Ziv don't live to tell about it and if they do, they take great care to make sure a second run-in does not happen.

"Jag kommer inte att glömma dig, snäll en," he says softly in Kaleesh, looking in the direction in which Quorra had disappeared before heaving a sigh of resignation and returning to his duties.

He startles as a voice calls out to him. Not again. He could stand to take another beating if he becomes distracted a second time. He pauses briefly in his labor to look around for the source of the voice, but then quickly returns to sweeping to avoid being caught "idle" again by Nokzen Ziv.He growls softly as he catches sight of Jacen from the corner of his eye.

"My master is very busy," he replies, trying not to sound too annoyed, "Begone. You are trespassing."

He growls again as he goes about his business, more out of pain than anything else. Every movement hurts for days after being beaten. He wishes he could break free of all of this; the mindless labor; the lousy living conditions; Nokzen Ziv and his cursed whip. He tries to push these things from his mind and focus. Survival is what he must do. Escape is not a priority. He is in no condition to physically handle it at this point anyway.

OOC- My apologies for the delay.

Kaleesh dialog translation: "I will not forget you, kind one."

Tag: @SkywalkerShine @SouixFan

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    OOC--fixed this tag @SiouxFan [face_batting] @};-

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  8. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    "Trespassing?" Jacen replied good-naturedly as he approached. "We're on a sentient planet, all of us our trespassing."

Jacen used the Force to call one of the brooms leaning against the cabin to him. Grabbing the handle, he started sweeping the other side of the pad, being sure to keep the front door in view. As he worked, he sensed the older being's shock, but ignored it. "Fortunately..." he added conversationally, still sweeping as he continued to observe the area, "...I'm not busy a'tall."

As the Kaleesh continued to stare at him slack-jawed, Jacen reached out and sensed his sister nearby. Telling her to stay out of sight, he pressed on with his casual banter. "Interesting idea to set up a cabin out here in the tampasi like this. Most of Zonama's residence prefer the savanna, but it is too windy for my tastes."

Jacen paused for a moment, intent on sweeping a particularly stubborn leaf off the pad. "Although, living out here does create communication problems. I'd think you'd need a floating comm relay to get above the interference." He casually focused his attention on the Kaleesh as he said this, hoping for a reaction.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jaina was trying, without much success, to find her brother when she heard Jacen's voice 30 degrees to her left. She was too far to make out the words, but it was definitely his voice. She shook her head...What was he doing? Was he trying to get himself killed?

Changing directions, she heard someone's reply...something about trespassing. She'd made it to within 20 meters or so when she 'heard' Jacen tell her to stay put. Hiding behind a large shrub, she made sure to keep the cabin and her brother in sight...and was confused as to why he was sweeping a dirt pad. She was about to reply via their link when he continued talking to his new 'friend', "....you'd need a floating comm relay to get above the interference." Instantly, Jaina understood...Jacen assumed that the Kaleesh knew something about the plot.

@Kaleesh-Cyborg; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha;

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  9. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Skamlös Krigare

Skamlös takes a startled step back as this stranger openly calls a broom to his hand. Jedi powers! A growl rumbles softly in the Kaleesh's chest. He has never personally run into a Jedi before, but he knows his history and Jedi are not to be trusted, for they take sides with liars and oppressors. He narrows his eyes behind his bone mask suspiciously as Jacen takes to the pretense of helping him with his task and attempting to make small talk. Skamlös reaches out a thin but strong muscle-bound arm and seizes Jacen's broom to still his sweeping motion abruptly.

"You are not fooling me, Jedi," he growls dangerously, "I know your history or not a trustworthy one. Maybe to others it is, but not to my people. You would be wise to go now. You may not know or think it, but I am a bigger threat to you than my master."

He maintains his hold on the broom, glaring at Jacen in a territorial way, but he becomes visibly confused as he begins talking about communication issues and floating comms. What in the galaxy is he talking about? As a Kaleesh, Skamlös is limited in his knowledge and understanding of technology, even more so since he has spent his entire life as a slave with little to no exposure to such conveniences.

"Galna dåren!" he mutters under his breath, "What the heck are you talking about? Floating comms. What am I to make of that? You speak nonsense and gibberish. Go! Before I give you a permanent memory of our encounter."

OOC- Thanks for the tag fix @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Posting at 5am has its disadvantages. :p

Translation: "Crazy fool"

Tag: @SiouxFan

10. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Jacen is surprised by the animosity and anger coming from the Kaleesh, but tries not to show it. He hides his surprise further when the man grabs Jacen's broom

"I know your history." Well, that would explain the anger, Jacen muses, missing some of what the other man says. "...You may not know or think it, but I am a bigger threat to you than my master."

Unfortunately, Jacen has scant knowledge of what any Jedi might have done in times long past, but he does recognize bluster when he hears it. His mention of a master, though, is odd. The Kaleesh are a strong people, why would he be serving the Vong who Jacen knows is still in the small cabin. Ignoring the Kaleesh's response, he pries away his broom and continues sweeping, "Although, living out here does create communication problems. I'd think you'd need a floating comm relay to get above the interference."

The Kaleesh does not hide his confusion, and mutters something that Jacen can't quite make out, then answers. "What the heck are you talking about? Floating comms. What am I to make of that? You speak nonsense and gibberish. Go! Before I give you a permanent memory of our encounter."

Stopping his sweeping act, Jacen leans against the broom and takes a long look at the man. Taking a page from the 'Han Solo Book of Confrontations', he tries for the direct approach. "Look buddy, you might have been able to scare my friend Quorra with this act,..." He sees a flicker of recognition at his mention of the name, "....but you're not scaring me. I learned from the guy how learned from the guy who knocked the stuffing out of Grievous."

Jacen let that sink in a moment before continuing. "So can we drop the tough guy stuff? All I want to know is where you've got your repeater villip stashed so that I can get off this rock...." He winces inwardly at calling a living planet a 'rock' and knows that he'll be hearing from Sekot about this....and Danni, for that matter, "....and find out who's trying to kill my friends." Jacen holds up his hands, palms out, and lets the broom drop, "I just want to take a quick look at it, and then I'll be out of your hair." Jacen winces, belatedly remembering that Kaleesh don't have any hair. "Errr....Scalp."

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  11. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Inside the Jade Shadow, Forest clearing, Zonama Sekot

Sitting in the lounge area while Tahiri brewed caf, Quorra smiled timidly with her hands together on the table. She felt that the Jedi were very good people, especially all that they've went through. But now that the Yuuzhan Vong were defeated, Quorra felt at peace again. However, she still felt that devastation of her parent's death in her heart. It pained her to find out that the only people who truly loved her were dead. But Quorra had to stay strong for them, no matter what.

The young singer smiled up at Tahiri, wondering what her life was like. "So Tahiri. How do you like the Jedi Order so far?" Unbeknownst to Quorra, Tahiri had questions and thoughts of her own. But Tahiri wanted her friend to be comfortable to talk about anything that was on her mind.

Anakin smiled when he saw the older, young man's eyes sparkle with happiness and wonder. "Is it that obvious? She's talented, lovely, and warm-hearted..."

The young woman chuckled after listening to Zekk's thoughts about Quorra. "True. She is quite talented." Suddenly, Anakin raised his eyebrows and smiled brightly. "Oh man! Just think about it: What if she had us in one of her music videos? That would be cool, huh?! I could do some awesome dance moves in the background." Anakin laughed heartily. The thought of him dancing in a music video was pretty funny yet cool.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri, with Quorra Inside the Jade Shadow, Forest clearing, Zonama Sekot

Quorra asked:
    "So Tahiri. How do you like the Jedi Order so far?"

Tahiri poured generous mugs of steaming caf with dollops of milk stirred in and took a bite of a thick slice of fudge with caramel icing, then slid the platter over to Quorra.

"I cannot imagine a different life. We're not like the old Jedi Order where you're cloistered away in the Temple. We're free to be and live wherever we choose once we're trained enough to help and not harm. What was wonderfully a surprise was having my best childhood friend turn into the love of my life."

IC: Zekk, with Anakin, Forest clearing, Zonama Sekot

Zekk felt momentarily surprised at the warm enthuisiasm of his reply about Quorra, but he had meant every word. He thought his friend would tease him about it, but Anakin chuckled with genuine amusement and said:

"True. She is quite talented." He smiled brightly: "Oh man! Just think about it: What if she had us in one of her music videos? That would be cool, huh?! I could do some awesome dance moves in the background."

Anakin laughed heartily, and Zekk joined in, feeling grateful to his friend for lightening the somber mood from earlier in the day.
    It was a true gift of all the Solos to be able to be the "life of the party" whenever they were part of a gathering of friends.
    Thoughts of whatever future mission were temporarily pushed to the side, for a brief respite.

TAG: @SkywalkerShine

13. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Skamlös Krigare

Skamlös is not so easily persuaded to act peaceably. Kaleesh are born and bred to fight as it is and though he is not pleased to be under the rule of a slave master, he will sooner commit his loyalty to the Yuuzhan Vong than to be lured into any trap set by a Jedi. He growls again as Jacen mentions Grievous.

"Qymaen Jai Sheelal was legendary and a remarkable warrior," he snarls, "He was taken from us far too soon and cursed be the Jedi who took him from us, shooting down his shuttle when we were on the brink of ending the Huk War. I do not care who you know, nor do I fear you. The Jedi who killed Grievous was a coward who sabotaged his shuttle rather than face him in combat."

Clearly Skamlös and the rest of the people on Kalee know nothing of what really happened to Grievous. As far as they are concerned, he died in a shuttle crash and his body was never recovered, so Skamlös only sees this as another attempt of the Jedi to confuse him.

"I did not frighten Quorra," he replies, "I asked her to leave for her own safety. And I do not know what you are talking about with this repeater term you keep...repeating. I do not have one; I don't even know what it would look like if I did have one!"

Comically, as Jacen winces assuming Kaleesh don't have hair, Skamlös scratches his head in confusion and runs his hand through his own long brown hair in frustration. This Jedi is talking nonsense and he is beginning to wish he had a weapon to at least threaten him into leaving.

"I will be blunt with you, Jedi," he half growls, half sighs, "I do not like you; neither am I afraid of you. I want nothing to do with you and that is why I want you to leave. Your people did enough damage to my planet years ago and we still have not recovered. In fact, I have reason to believe that we probably never will, so deep is the damage the Jedi have done. Now go. I am not looking forward to suffering another beating because of a Jedi of all things. I have work to do and you are holding me up."

Tag: @SkywalkerShine @SiouxFan

14. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Jacen resisted the urge to throw up his hands in disgust with the other's reply...this was turning out to be like the argument he'd had with Ta'a Chume once about the Galactic Civil War: she continued to cling to the 'official' history she'd helped to write and deny the actual facts. Fortunately, the ability to sense his sister's growing amusement with his predicament kept him from trying to debate what was, clearly, an unwinnable argument.

"I asked her to leave for her own safety. And I do not know what you are talking about with this repeater term you keep...repeating. I do not have one; I don't even know what it would look like if I did have one!" The Kaleesh's joke almost made Jacen laugh, and he opened his mouth to interject..but the other man pressed on. "....Now go. I am not looking forward to suffering another beating because of a Jedi of all things. I have work to do and you are holding me up."

Jacen was still confused by how this man became afraid and a slave to someone...from what he knew of the Kaleesh, they were very tough and rarely surrendered. Through their link, Jaina sent the same confusion...there was obviously more to this story, but they just didn't have the time to figure it out.

"Well, I certainly don't want to get you in trouble." Jacen admitted, truthfully. Although, in truth, he couldn't really see what work still needed to be done: Jacen himself had done most of the sweeping, the firewood was already stacked by the cabin, and the Kaleesh clearly had no desire to go inside. Shrugging to himself, Jacen continued, "I promise not to get in your way...but I really do need to look around a bit."

With that, Jacen casually walked over the opposite corner of the property, ignoring the other man's displeasure. He searching the surrounding woods for any obvious signs of an antenna, knowing that Jaina was moving with him, keeping out of sight. After a couple of moments, Jacen saw...something. He wasn't sure what it was, but whatever it was was much too straight to be a tree. He shifted course to the left and was about to let Jaina know why, when the whole thing went to hell.

@SkywalkerShine; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @Kaleesh-Cyborg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  15. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

Quorra listened to Tahiri's words carefully, smiling and imagining what it would be like to be a Jedi.

"I cannot imagine a different life. We're not like the old Jedi Order where you're cloistered away in the Temple."

The Jedi Temple. What a sight that would have been. Quorra heard wonderful things about the old Temple on Yavin 4. But due to the devastating Yuuzhan Vong War, it was destroyed three years ago. In her heart, the Jedi always fascinated her, both from the old days and recently. The teachings, the stories, and the Force had the young woman in awe! Since her teenage years, Quorra always thought: What if she became the first Yuuzhan Vong Jedi? That would be awesome! Alas, due to her people's history of violence and fanatical beliefs, they were cut off from the Force. But now that most of her people were redeemed, perhaps there could be a way to learn about the Force and be connected to it.

Unbeknownst to Quorra, her friend Tahiri, who went through appalling experiment, was the one that would help the Vong regain the Force and become peaceful.

"We're free to be and live wherever we choose once we're trained enough to help and not harm. What was wonderfully a surprise was having my best childhood friend turn into the love of my life."

Falling in love. Something that the young singer always longed for. She was very happy to see that the Jedi could fall in love and be together. No worries, no secrets, and no criticism from others. Could love find her one day? Maybe. Just maybe. And who knows? That special guy could be close by. The ultimate question: Would he love her for her, even when she revealed herself to be a Yuuzhan Vong? Only time would tell...

Quorra brightly smiled after Tahiri was finished with her thoughts. "That's amazing, Tahiri. To be in love with someone from your childhood is a wonderful moment. And you guys went through so much. I deeply respect that. And from the bottom of my heart, I will always assist you and the Jedi. No matter what. Singer or not, I'm there for you guys," Quorra said with a cheerful wink.

After a brief genuine laughter with Zekk, Anakin sighed and laid his back against a nearby tree. "Wonder where Jaina and Jacen are. Oh yeah. Probably still looking for the culprit." Unknown to Anakin, that statement would come true.

NPC: Malev (Dark Jedi leader)

All of a sudden, a man shrouded in black cloak Force pushed Jacen back and walked out from the shadows from underneath the trees. He looked to be in his mid-30s with slicked, brown hair and icy blue eyes. Two other Dark Jedi, both being young and around Jacen's age, walked from behind the trees and stood side-by-side near their master. One was a male blonde and the other was a dark-haired woman. As they grinned mockingly at Jacen, the leader spoke.

"Hello, Jedi hero. I am Malev. And these are my apprentices, Nala and Jarvis. We've come to... make you an offer. An offer you'd best not refuse." Three, hulking Yuuzhan Vong warriors jumped down from the tree branches and stood behind the three Dark Jedi. "You either come with us quietly... or join your other friends that recently passed into the afterlife," he said, referring to some of the Jedi that Jak and his partner killed. Malev chuckled as he kept his icy blue eyes on Jacen.

From what he heard, this young man defeated the true cause of the Yuuzhan Vong War, Onimi. He could be proven useful due to his ultimate power. Malev could feel that Jacen was truly strong in the Force. If Jacen were to resist, the Dark Jedi would not hesitate to take him to their new leader. Dead or alive.

Malev glanced at Skamlös and pointed towards him. "You'd best stay out of this, Kaleesh slave. If I were you, I would run back inside with your master."

TAG: @SiouxFan and @Kaleesh-Cyborg

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri, with Quorra on Jade Shadow

Quorra smiled & observed warmly:
    "That's amazing, Tahiri. To be in love with someone from your childhood is a wonderful moment. And you guys went through so much. I deeply respect that. And from the bottom of my heart, I will always assist you and the Jedi. No matter what. Singer or not, I'm there for you guys." Quorra winked.

Tahiri was deeply moved. She felt that Quorra was a warm-hearted compassionate person, one who would be a lifelong loyal friend & valuable ally.

Suddenly, she felt an icy chill through the Force. What was that? Her danger sense prickled.

IC: Zekk with Anakin, Forest clearing, Zonama Sekot

Anakin mused aloud:
    "Wonder where Jaina and Jacen are. Oh yeah. Probably still looking for the culprit."

Zekk agreed wryly. "Yup. They always wind up in the thick of things, eventually." He suddenly felt a rush of menace coming from the general direction of where it seemed Jacen and Jaina had ventured. He glanced warily at Anakin. "Did you feel that?" He asked worriedly.

@SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine and SiouxFan like this.
  17. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Taken by surprise, Jacen still managed to roll with the Force shove and managed to unsling his carbine was he finished his roll. Popping to his feet, he pointed the carbine at the man doing the talking, taking a quick glance at the blonde man and tall brunette woman behind the leader. As he did, Jacen was not sure what made him more mad, the fact that this guy got the drop on him, or the fact that the three of them had gotten past the Navy cordon around Zonama.

"Hello Jedi hero. I am Malev...." Jacen tuned out the rest, his mind working overtime as three Vong dropped from the trees. This Malev character did not simply kill him out of hand, had not shown any weapons, and obviously knew who he was...so he was guessing that this was a kidnapping attempt. "Either you come with us quietly...." Yep, another kidnapping attempt. Jacen fought the urge to roll his eyes as he surveyed the six people beings in front of him, trying to decide who represented the biggest threat. The three humans did not worry Jacen overly much, but the Vong were a tougher nut to crack what with their living armor and size.

"You'd better stay out of this, Kaleesh slave..." Well, at least he knew that the three malcontents and their muscle were not working with the Kaleesh or his Vong master in the cabin. Knowing that his sister was probably training her blasters on the two Vong on the right, Jacen shifted his feet slightly to be able to take the one on the left, but still kept his carbine trained on the leader. In fairness, the carbine wasn't going to be of much use when things got hot, but it was too late to draw his lightsaber.

Realizing that this Malev had finally finished talking, Jacen returned his attention to the man, leveling his carbine at the others chest. "Malev...it was Malev, right?" Jacen asked as he kept his eyes moving to watch all six beings in front of him, catching the leaders frown. "Unless your offer involves a beach and a blonde in a silver bikini..." As he said this, memories of he and Danni on Mon Calamari popped into his head, "....I'm going to have to decline." Behind the leader, the brunette woman, Nala, he thought her name was, smirked at the comment.

"Here's my counter offer: because you didn't kill me, I'll return the favor. I'll let you and your five friends go back...to wherever it you came from...and this whole thing will just be our little secret." He raised his voice, "Isn't that right Jaina?"

Jaina came out of the woods on his right, her two blasters trained on the two Vong on the right. "That's right. We're pretty good at keeping secrets: no one has to know you were ever here."

@SkywalkerShine; @Kaleesh-Cyborg; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  18. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Skamlös Krigare

Skamlös is no less hostile to the Jedi trying to strike a deal with him. In fact, he looks like he just might be ready to pick a fight. Ordinarily, he might have summoned his master to take care of the situation, but with Nokzen Ziv asleep inside, the last thing the Kaleesh wants to do is wake him up and suffer the consequences.

"You are not looking around anywhere here," he growls, "You have no permission. You are trespassing and for your own sake I would leave and perhaps come back later when my master is in a better mind to deal with you."

He startles as Jacen is suddenly shoved back and none too gently as if by an unseen hand. Skamlös turns to see a whole group of trespassers emerging from the woods and none of them look to be the friendly sort. The Kaleesh grabs the nearest thing he can get his hands on to arm himself with--a broom--and glares at this new band of intruders.

"More blasted Jedi?" he spits in frustration, clearly no more afraid than he was when it was just himself and Jacen, "Are you bent on taking over everything now? Get out of here! All of you! If you want to squabble amongst yourselves, take it elsewhere. This is getting tiresome."

His eyes widen as yet another character comes out holding a blaster, this one clearly standing with the one called Jacen. What in the world is going on here? Then he realizes that this girl had been hiding in the bushes all along and he turns his anger toward Jacen once again.

"You sought to ambush me!" he growls in rage, "Stinking Jedi! History repeats itself! You betrayed Kalee ages ago and you would do the same to her people all these years later! And you expected me to trust you?"

Tag: @SkywalkerShine @SiouxFan

SiouxFan and SkywalkerShine like this.
  19. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    She would never admit it to her twin, of course, but Jaina was pretty impressed with the way Jacen had handled the obstinate Kaleesh. Jacen never lost his cool and managed to keep defusing a pretty hostile situation with grace and aplomb. If it were her talking to the Kaleesh, she would have just decked the guy. Smiling, she sent her brother that thought and could feel his mirth through their link.

Shadowing her brother's movements as he made his way to the other end of the clearing, Jaina kept out of sight and made a mental note to tell their mother of how Jacen let the Kaleeshi save face.

By now, Jacen was about 40 meters away and approaching a small copse of trees in the clearing when he made a course change to his left. She took her eye off her brother to find a route around a large shrub when she felt a flare of shock and heard a surprised shout come from her brother. Whipping her head around, she saw Jacen land on his back about 4 meters from where he had been standing and saw three people drop out of the trees, landing in a diamond formation. Instantly, her hand found her lightsaber in her leather flight jacket and took a step towards the three...but stopped. Looking closer, she saw that none of the three had weapons at the ready. Clearly, there was another level to this trap.

As Jacen finished his roll and brought his carbine to bear on the assumed leader, three Vong dropped out of the trees and formed the back row of the triangle. Jaina smiled a grim smile; now their trap had been sprung. Jaina removed her hand from her lighsaber and instead reached for the two blasters she had on each hip. Moving more to her right, she stayed out of sight and moved more behind the row of Vong...knowing that they represented the bigger threat.

"...Come with us quietly...." Really? Another kidnapping attempt? This made, what? 15? Jaina wasn't quite sure...they all started to blend together after a while. She was not sure if this band was after Jacen specifically or just any random Jedi they happened upon. Her guess was the latter, though, because they would have been more prepared if they had specifically targeted Jacen. Part of her just wanted to put her blasters away, sit down, and enjoy the show.

"Here's my counter offer: because you didn't kill me, I'll return the favor. I'll let you and your five friends go back...to wherever it you came from...and this whole thing will just be our little secret. Isn't that right, Jaina?" Once again, Jaina was impressed by the way Jacen offered an out. Knowing a cue when she heard one, she took a couple of steps out of the woods levelling a blaster at each of the two Vong on her left, knowing that Jacen had probably already targeted the other.

"That's right. We're pretty good at keeping secrets: no one has to know you were ever here." The two wannabe Jedi behind their 'leader' whipped their heads around in surprise. Apparently, they were told that this would be an easy 'snatch-and-grab' operation.

Further to her left, the Kaleesh started grousing again, "You sought to ambush me! Stinking Jedi! History repeats itself! You betrayed Kalee ages ago and you would do the same to her people all these years later! And you expected me to trust you?"

Fighting the urge to simply shoot him out of hand, Jaina had had enough of his belligerent comments. "Look dummkopf," She yelled, using one of her father's favorite epithets, "...the only person being ambushed was my brother. Do us all a favor and shut up."

Despite the situation, the blonde wannabe actually chuckled.

Turning her attention the leader of this motley sextet, Jaina continued. "I'm sure there is a really interesting story about who you answer to and why you're here...I'm just not in the mood to hear it. Leave now before you get hurt."

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  20. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

Quorra gazed at Tahiri as if her friend felt a sudden chill. The blonde's expression seemed very troubled as well. "Tahiri? Everything okay?" She stood up from the table and gently placed a hand on Tahiri's shoulder, her own expression filled with concern.

"Yup. They always wind up in the thick of things, eventually."
    Anakin grinned and nodded at Zekk's words. Wasn't that the truth? In their days as small children, many enemies attempted to kidnap the Solo children. From criminals to Dark Jedi, the kids had faced a lot in their lifetime. But now that they were older, Anakin felt that he, Jacen, and Jaina were strong enough to fend for themselves.

"Did you feel that?" Zekk asked with a worried look.

Anakin furrowed his eyebrows and nodded. "Yeah... I think Jaina and Jacen might be in trouble. C'mon!" With that, the young man ran off into the forest. He used the Force to sense where his older siblings might be.

Dwelling place of Nokzen Ziv, Zonama Sekot

"Malev...it was Malev, right?" Jacen asked as he kept his eyes moving to watch all six beings in front of him, catching the leaders frown. "Unless your offer involves a beach and a blonde in a silver bikini..." As he said this, memories of he and Danni on Mon Calamari popped into his head, "....I'm going to have to decline."

Upon hearing his other student, Nala, smirk at Jacen's witty comment, Malev raised his eyebrow at the young man with an unamused look.

"Here's my counter offer: because you didn't kill me, I'll return the favor. I'll let you and your five friends go back...to wherever it you came from...and this whole thing will just be our little secret." He raised his voice, "Isn't that right Jaina?"

"What?!" Malev said with a glare. Suddenly, a young woman around the same age as Jacen, popped out of the forest and stood beside the young man. Then it hit him. This was the infamous Jaina Solo! Grinning, Malev let out a loud laugh. "This is beautiful! Why capture one Solo when we have two? Two for the price of one! The one behind all of this will certainly be pleased."

He then turned to Skamlös, who looked very angry at the lot of them. "You sought to ambush me!" he growls in rage, "Stinking Jedi! History repeats itself! You betrayed Kalee ages ago and you would do the same to her people all these years later! And you expected me to trust you?"

Suddenly, Jaina intervened with annoyance in her voice. "Look dummkopf," She yelled, using one of her father's favorite epithets, "...the only person being ambushed was my brother. Do us all a favor and shut up." "I'm sure there is a really interesting story about who you answer to and why you're here...I'm just not in the mood to hear it. Leave now before you get hurt."
    Then the young woman turned back to the six warriors. "I'm sure there is a really interesting story about who you answer to and why you're here...I'm just not in the mood to hear it. Leave now before you get hurt."

Malev tsked at Jaina and shook his head. "You, unlike your brother, lack respect. Heh. And you call yourself a Jedi. As for you, my Kaleesh friend... these two are not your problem. We six on the other hand can do more damage. So for your own safety, go back inside and let us deal with these Jedi pests. Hm?"

He then signaled his three, huge Yuuzhan Vong guards to attack the twins. "Capture them. But no killing. The Solo twins must be kept alive. Right, carry on then." The trio pulled out their amphistaff and ran at Jacen and Jaina.

TAG: @SiouxFan @Kaleesh-Cyborg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri, with Quorra

Quorra gazed at Tahiri.
    "Tahiri? Everything okay?"
    She stood up from the table and gently placed a hand on Tahiri's shoulder, her expression filled with concern.

"I felt a flare of something ..." Tahiri answered. She probed along the bond she shared with Anakin. He too had felt something, from his siblings. Uh-oh. "We'd better see what's happening." She suggested.
    She put the plates in the cleaning unit and hurried down the ramp of the Jade Shadow and in the direction Zekk and Anakin had last been.

IC: Zekk, with Anakin

Zekk's question about an odd feeling coincided with Anakin's own sense of a menacing threat.

Anakin furrowed his eyebrows and nodded.
    "Yeah ... I think Jaina and Jacen might be in trouble. C'mon!"

Zekk thought ruefully: This is definitely turning into a nonstop action-packed day.
    He hurried after Anakin.

TAG: @SkywalkerShine

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  22. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Malev tsked and shook his head. "You, unlike your brother, lack respect...."

Jaina ignored the rest of whatever the man in front of her was saying and linked up with her brother. She could feel Jacen's grim sadness at what was coming...they both knew that they were going to have to fight these idiots. When does this war end?

I've got the guy on the left. Jacen sent, and Jaina gave him a barely perceptible nod. He was only going to get off one or two shots with his carbine before everyone got too close to use it, so she hoped he would make them count. If all six people attacked at once, this was going to get ugly. Fortunately, she knew that Anakin and Zekk could not be more than a couple of hundred yards away, so the two of them only had to survive a minute or so until reinforcements arrived.

"...The Solo twins must be kept alive. Right, carry...."

The three Yuuzhan Vong started to move forward, and whatever followed was lost as both Solo twins started firing. Jaina, in order to give herself more space, started back-pedaling and fired both her blasters at the two warriors advancing on her. She caught the one on the left in the shoulder, and the one on the right in one his hands, causing him to drop his amphistaff.

As she backpedaled, she saw Jacen out of the corner of her eye take a step forward before firing his carbine, catching the bigger warrior in the right knee, causing him to stumble. Jacen fired again, hitting the same knee, this time blowing through the light armor, taking the warrior's leg off at the knee. As the Vong started to fall, Jacen charged, whipping his rifle like a club and hitting the Vong square in the face with the butt of his rifle...knocking him out. Whipping the rifle around again, fired another round at the Vong Jaina had hit in the hands, hitting him in the back of the knee and dropping him. He growled something vulgar before Jacen clubbed him as well.

Able to concentrate fire on the remaining Vong, Jaina shot attacking Vong four times in the neck, killing him.

After sharing a look with her brother, she pointed her two blasters at Malev. "You were saying?"

23. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

Seeing the look on Tahiri's face worried the young woman. "I felt a flare of something ..." the blonde Jedi said. "We'd better see what's happening."

Quorra furrowed her eyebrows and nodded in agreement. "Right!" She ran down the Jade's Shadow's ramp and began to follow Tahiri. Whatever was going on, Quorra felt that she too had to do her part. She didn't know what was in store. But that didn't hinder the singer at all.

Finally, after going through the forest with Zekk, Anakin spotted his older siblings. The young man could see three, fallen Vongs and what appeared to be three humans. They definitely didn't look friendly. Anakin stepped up beside Jacen and folded his arms at the three individuals. "Aww c'mon. You guys started the party without me?" he asked, grinning towards Jacen and Jaina.

When the Yuuzhan Vong warriors were brought down by the Solo twins, Malev just stood there with a quiet glare on his face. The female Solo twin almost got under Malev's skin due to her cocky behavior. "You were saying?"

You could tell he was just irritated with the three, incompetent Vongs. As if this day couldn't get any worse, two more Jedi showed up. Suddenly, he just chuckled. "Ooh you Jedi. You sure know how to ruin a good show." Glancing at Anakin and Zekk, the Dark Jedi leader squinted his eyes at Zekk. "You seem familiar, boy..." Finally, it came to him. "Ah! Now I remember. Zekk. I've heard all about you. Weren't you the Darkest Knight before? Oh how the mighty have fallen." Nala and Jarvis laughed as they took out their lightsabers.

TAG: @SiouxFan @Kaleesh-Cyborg @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    OOC: Wonderfully done, SkywalkerShine =D=

IC: Tahiri and Quorra

Tahiri and Quorra made their way to where it turned out Jacen and Jaina had wound up. Tahiri admired Quorra's willingness to help out in whatever capacity.

She noticed Anakin and Zekk arriving also and felt a surge of relief as she simultaneously noticed the three dour-looking Humans.

IC: Zekk with Anakin etc.

Zekk felt a momentary shock at seeing three, fallen Vong warriors and what appeared to be three humans facing off against Jacen and Jaina.
    He stifled a chuckle as Anakin said offhandedly to his siblings:
    "Aww c'mon. You guys started the party without me?"

Then Zekk's attention was taken by the sneering comment of the hulking Humanoid:
    "Ooh you Jedi. You sure know how to ruin a good show. You seem familiar, boy... Ah! Now I remember. Zekk. I've heard all about you. Weren't you the Darkest Knight before? Oh how the mighty have fallen."
    His two accolytes laughed at his wit.

Zekk rolled his eyes.
    "Ancient history." He said coolly. "Wev'e come to even the odds." He said with a wink towards the Solos. "Although it looks like you were doing just fine without us."

@SkywalkerShine
    @SiouxFan
    :D

25. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Aww c'mon. You guys started the party without me?

Jaina gave Anakin a shrug, "Blame Mr. 'I-just-have-to-go-check-out-a-feeling' over there." She nodded at her twin, who just rolled his eyes.

"Oh, sure, blame the guy who gets ambushed." Jacen retorted, gesturing his carbine at the three pseudo-Jedi.

Jaina was about reply, when Zekk finally caught up with the group. She was a bit shocked by the look of recognition on Malev's face. You seem familiar, boy...Ah! Now I remember. Zekk. I've heard all about you. Weren't you the Darkest Knight before? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

The two acolytes laughed at the bad pun and it was Jaina's turn to roll her eyes. Ancient history. We've come to even the odds. Jaina found herself blushing a bit at his wink, but tried to hide it. That had been ages ago. Although it looks like you were doing just fine without us.

Jaina offered another shrug, "You can blame Mr. 'I-just-have-to-go-check-out-a-feeling' for that, too. I really didn't do all that much." she deadpanned, smiling at the nod of thanks Jacen gave her.

She turned her attention back to Malev, keeping one of her blasters trained on him, the other one the blonde...Jarvis, she thought his name was. Jacen still had his carbine trained on the brunette woman. "Let's try this again. We want to know who you're working for and then we want you off of this rock and out of this system."

She turned her head slightly to address the two apprentices, but kept her eyes on Malev. "Put those away." She nodded fractionally at their lightsabers. "This is not going to end well for you." She turned her attention back to Malev, but still was addressing the two behind him. "In fact, you might want to find a new mentor." She gave their leader a look of disdain, "This one isn't worth following."

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018