main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

That's how I was when the latest trailer of Into the Spider-verse ended. I love the artwork in the animation. It's so beautiful to look at. Seriously, I could just watch the trailer for the artwork along. That's not even mentioning the moment and motion of the scenery and characters; so fluid and bright. And the soundtrack was sweet and matches the hip vibe of the trailer. Peter is older than I expected and I love the reveal at the end of the trailer.

Sooooooooooo good!

I'm hyped for this film.

Gamiel, cubman987 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    It really does look very good. I'm on board.

cubman987 likes this.
  3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4633694/

And here is the cast list.

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    We were talking about Black and Silver.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4132878/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Sweet, Spider-Gwen! And lots of other Spider-people. And I loved the animation style, it actually looked something, shockingly, different from the Pixar/Disney "house style" animation that most mainstream North American animated films have done.

As for Silver and Black, doesn't look like it's cancelled but looks more like it's Back to Square One, per the director

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/silver-black-director-drawing-board/

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime and Ghost like this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah that's what I thought.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The animation style, I must echo, is really fantastic here. I love the almost stop-motion frame rate, as well as the blended comic art flashes.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    from Deadline.com
    Sony & Amy Pascal Developing Marvel Comic ‘Silk’, About Korean-American Superhero
    [​IMG]

Gamiel likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Far from Home: Peter gets undusted on Titan but everyone has already split so he spends the entire movie hitchhiking across the galaxy. Always know where your towel is, Parker

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I'm so hopping for appearances and speaking rolls for SP//er, Spider-Punk, Spider-UK, and the other not-Gwen or Peter based female Spider totems

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I would love to see Spider-Ham/Peter Porker. It would be a good point of introduction for Silk as well as Spider-Man 2099. There's so much to play with here. However, I do want the story to focus on Miles. I'm wondering if the Spider-Man in Miles' universe is dead or if there never was such a person. From the trailer, I'm gathering Peter Parker does not exist in Miles' universe.

That's an interesting title for the sequel, and currently very appropriate. But I was thinking the subtitle would be "Brand New Day" even though I hated the reason for the comic book to go that route.

[​IMG]

Rumors are Spidey gets a new suit for the sequel. Perhaps a symbiotic suit?

Gamiel and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    My impression from the trailer was that Miles' Earth's Spider-Man is dead when he meats the Peter Parker we see train him.

13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Dead Parker is a legit part of Miles origin story and the original Spider-Men crossover was about Parker ending up in Miles universe and the emotional / universe turmoil it caused. Although I COULD See this is a take where there was no Peter Parker in Miles' universe but that would lessen the emotional connection and also even if Peter simply "retired" in Miles' verse.

Still you would have to establish that Miles' universe Parker is dead, which is a bit of start of the movie heavy lifting. Also if we ever get Miles Morales Spider-Man in the MCU, what do you do about Peter from the MCU?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, you guys are probably right now that I start remember parts of the trailer, which featured Miles wearing a Halloween-like Spider-Man costume when he's in training.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    @Sith_Sensei__Prime rumours are that he gets a new suit in the sequel to Homecoming? Isn’t that a certainty as everyone gets a new suit in every MCU film? Often within the same film. The wasp is even getting one, even though the original was only in a stinger.

(Hmmm, now I’m wondering if Ant Man has got a new one...)

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I didn't think about that. I was going to say War Machine, Falcon and Vision, but War Machine became the Iron Patriot, Falcon got the upgrade with Redbird and Vision went full on Paul Bettany. Although, I read recently that Elisabeth Olsen feels like her costume is out dated, in that, she's the only female hero bearing cleavage. Ant-Man did get a new suit in Captain America: Civil War; well at least a new helmet.

More news from Sony's Spider-verse films.

Jared Leto to Star in Sony Spider-Man Title 'Morbius,' Daniel Espinosa to Direct
    Fan made art:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  17. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    In Far From Home news, they have shots scheduled for London, NY City, Venice, and Prague. And as a heads up some may want to start avoiding production news on this one (I probably will myself from here on out). Some of the cast listings are a little suggestive of potential outcomes of A4.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    PCCViking and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Maybe not the the place to ask this but can anybody tell me what kind of personality and/or personal interests Miles Morales has? I have no other impression of him more than "nice kid" and "nervous about being a legacy hero".

Also, the same question regarding Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Given his name, I’m going to assume he’s an illegal immigrant, therefore a rapist and murderer, sucking at America’s teet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2018
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    nice kid nervous about living up to a legacy is a solid one. But he definitely has others. "Ned" from Homecoming is almost pretty much Ganke note for note (so much so that at one point in the book Ganke started calling himself "Ned" as an alias). Also Miles has more of a larger family dynamic than Peter inasmuch that his parents are around (well the mom was dead for a bit but she got better in a universe reboot). Probably the most interesting thing they can do is if they go into Miles' relationship with his Uncle, who was played by Donald Glover in his Homecoming bit. Since they cast Glover, it seems like they're calling their shot to get into that eventually.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime and Gamiel like this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So, the Venom "costume" didn't look good on my computer screen, but when I saw the trailer on the big screen, it looked better than I remembered. Sony will be bringing supposedly the cast and some new footage to Hall H at SDCC in about two weeks. Hopefully, there will be more footage of Venom. I don't need to see the villain of the film, but more looks at Venom would be nice.

In other Spidey news...

[​IMG]

Cage will be voicing...
    Spider-Man Noir.

I heard Frosty from Collider.com say he spoke to some people that have seen Into the Spider-Verse and had really good reactions and have said the film makes really great use of 3D effects and recommends people to see in that format. Which make me wonder if the film will get some Oscar buzz.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    All those things is his realtionship with other people.

What dose he like/dislike? What quirks dose he have? What is he good/bad at?

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Like Parker he's a super-genius but unlike Parker stuck at mid-town high school, Miles is at a super special gifted kids dormitory and Ned is his roommate. At first he doesn't make with the quips as much as Parker but he gets into it later cuz he's Spider-Man

Anyway, I kinda love that they got Nicolas Cage for the character he's playing, he can growl, perfect fit.

Gamiel likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That still don't really give him much of personality beside nice, smart kid they way you describe him. Do he have any interests? I know Ned like LEGO, do he share that interest?

Tell that to Miguel O'Hara