main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The worry so far is it's going to be settlements and multiplayer

Which is all I HATE in videogames.

2. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    So, in the last 24 hours, I've received both the "Clear and Concise" (Your likes to messages ratio is at least 0.5) and "A New Hope" (Your content has been liked 1,977 times. Now go pick up some power converters from Tosche Station!) trophies. So, just a big "thank you" to all of you out there who think what I write here doesn't suck.

Senator Wan, Havac , Gamiel and 14 others like this.
  3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    The secret is going for the low hanging fruit, every time.

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Off Topic in the of topic thread but I Just read this and Iv gotta ask, why are you guys in the US doing this, your ahem “Leader” is literally putting you guys out of jobs and yet his being cheered by the guys who’ll be out of those jobs, I don’t get it [face_dunno]

Is this a sort of quasi Anakin, from my point of view my German car Employer is evil point of view thing [face_thinking]

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...impose-total-ban-on-luxury-german-cars-report

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    This is awesome.

I agree with it 100%

6. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    KYLO REN The YouTube React Channel: The Movie - A Star Wars Story

7. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    This is some fascinating concept art - I wish the hair at least had survived into the real film.

Gamiel, Amon_Amarth and Kylun like this.
  8. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Eh, I think the Padme-Leia parallels are a bit to obvious with that concept art. Besides I think that red, big haired outfit she first appears in is pretty iconic (or at the very least, it appeared in all the promotional material for TPM).

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Am I the only one who can't see it?

10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, I'd consider that outfit iconic. Not as iconic as the classic Leia hairbuns, but...the prequel version of it, anyway.

JediBatman likes this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm so going to bring those to a party and not say anything.

starfish likes this.
  14. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Those are super cute but make my teeth hurt to look at.

I see "Bantha Burgers and Blue Milk Buns". COME ON. So close to Bantha Breakfast Biscuits. And if you're going to dye something blue, make it the Biscuit Baron signature blue sauce.

Trip at Wookieepedia, whoever and wherever you are, bless you for making vector art of SW logos. Just look at this beauty:

[​IMG]

Just when I thought I couldn't take Orman any less seriously, he makes himself a fast food mascot. [face_plain] HAVE SOME SELF-RESPECT. Or keep your face on it, since you wanna act a clown like Ronald McDonald. And is that Comic Sans? I hope Silas changed the menu to offer nothing but food paste when you weren't looking.

You'd think I of all people would love this stupid thing but RRRRRRR (deep down I do)

15. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I'm pretty sure Wookieepedia's Trip is our @Trip .

And even better than food paste, the restaurant serves delicious food that, under the right (wrong?) circumstances, will eat you.

EDIT: Which you make reference to in your original post. Oh well. I'm leaving the link, because everyone should experience the wonder and glory of the Giant Amorphous Bantha Breakfast Biscuit.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    cthugha and Senpezeco like this.
  16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Will any Lit-folk be attending Celebration Chicago next year?

JediBatman likes this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    No, because once again, it's during the annual Archaeology Society meetings.

If you ever read The Call of Cthulhu, the events that lead to the search for Cthulhu begin at the same annual meeting.

It's of dire importance that I attend, because otherwise I won't hear the latest gossip about what latest cursed artifacts and lost continents people have been finding. I swear they keep scheduling these Star Wars conferences on purpose because they don't want the nerds to know the Truth. It's just a distraction.

18. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Too soon to say. I haven't missed a domestic one since I went to Celebration IV, but it's very dependent on what my economic situation looks like in the coming months.

But if you don't go to Celebration, you won't hear the latest gossip about what latest Separatist holdouts and lost Muuns Lucasfilm will be sprinkling into new material! Okay, I guess that's less likely than cursed artifacts and lost continents.

Seriously, getting to see my favorite fellow fans is one of my favorite things about Celebration, and you again not being there is a loss.

JediBatman and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  19. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Surely Dr. Aphra could provide both a) gossip, b) cursed artefacts.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    JediBatman and Jedi Ben like this.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'll be there.

JediBatman and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Alas, the two conventions have been eerily scheduling themselves on the same 4 days the last few times. They both seem insistent on April.

Actually -- I wonder why the month of April has been so popular for the US Celebrations? Is it a budget reason? I can't see a good argument for it having to do with the release schedule. Unless it's one of those cases where they decided a while back to set the month as April and never change.

22. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Celebration organizing works in mysterious ways.

It'll be my first US Celebration, and I'm looking forward to hopefully more EU content. Orlando had Tim Zahn and a strong Del Rey presence, whereas we had no book/comic panels in London (apart from DK). There were only accompanying Bloodline posters that were gone on the morning of the 1st day.

23. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I'll be at Celebration all 5 days

and my oft-threatened but never attempted Waru costume might become a reality

24. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
  25. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    We're in the midst of a three-week visit to Guatemala to visit my in-laws... suffice to say that it was a hell of a time to visit. Thankfully my partner's family are all in Guatemala City so we just got a couple brief falls of ash, but we were planning to go west for a few days... if we had left a day later we would have been right in the middle of the eruption, so thank goodness for small things. Yikes.

Speaking of archeology and Cthulhu, the book Spooky Archaeology is coming out from the University of New Mexico Press next week, and has a chapter on how Lovecraft got inspiration for the Necronomicon from contemporary reporting on the 'Curse of King Tut.' Jason Colavito has a review of the chapter here. I'm itching to get my hands on it when I get back home... I have an article in the reviewer feedback stage on Lovecraft and colonial archaeology, and my current monograph has a lot on pseudoarchaeology in general, and on Great Zimbabwe specifically, including a concluding chapter tracing the Lizard People conspiracy theory to Willy Ley's 1940s claims that the Ishtar Gate in Babylon depicts a dragon from the Book of Daniel, brought from Central Africa by King Solomon along with his gold from 'Ophir' (Great Zimbabwe).