main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Okay, who broke the boards?

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I too would like to know :eek: For me in the U.S. ET zone, lasted a little over 3 hours max. Started with a message that wouldn't load and then ack! couldn't get pages to load either. Now it's smooth as silk again. [face_shhh]

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That makes sense. Thanks.

pronker likes this.
  4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Is there a place to put / share your real name or at least your first name on your profile other than the "About You" section?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Doesn't look like it. You could put it as a status message, I guess. Or in your signature but then it will be on every post.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  6. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    Maybe I'm just too stupid to post, but anyway.

When I write a post the field to type in is somewhat lagging. I type but see the letters/words seconds later.

Is that a normal thing and you all have your tricks to post?

Thank you.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I have never had that problem. I have had letters not appear after I type them though.

Ash_Satine likes this.
  8. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    I found the problem. Apparently it was the spellcheck in my browser. Since I added English it's OK.
    Thank you anyway.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you to whomever sorted the BBCode horizontal rule, this week.

Great to have that back!

=D=

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Who broke the boards last night?

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not sure. They were down when I came online around 2 hours ago so I sent the SOS email. Looks like it might have been an issue with the server itself as opposed to SQL - Philip sent me a screen print of the console messages and they weren't SQL ones. If I hear anything I'll post it here.

pronker likes this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I hope the horizontal rule cure, is nothing to do with this.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Is it just me or does there seem to be more forum outages then before the upgrade?

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey, thanks for icing them is all I can say!!! I gave up at 11 hours outage and then the disappears from tapatalk on my phone!!! Feared my life was ver. Thank you

Sent from my data pad in my private quarters.

15. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

This guy. :p

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like the problem was caused by the server rebooting itself and having a corrupted kernel. Grahame had to sort that out.

17. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    I am unable to invite @BigAl6ft6 to a group PM. It gives me an error whenever I try to add him. We're supposed to be discussing our Forum Feud team.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    OK - he has his PM settings to only allow people he follows to initiate PMs with him. I've dropped him a PM to say you're trying to contact him about Forum Feud and asked him to either add you to his followed list or change his PM settings to Members Only and to let you know when it's done. (Admins can get past the restriction).

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    alrighty, hopefully that works. Hey, what can I say, I'm like Luke on Ach-To, I value my privacy! "Go away!!"

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So you'll force astral project yourself during Forum Feud and become invisible afterwards?

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    One can only hope!

pronker and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So over in the JCC, let's say I click on a filter like Arena. Then let's say I want to sort to see the reply count or view count for Arena threads. When I click on the Replies or Views, the filter disappears and it sorts on all filters.

23. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    All of my email notifications today have been delayed by approximately 30 to 40 minutes. What's going on? Tapatalk notifications are coming through instantly.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I didn't see any errors in the server log. Email server could be backlogged or acting up, but that isn't anything I can check. It could also be a problem with your email provider's servers as I haven't seen any other complaints so far.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  25. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Probably just backlogged. It cleared up a few hours after I posted that. It's Gmail, so if it was them, there would be other complaints. Thanks for checking anyway. :)

LAJ_FETT likes this.