main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo How many times have you seen Solo? How many times do you plan to see Solo?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Leoluca Randisi, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    How many times have you seen Solo How many times do you plan to see Solo? I have seen Solo Twice I would love to see it one more time but my sister and her kids are visiting from Maryland in a couple of Weeks and I want to see Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom so I don't know If I will get to see Solo again It will depend on how long Solo Is in the theater?

2. Darth_Tweakpiece

Darth_Tweakpiece Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    How many times have I seen Solo: 0

How many times do I plan to see Solo: 0

But that's PLAN to see...if I see it in some way, shape, or form down the road by being at the right place, at the right time (or wrong place at the right time depending on your point of view) I'll give it a cursory glance I suppose.

Sith-I-5 and castlecrasher2 like this.
  3. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    If we get more posts like this and they are the majority of the posts then I see why Its doing so bad at the box office, Star Wars fans that wont see a new star wars movie really is a shame. As long as I am able I will never miss a Star Wars movie at the theater they are my favorite movies!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  4. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Seen it twice, plan on seeing at least once more in a theater. Enjoyed it a lot!

Immortiss likes this.
  5. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Twice so far. Will probably see it at least two more times, maybe three.

6. Darth_Tweakpiece

Darth_Tweakpiece Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    @Leoluca Randisi Please don't get me wrong. I used to feel like you. I used to blindly throw my disposable income at anything Star Wars that I could get my hands on.

Events as recent as December 2018 have hardened my heart is all. No hard feelings to you. It's just the older one gets, one realizes the only way to affect real change is through the pocketbook of corporations.

They clamor for the almighty dollar. They can't have any of mine anymore is all. [face_peace]

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I've seen it three times. I'll probably see it a few more times before it leaves theaters.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  8. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Four times so far. Probably get one more viewing in too.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So far 2 times might see it two more times if I can.

10. castlecrasher2

castlecrasher2 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 31, 2018
    Zero, zero.

B99 likes this.
  11. Lord_Axle

Lord_Axle Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 1, 2002
    Seen once. Will wait for the DVD to see it again.

This should have been a poll ....

12. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I'll model what I thought might be a good idea.
    TFA: 2+1+1+1+1+1+1 = 8 unique tickets on my watch
    RO: 3+1+1 = 5 unique tickets on my watch
    TLJ: 2 unique tickets on my watch
    SOLO: 2 unique tickets SO FAR on my watch. I intend / hope to get one more BO ticket in.

13. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    A thread like this ought to discriminate between BO and home. Unmuddy the muddiness.

14. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    Lol why would you even be in this forum then?

TOASTEROVEN, Dr_Cthulhu and Bowen like this.
  15. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    To troll those who want to see it or have seen it. Just don't feed them.

I've seen solo twice. Going on Friday for a third.

For context -- I saw TFA 10x, TLJ 7x, Rogue One 5x

Going back further -- special editions -- 1x each (sad) and (maybe even sadder) -- TPM 20x, AOTC 10x, ROTS 5x

I guess I had more to do as I got older....

Bowen and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  16. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Once.

Here is my history and guess at future viewings for the films:

IV - countless times, several more to go
    V - countless times, several more to go
    VI - countless times, several more to go

I - probably 7 or 8, 1 or 2 to go
    II - probably 5 or 6, 1 or 2 to go
    III - probably 3, 3 or 4 to go

VII - 6 (5 in the theater), 3 or 4 to go
    VIII - 1, 2 or 3 to go

RO - 2, 1 to go?
    HS - 1, 2 or 3 to go

17. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    It's kind of heart breaking, but I'm not sure I'll see another SW film in the theater multiple times.

The first week TFA was out I saw it 5 times. I thought I had rekindled what I had with the OT, but it doesn't feel the same to me.

I still enjoy the movies, but it's different.

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Once. And once was good enough for me even though I enjoyed it for what it was. A fun popcorn movie.

19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    This thread is about how many times people want to or have seen Solo not about BO I was just surprised to see a star wars fan say they have no interest in seeing the film. Are we not on a Star Wars forum? If we did a poll how many people on here are not seeing solo I am sure there wouldn't be a lot of people not seeing it. The mentality of a star wars Fanboy to not want to see a star wars movie at least once is just weird to me. That Is unless you don't have the money to see it that I can understand.

Ody_Mandrell and Bowen like this.
  20. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Seen it twice both in 2D. I might try to see it again next weekend in 3D but if I can't find a convenient show then probably not.

21. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    Twice and I want to go at least once more

22. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    That’s the most narrow minded **** I’ve ever heard. As I’ve said in another thread why do people judge everything based on a couple of bad experiences? If you’ve been a SW for so many years why would you just suddenly turn your back on it now? For all you know the next movie could be better than you could’ve dreamed but since you’ve chosen to adopt this “Disney doesn’t deserve my money” bs mentally you won’t even give it a chance.

Just watch the damn movies and either hate or love them. There’s no need to be such a spoilt brat about it.

MaciekRS and Ody_Mandrell like this.
  23. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Just once.
    Just once.

24. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Once, which is how many times I'd seen Rogue One in theaters. In comparison, I saw The Force Awakens twice, and The Last Jedi three times. That's not to say I didn't like it; I did, a lot. I'm just not chomping at the bit to see it again as desperately as I was with Episodes VII or VIII. If my roommates get around to seeing it, I'll go with them. But if I'm being honest, there are other movies I want to see. Incredibles 2 comes out next weekend. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, which I'm not even that excited about but will likely see nevertheless, the weekend after. A few weeks later, Ant-Man and the Wasp. I want to try to see Hereditary in theaters, and that's this weekend. Then there's everything I have to do. I'll be out of town Sunday, and I have a wedding next week.

The May release date has genuinely impacted both my ability and willingness to see the film again, relative to TFA and TLJ, where I had absolute freedom to go whenever, with no other movies to look forward to for some time. I suspect, unless I end up disliking it, I'll end up seeing Episode IX more than once in theaters as well. Disney/Lucasfilm should stick with the December release dates whenever possible.

Enough. That's their decision, it's their time and money to do with as they wish, and it's none of your concern.

Sith-I-5 and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  25. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I've seen Solo twice, and definitely want to see it again!
    My Theatrical Viewing Count:
    IV: 4 + 2 Special Edition
    V: 3 + 1 Special Edition
    VI: 1
    I: 10
    II: 5
    III: 2...but not because I didn't like it!
    VII: 3
    VIII: 5
    R1: 2 + 1 IMAX
    Solo: 2
    Yeah I can't understand why Star Wars fans want to bring Star Wars down. I mean, Solo was fun!
    It's a common sentiment. I wish there were more of us to 'boost the numbers' so to speak.
    Depending on some factors, mainly due to the releases coming in the next few weeks, I'm wondering if we'll have a theatre to see Solo in! I hope the chains realize there are people that want to see it again.

TOASTEROVEN likes this.