main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2018

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by he-guy, May 20, 2018.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Denver Comic Con is drawing near, June 15th - 17th, and sign-up to volunteer in the Star Wars Group areas has arrived.
    Here is the link:
    https://goo.gl/forms/3eggCCGP6s4XOaPp2

Unfortunately, table space is limited this year and we don't have a lot of space at our table, so you may have to volunteer for another part of the Star Wars Group Experience. Green Screen would be a good spot unless you wanted to be a costumed character or sit at another groups table. :p

Some highlights for RMFF at DCC will be:
    Trivia Panel (usually Friday)
    Make-A-Wish Auction (usually Saturday)

Another big highlight will be a group dinner Friday night at the Hard Rock Café. We've rented out a huge space (100+ people) so you can dine amongst your fellow Colorado Star Wars fans!

2. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Thank you for the update. :)

3. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Thanks Dale. Got a question. For the dinner, is it possible to bring kids? I'd like to bring my girlfriend and her daughter, but it only gives an option for 1 extra person....is that a strict limit?

4. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Good news everyone! We now have a 2nd seat per time slot, that's 14 new spots!... This means we need to get signed up (and paid) soon. This will come in handy to be able to promote the Make-A-Wish auction as well as our group and panels. :)

Sent from my Power Sword using The Force

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I'll look into this. It sounds like there has been a lot of interest with 75% of the tickets spoken for after just a couple days. I imagine when the payment info comes, they won't mind how many in each party.

corran_r9 likes this.
  6. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Okay, I never understand this thing. I fill out the entry form, but don't get taken to the spreadsheet. How do I get there?

7. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    I never remember it's an email and not an instant transfer.

corran_r9 and DieWompRatDie like this.
  8. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Some spots are still open! Sign up for two shifts and get a 3-day pass for only $60. That's a discount of $33.50! Use that money to buy something cool at the R2-KT auction!

he-guy and corran_r9 like this.
  9. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Me too...guess we're both nerfherders. :D

10. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Looks like it's still +1 per party, but if you give a name, one of them can be my +1. :)

Also, here is an update on the dinner:

The Star Wars Groups dinner will be held at the Hard Rock Cafe on 16th Street in downtown Denver at 7 PM on Friday June 15th.
    If you are interested in attending We will not be able to guarantee your attendance without your payment. We have space available now. We may fill up soon, So, please make your payment now.

We have our own space within the restaurant. Capacity is limited.
    Dinner is $30 per person. You may make an optional additional payment to cover the VIPs we have invited. There is no guarantee they will attend and your additional payment does not entitle you you to preferred seating. Please do not ask for photos or autographs of our guests. Any funds above costs will be donated to Make-A-Wish Colorado.
    Please send payment via PayPal as" friends and family" to:
    Austinpanic@gmail.com

Please list in the notes the names of the persons for whom you are paying.
    No Refunds, you may transfer your seat by sending an email from the account used in the PayPal transaction. All transfers must take place on or before Wednesday June 13th.

Thank you

Patrick Gillies
    Mountain Base CO
    Ge'tal Ram'ika
    CT-50187

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I know you all have been dying to see what the RMFF's panel schedule is, so here you go!

Friday, June 15: 5:30-6:30 pm - Star Wars Trivia/Game Show (Room 605)

Saturday, June 16: 11-11:50 am - Denver Public Library/RMFF presents: The Failure of Star Wars (Room 302)

Saturday, June 16: 5:30-7:30 - 11th Annual R2-KT auction benefiting Make-A-Wish Colorado (Mile High Ballroom DCCP6)

The DCC 2018 app is now available, so download it and add these to your schedule! I know I have...

12. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    Do we yet have any info on payment for exhibitor badges? I didnt see that anywhere.

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Yep, you can PayPal $60 per badge to the email at the top of the Sheet: tk4149 at comcast dot net (to confuse the email trolling bots).

he-guy likes this.
  14. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Just a reminder, if you have not yet paid for your badge, please do so by this Monday, June 11.

In regards to badge pickup, here is how it will work:

1. If you are helping with load in (Thursday starting at 3:00 pm), Jeff will have your badges.
    2. Scott will be at Stout St. Social (same place as last year) on the outside patio form 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm Thursday evening.
    3. Friday morning Scott will be at Entrance #3 and will hand them off to people from approximately 8:30 am to 10:00 am
    4. After that, you will need to contact your respective group leaders to arrange badge pick up.
    5. It is HIGHLY recommended you use option 1, 2, or 3 for your badge.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2018
  15. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    That's 6/11 June, if you pay in July you just might miss it.

Can't wait. You can always work more than 2 shifts. We have a lot of openings.

REMEMBER, IT'S FOR CHARITY AS WELL!!

he-guy likes this.
  16. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Haha, good catch. Won't do much good to pay after :D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Fixed!

18. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    This just in:

The last day to pay for Dinner is this Monday.

At this time you may invite and pay for more than one guest.

The Star Wars Groups dinner will be held at the Hard Rock Cafe on 16th Street in downtown Denver at 7 PM on Friday June 15th.
    If you are interested in attending We will not be able to guarantee your attendance without your payment. We have space available now. We may fill up soon, So, please make your payment now.

We have our own space within the restaurant. Capacity is limited.

Dinner is $30 per person. You may make an optional additional payment to cover the VIPs we have invited. There is no guarantee they will attend and your additional payment does not entitle you you to preferred seating. Please do not ask for photos or autographs of our guests. Any funds above costs will be donated to Make-A-Wish Colorado.
    Please send payment via PayPal as" friends and family" to:
    Austinpanic@gmail.com

Please list in the notes the names of the persons for whom you are paying.
    No Refunds, you may transfer your seat by sending an email from the account used in the PayPal transaction. All transfers must take place on or before Wednesday June 13th.

Thank you

Patrick Gillies
    Mountain Base CO
    Ge'tal Ram'ika
    CT-50187

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Sorry to miss the dinner. We'll be heading to pick up our boy Logan from the babysitter right after the trivia panel wraps up instead of going to the group dinner.

20. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Will there be a time and location to help set up for DCC in general or is it all the same 3 pm on Thursday?

21. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Set up for our table shouldn't be too extensive. I would think the auction items (if its the same grid thing as last year) would be added Friday morning. The other table items will just be a few trips from my car to bring in banners, tablecloths and table trivia prizes.

I would recommend to everyone able to get your badge Thursday night before the show so you don't have to worry about it Friday morning.

22. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    Yeah I'll be heading down there tomorrow late afternoon to get my badge from Scott, and Chris' badge from registration. Hopefully lines won't be a cluster on Friday again.

23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  25. Wes Thornton

Wes Thornton Jedi Padawan

Nov 22, 2017
    I plan on being there today with setup. Taking light rail down in the afternoon. Hope the lines aren’t horrible. Just hope they let us get swag bags at the same time...