main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Bend over, put your head between your knees and kiss your shebs goodbye? :p

Really, that's an issue for the tech thread in comms not here. This is more for random questions regarding Star Wars or the community.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Ava G. likes this.
  2. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    http://billyjensen.com/finding-boshek/
    This fellow had mentioned looking into a few years back. He was the one who identified who Boshek was so it's an even bet he may have some success

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    @Ava G. - If you get logged out you can use the 'Forgot Password' function. Use your account's email address, not your username. You should get an email address with instructions.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Bardan_Jusik and Ava G. like this.
  4. Trooper- DC195

Trooper- DC195 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2018
    I have a question,
    Darth Maul, Now i seen most of the Clone Wars episodes i think, where his brother shows up Savage Opress, but i have not seen many of the Rebels Tv Series, ?
    Can any one tell me within the canon at the moment, is Darth Maul still alive, or been killed ?

5. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006

6. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Hey guys, what's the best Podcast between Full Of Sith and Force Cast? Thanks!

7. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Bummer.

8. AlexBattleR

AlexBattleR Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2018
    Tell me please when there will be a new story, just tired of hearing and watching that all the star wars revolve around the plot of 30 years ago and Darth Vader. Now Han Solo, who was killed by his son for a long time and we need to watch his youth !?

9. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    Patience Padawan...

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2397631/rian-johnsons-goal-for-his-new-star-wars-trilogy

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/...-new-films-david-benioff-db-weiss-1202689489/

AlexBattleR and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  10. AlexBattleR

AlexBattleR Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2018
    I understand that after the release of the 9th part of Rian Johnson begins work on the next trilogy, how do you think that will be in the new story?

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    There is actually an entire thread dedicated to the RJ trilogy here where that can be discussed.

12. Kalais

Kalais Jedi Knight

Sep 26, 2010
    Bardan Edit: The answer to your question is we don't allow soliciting on the forums. Links in signatures are fine, but no posts asking for money/followers and the like.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2018
  13. Kalais

Kalais Jedi Knight

Sep 26, 2010
    Bardan Edit: And again the answer to your question is that we don't allow solicitation on these forums (i.e. advertising/"letting people know" about your fanfilms). The link in your signature should suffice.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2018
  14. Gonk Droid

Gonk Droid Jedi Knight star 1

May 7, 2017
    Can someone point me to a thread that explains why the TLJ Star Wars font was red.

Have searched but couldn't find it!

15. CHRIS SIMPSON

CHRIS SIMPSON Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2019
    I am Trying to remember the name of a young Hutt that walked around that was on either The Cone Wars or on Rebels. I think he was a relative of Jaba. Anyone remember him?

Thanks in advance.

16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  17. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    Is it possible on this forum to change my settings so that signatures under the avatar were "Sith", not "Jedi"? I don't want to be a Jedi. On the non-English JediCouncil forum I am Master Sith. Can I do that here too? Not a Jedi Padawan, but Sith Apprentice. :)

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That's really a question better asked in the Communications Forum rather than here. This thread is more for random questions regarding Star Wars in general or the SWC in particular. However, I do believe the short answer to your question to be; No, but don't quote me on that.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  19. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Is there sound in space in-universe? Obviously the movies show sound in space, but is that just for the benefit of the audience? Does Anakin actually hear those laser bolts flying past him during the Battle of Coruscant?

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If there was sound in space in-universe we would have heard something when the Holdo Maneuver was performed in TLJ. I think the sound is there for the benefit of the audience.

21. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    nope. One can't hear sounds in space. This is explained in the original novelization

His [Vaders] ship slammed into the gun bubble and the transport, the inability of the vacuum to transmit sound causing the collision to occur in eerie silence. Fire flared for a moment, but only a moment before the vacuum extinguished it.

darthhelinith and Alpha-Red like this.
  22. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    You are a fount of obscure knowledge [face_laugh]

23. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Does Snap know his X-Wing was tracked by the First Order from Starkiller Base?

24. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    So this is a quote that is attributed to Yoda

"Named must your fear be, before banish it you can".

It was suggested it came from ESB, but I'm pretty sure that's not correct. The only place in the movies it would seem to fit would be ROTS but even when Yoda is speaking to Anakin, about his nightmares I do t recall that quote, at least not from the movie.

Could it be from an episode of TCW?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's from the ROTS novelisation.

"Understand exactly where your concern lies, I do not." Yoda's green eyes had gone softly sympathetic. "Named your fear must be, before banish it you can. Do you fear that perform his task, he cannot?"
    "Oh, no. That's not it at all. I am firmly convinced that Anakin can do anything. Except betray a friend. What we have done to him today ..."
    "But that is what Jedi are," Mace Windu said. "That is what we have pledged ourselves to: selfless service -"
    Obi-Wan turned to stare once more toward the assault ships that would carry Yoda and the clone battalions to Kashyyyk, but he could see only Anakin's face.
    If he asked me to spy on you, do you think I would do it?
    "Yes, he said slowly. "That's why I don't think he will ever trust us again."
    He found his eyes turning unaccountably hot, and his vision swam with unshed tears.
    "And I'm not entirely sure he should."

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    FlashDriver and Roosterq like this.