main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    "Med droid" or "med-droid" is what I've typically seen. It's kind of up to you if you want to use the hyphen or not, but I definitely wouldn't use the period for this sort of thing.

Ewok Poet, Gamiel and Tarsier like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_party]

3 questions:

1) I am going to do a NSW drabble thread using prompts from 3 UDC series. I adore the word miniatures [face_batting] but I wanted a catchy synonym please to use in the title instead? @};-

2) I'm going to be starting a long-fic soonish where Legends characters will be included. I want them to face a menace that isn't your typical Darthy one. I was leaning more towards pirates/slavers... Any suggestions of any of those that would be active post ROTJ?

3) With loving gratitude if allowed to borrow @Raissa Baiard's second generation LOL of Kanan and Hera's teens, ;) I wanted to include them on the adventure with suitable Jedi Mentors. :D :)

So I'd want them to be 17-19ish, no younger than 15 standard years. :cool:

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  3. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  4. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Haha, it took the hiatus on the boards today to bring up on the mental screen:

1)How fun to do a drabble series[face_alien] - words like miniatures? Cameos, thumbnails … if ever I drabble a thread, it's going to be Niblets of Corn.

2)Blazing Chain sounded interesting from a certain point of view … [face_devil]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, @pronker -- thanks. I'll definitely keep cameos as a strong possibility. :D

pronker likes this.
  6. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    YW. The pirates thing sounded neat because of them using the Force in gray-ish ways. Happy writing!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Hmmm...I suddenly have this idea that I should write a couple of characters off my ongoing series and just not have them appear after a certain point, because it slightly hurts to have them around. But at the same time, I had a plot bunny featuring literally nobody but them and they're vital to the plot.

These characters were loosely based on some people and then, just like it happens in all other cases, they took a different route and are now legitimate folks of their own. So, what remained behind are only face claims.

Perhaps I should just shut up and continue. #eprambleson

Snocone likes this.
  8. Snocone

Snocone Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 14, 2015
    Might anyone be able to tell me of a tall, willowy race in the SW universe besides Kaminoans?

Thanks in advance.

9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I wonder if the Omwati would fit the bill? According to their Wook entry, they range from 1.6 m to 2.1 m on average, which I guess is semi-tall—but they're definitely slender and willowy, especially the females. They've got avian characteristics too.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    how tall is tall?

going past 2m and not that broad are quermians, ho'din, frozian, blood carvers, anx (probably the tallest I know of with an average of 4m), amanin, and wookiees (who are not actually that broad as we often think them, if maybe not exactly willowy)

EDIT: also if you don't have anything against fanon species so are the Aihai gaunt and usually between 2.10-2.50m tall

to me "1.6 m to 2.1 m on average" just say that they are around average human size

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Snocone and pronker like this.
  11. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Tall and willowy make me think of the angels of Iego: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Diathim

Snocone likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we know of any gand religius titles, beside Findsmen I mean.

Calling @Findswoman

13. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    @Gamiel, in my Gand stories I have a whole Findsman hierarchy that includes things like Findsmasters/Findsladies, elders, and of course the ruetsavii (though of course any high-ranking Findsmen can be asked to serve as ruetsavii, as called for by the elders); hope that might help at least to start.

Ewok Poet and Gamiel like this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was more thinking of religius titels , jobbs or semilar outside of the Findsmen hierarchy

15. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Hello all is there a spandex or other active undergarment equivalent in the gffa?

pronker likes this.
  16. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
  17. Snocone

Snocone Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 14, 2015
    pronker and Findswoman like this.
  18. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    If you’re looking for a name of a similar fabric, there’s something called “elastex” listed in the Wook’ Fabrics and Textiles category

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  19. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Thanks, @pronker and @Raissa Baiard! Elastex, whether using with its original context or not, sounds the best.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    pronker, Ewok Poet and Raissa Baiard like this.
  20. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Whatever Yarael Poof is.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do anybody here know Nepalese? I was thinking of getting a sentence translated

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  22. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  23. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    There's always Google Translate?

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't trust Google Translate, I have seen it do wrong to often.

25. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Master star 2

May 12, 2018
    I’ve started writing a tale involving Grievous and Dooku during the early clone wars