main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Thrawn Alliances Book - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Diego Lucas, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah it is a sad situation.

I can't say I'm surprised by it, that this simply is the way things are now.

Sure, I was hoping they might do some books leading up to Ep 9 further ahead of the film than they did for TFA and TLJ but it seems that's not to be.

kalzeth likes this.
  2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Personally I don’t necessarily need books that are super relevant to what’s going on in the films, (though I’m not knocking those) I like the self contained stories that kind of do their own thing in their own corner of the universe. Really it’s why I can’t complain too much that they’re basically doing a sub-franchise based around Thrawn...I just wish there was more of it, with different characters.

If they came out tomorrow that they’re doing a trilogy of, let’s say, Hera Syndulla or Saw Gerrera novels, I’d devour it.

3. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Agreed.

Basically I just want them to announce a few trilogies of books.

Surely they could do a trilogy on Saw's Rebels and how they splintered from the main group, a trilogy on an X-Wing fighter squadron led by Wedge in the lead up to the Battle of Jakku, etc. All unobtrusive ideas that would sell well.

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

kalzeth likes this.
  5. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    Actually, this a translation of the original summary from Random House books . Here is the English text:

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/...nces-star-wars-by-timothy-zahn/9780525480488/

So excited for this book - don't want to wish my life away but next month can't come soon enough!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Daneira likes this.
  6. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I can’t wait to see who or what the antagonist is. If something’s dangerous enough to be a threat to both Vader and Thrawn it could have some massive implications.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

My three guesses would be

Snoke

The Vong

Or one of the Hermit Kingdoms that the First Order conquered during there time in the UR

8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I feel you, though the thing I'm waiting for in three weeks time is not related to Star Wars. Still, Thrawn Alliances can't get here soon enough.

fett 4 likes this.
  9. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I am ify on the first two, but that third one would be a great call. We don't even need to have that fact confirmed till much later, just give us the chance to actually see those other governments in the UR, rather than being told about them in a vague sense

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If it’s a hermit Kingdom it’ll be a Legends reference, either way, is my gut instinct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalzeth likes this.
  11. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I could buy the latter two. Snoke, purely because he seems to have some kind of vague knowledge of Vader that might have come from a past meeting. I don’t know that it’s likely, but I wouldn’t rule it out.

A Hermit Kingdom would make the most sense though. Zahn seemed to be toying with that notion back in his last few Legends stories, with the introduction of Nuso Esva. I could see this being an extension of that concept.

PCCViking and kalzeth like this.
  12. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Maybe a combination of Snoke and a Hermit Kingdom? If they bring Nuso Esva into canon (or someone like him), maybe it would be Snoke's first attempt to seize control of the galaxy? Maybe he realizes, after learning about his minions being battled by Vader and the Empire, that someone like Vader and the Empire would serve him best later on.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  13. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
  14. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I could buy that, almost like a smaller scale Phantom Menace scenario.

15. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I’m hoping it’s the Vong. I actually really liked them <dodges plastic lightsaber thrown at head>

16. Sigismund

Sigismund Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    hope there are no annoying alien voices in the audiobook this time
    because good god, those guys Thrawn had to arbitrate that dispute with... no idea how anyone thought that was a good idea

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  17. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Try dodging this!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    vncredleader likes this.
  18. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I don't hate the Vong, (Nom Anor's a badass), but I can't see them introducing the Vong in a Thrawn novel. I'd have to imagine if and when they introduce the Vong it's given it's own time and place

Grievousdude likes this.
  19. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015

Lol. You’re crazy.

vncredleader likes this.
  20. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  21. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    THAT'S THE SEXIEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Daneira likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's the eyes, isn't it?

24. Sigismund

Sigismund Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    that was a really annoying version of Anakin, but I guess he's looking for Padme and is a bit on the edge due to it, still hope he tones it down in future chapters
    edit: do we need to spoiler excerpt discussion? no idea

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yes, you do need to spoiler code or Sinny will do his best impression of Thor with his banhammer and verily smite you.

Vialco and Sinrebirth like this.