main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm sorry about your colleague. :(

Riding on the streets here in the city used to be a huge issue. But in the last couple of years, we got many new bike tracks and a law that protects us. When I rode as a teenager, there was only one in my area and at some point, it'd just stop. Now it reaches to the island, around it and back, and you have the options to continue over the most beautiful bridge to the other side of the city as well.

But not many people on the hilliest of these three banks, where I live, ride. They just can't work the numerous hills. The Šumadija bank is hilly, the Srem and Banat ones are completely, completely flat.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    AzureAngel2, Kahara and mavjade like this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Where is everyone? O_O

I'm seeing my doctor today. If she goes on about how "sped up" I am and other things that she wants to see that nobody else, including psychologists, see...it's a goodbye.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've been getting slammed at work. It started off like it was going to be a nice shift tonight aaaandddd then things went downhill. But it could be worse, I'm getting a break and that doesn't always happen, so I'm happy.

I hope your appointment goes well!

AzureAngel2 and Mistress_Renata like this.
  4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Been busy at work, too. I saw Solo Monday. Flippin' loved it. :D

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Ewok Poet -- best of luck with the appointment [face_praying] @};-

(I'm still LOLing over Raissa's latest Rebels romp!) [face_mischief] :D

6. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I don't know if you guys heard that Anthony Bourdain died. I read it right before I left from work this morning (and said a not very nice word right in the middle of our department [face_blush]) went to sleep, kinda forgot, then saw it all over Facebook and was upset about it all over again. It hit me harder than I expected. I've liked him for a long time, since I read Kitchen Confidential years ago and learned that no, I don't want to be a chef even though it sometimes sounded kinda cool. But it gave me a new respect for people who work in the food industry and just how hard it can be.
    But then watching his shows, how he rarely went to the flashy places, he wanted to learn not just food, but culture, so he'd go to the mom and pop places, the street food, etc. He'd sit down and have a conversation with people and learn who they were in the universal language of food. He was unapologetically himself and was pretty open about his demons which I always admired.

Basically, that was a long way of saying I'm pretty sad today. :(

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I know I was shocked by his death, @mavjade.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    The appointment went well. Both the doctor and I had bouts of allergy, which resulted in my being calm and her not being aggressive. She asked me if I'm okay with twice as little fluoxetine as before and I said yes. I told her that mom calmed down a bit and that I have some good leads, that the conference is around the corner and that I can't wait. I also told her that I was missing my crush and that I might see him in a couple of days. She did not mention antipsychotics or anything as ridiculous as that and booked an appointment for late July.

Also - I think I'll have GOOD news later today (Sunday). [face_dancing]

9. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    [face_whistling] OMG today I set my feet on the scale for the first time in 6 months or so. Disaster! Absolutely disaster. 5 kgs up, and already by then I was 5 kgs above what I should be. This is embarrassing, annoying, disasterous and maybe also a small personal catastrophe. Arrrrrgh!!! I know it doesn't count when one looks at the important things in life, but to me it's not fun as I am about to regain the kgs I lost 4 years ago, and managed to keep right for 3 years without much trouble. :_|

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Mistress_Renata and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Losing weight takes time, @CaraJinn dear.

This is why the man who wants to donate a kidney to my husband still is on a strict diet. He was 20 kilogram overweight. Now he still has to lose 5 or even less before the hospital can go on with further checks.

As for myself, I am overweight, because this is all to much for me at times. In the beginning my chronological gastritis made me lose 6 kilogram, but now they are back again. I did not even change eating patterns that overly much, because most stuff still upsets my stomach. But the high stress level at work and in private make me put on weight again.

Anyway, we have nicely sorted out the mountain of boxes the Fresenius Institute delivered to us (= 14 boxes with bags of dialysate, 2 boxes with emergency supply, 2 huge boxes with medical supplies). We also squeezed the medical table with a catheter holder, the scales, the plate to warm up the bags and the catheter holder on wheels in.

Next week the PD training (= peritoneal dialysis) can begin and while my husband will need to figure out things for himself, I can hopefully return to work. It sucks to be ill at home with fever when the temperatures are 31 degrees Celsius. I also hate to have a badly inflamed larynx.

There is too much to do for me since my father´s death and other dramas - some bigger some smaller - within my various circle of friends.

11. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    I know. 4 years ago I lost 15 kgs. It took me about 9 months. At that time it wasn't too difficult, no more yoghurt with müsli and no more soda with sugar except one bottle during weekend. Then I managed to keep weight stable for 3 years and a year ago it started escalating slowly again But I hadn't time to focus on it because last year my mother went in and out of hospitals with cancer and additionally I had the before mentioned working hours from hell. So...this is going to be interesting.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I had the weirdest dream. I was in a foreign Asian country touring some tourist site of an ancient battleground. And one of the guides as wearing a Mara Jade kickboxing T-shift. It had a drawing of Mara on it doing a high kick. Weird.

13. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Yay, I have been promoted from "padawan" to "knight". *Dancing happy dance *[face_dancing]

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Try to keep strong, @CaraJinn, even though sugar promises moments of happiness. But those moments are short lived. Now that fanfic writing and fanart do not do the trick either, I need to seek out other fountains of happy thoughts.

Lady_Misty and DarthUncle like this.
  15. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    The Battle of the Bulge is unending and it's harder as you get older. About 8 years ago, I was doing Weight Watchers & doing really well... then I had to have gall bladder surgery & went on anti-depressants and it all went to pot. I am sympathetic and totally cheering you on.

As for me, I woke up to the soft sound of a fountain (barely distinguishable over the howls of a hungry cat). Got to the kitchen, and discovered that there was a waterfall coming from the bottom of the dishwasher (which was empty & turned off when I went to bed last night), and a lake all over the floor!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Luckily, I'm in an apt, so while the cat continued to yell at me, I rushed to call the maintenance hotline, who were all "And your first name? And how did you spell that? And your last name? And how did you spell that?" I finally lost my patience, told them the kitchen was flooding & I didn't know how to turn off the water, and they put it through quickly. The maintenance guy was already here; the apt. below us had the kitchen ceiling collapse, so the poor man is spending his Sunday running up and down dealing with it all.

He says it's a broken valve in the DW, he will replace it tomorrow when he buys a new one, but we won't have hot water in the kitchen until tomorrow night. Which is fine; we can heat it on the stove and wash up that way, like when I go camping. But sheesh... I've had my coffee, cat had his breakfast, I have a lot of towels to wash now (trying to stem the tide) and I think I will goof off the rest of today, I have SO EARNED IT!!!

I was sorry to hear of Anthony Bourdain, too, and Kate Spade (although I don't have any of her stuff)... suicide is so hard to hear about. I get it; I've had those thoughts in the past myself (hence the anti-depressants), but it sad to hear of people who are so successful who feel this is the only way out. Especially Kate, who left a young teenage daughter, poor kid.

Enough downers this morning! Everyone else's day uneventful so far? I hope?

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Apart from DarthUncle being better after the heavy rain storm cooled Berlin down a bit and me having fever, we are okayish here. The heat wave was not good for him.

I am still grateful that he left the house with me around 7pm yesterday to do some shopping. We were back on time for his beloved Formula One sports, obviously in Canada at present. As a reward he walked me down to the river at 10:40pm. We were right on time for the beautiful fire works which could be seen brilliantly from the spot where we stood.

But today I am thinking the virus and the bacteria try to conquer the rest of my body, especially the skull region and the chest. They want more than just my larynx.

DarthUncle likes this.
  17. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I'd buy five of those if they existed.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    PS: Hope you get that water trouble fixed, @Mistress_Renata. In December we told the land lady about our leaky kitchen window. It was fixed on Wednesday, one day before the Fresenius Institute made its 1st delivery ever. Great timing. At least no dust was able to infect my husband´s operation wounds.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  19. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Actually, I was mopping up while water poured out from under the DW (which had not been turned on at all the previous night), and suddenly, it hit me... I WAS LIVING IN A SIMS GAME!!!!! I was tempted to start whacking the DW with a wrench to see if that would fix it...

jcgoble3, mavjade , CaraJinn and 2 others like this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @CaraJinn - congratulations on being promoted =D= @Jedi_Lover - that is one AWESOME dream [face_laugh]

@AzureAngel2 -- despite your many travails, you and DarthUncle continue to be able to squeeze out happy moments of gentle serenity [:D] [:D] THAT is what I love to give my OTPs when I write fics about them. ^:)^

AzureAngel2 and DarthUncle like this.
  21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I weighed about 90 kg before I started insulin resistance meds at the end of April 2014. I was European size 44/46, probably an E-cup. Now I'm a 38 aka American S and European M aka the British "perfect 10". It's doable. The first months are hell, but after that, once you gain some muscle and/or shed enough fat, pick the best sport in the world and voila! Cycling, of course.

@Jedi_Lover - I was about to write that I dreamed about my crush and myself eating flowers in a hot tub (we were both in swimwear, all G-rated), but you win this round!

@CaraJinn - Congrats! :)

22. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Yeah, I went from 87 kgs to 69... Should probably be more like 72 because at 69 kgs my face was too thin. Started jogging and managed to complete a half marathon two years ago. Then, last spring, my knee started to argue and I was suddenly out of breath too. Happened like that in just a couple of weeks. But food is to blame for the weight gain (not back at 87 - yet). You know "food counts for kg, and training for g".

And @Ewok Poet, cycling? Me? No way. I can bike to work but that's it. After smashing my face when I was 12 (bike stopped, I didn't) I'm terrified of extensive biking.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    With the hours you've been working, it's really hard to eat right!
    That was my biggest concern going back to nights, because people are constantly eating cookies and cakes on nights. That and when you get tired, your brain says "Okay, if we're not going to sleep, let's eat!!" So I bring dinner and then a ton of veggies so if I'm hungry, I eat those instead of what else is around.

I had a pretty bad bike accident when I was younger as well. My bike stopped into the back of a parked van... well I guess my face stopped it first. Luckily I was wearing a motorcycle helmet (for some strange reason, we didn't have a motorcycle) and the only injury I had were scratches from my glasses breaking and a face full of bruises (it said FORD backwards across my forehead). They said had I not been wearing a helmet I'd have at the very least had a traumatic brain injury. But I was about 8, so I was at that age that I was like "eh" and jumped right back on a bike. Though I never did ride down the hill I was on when I hit that van. But also probably the reason I don't want to ride a bike on the road in NYC.

@Mistress_Renata - Ack! That's an awful way to wake up!! I'm glad someone was nearby to get it stopped!

Lady_Misty and AzureAngel2 like this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I guess I'm lucky. My worst accident was scratching my knee once, as a pre-teen.

Also, CaraJinn, how tall are you? I'm 162-164, depending on the time of the day and 69 already makes me a bit overweight. As long as I stay under 65, I'm okay with it.

Gosh, anxiety about everything, out of practically nowhere.

This little job I'm working on, my first in eons? Anxiety. Took me 36 hours to even begin, and it's a two-hour thing max.

The thought that I might see Shaggy on Friday? Anxiety. That he might not be there? Anxiety. That he won't approach me first like he always does? Anxiety? That he would avoid me because I like him, never mind what happened one month ago and the fact that he's always super-nice? Anxiety. Anything? Anxiety.

WordCamp Europe? Anxiety.

Going to the bank to see if my mom's card is stuck in the ATM or to order a new one? Anxiety.

Yeah, good to be back, I guess?!

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    This is why I am ill non-stop, because I try to keep all my anxiety in.

At least the guy of the Fresenius Institute found us, for he was send to Berlin Mitte for some daft reason. And DarthUncle is a quick learner when it is about adapting to a routine.

But all the plastic garbage we are going to make due to his home dialysis, may the goddess help me!