main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy Interview Thread - Currently interviewing jaimestarr !)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 3, 2018.

1. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    @firesaber

7) If you could hang out with any actor or actress who has ever been in a Star Wars movie, dear or alive, who would it be?

8) How do you think LFL will portray Leia's death?

Ava G. and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  2. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    Least favorite actor/actress performance in any of the films?

Favorite planet?

Least favorite planet?

@firesaber

3. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    22. I do. I often lurk in the meme thread. There is one I have seen that is a representation of a Kentucky fried chicken bucket full of porgs that I find hilarious.

23. Chill a particular section of it the hell out. I'm all for free and open discourse about the direction SW may or may not be going, but there is no need for the level of vitriol, racism, and misogyny that has come about.

24. Very much so. I wish they had led with these after Rogue One. There is plenty of unexplored territory here that could be used to tell some great stories and avoid fan ire.

25. Darth Bane.

4. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    7. It's a toss up between Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill. I got to catch her Wishful Drinking show when she came through my home state and she was just electric. During intermission she worked the room and it just confirmed what I always knew about how fun and complex she must be to be around. I'd love to just sit around and read old comics with Mark Hamill.

8. I have no idea. My hope is they leave her story open-that during the events of Ep IX she is off somewhere forging treaties/drumming up support. Maybe they have some unused scenes from the past two that they could edit to support this. I'd rather they not kill her off screen.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Glad so many people are asking questions.

6. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    Oops. Missed this one. I do. I am an avid/completist collector of publishing, books, comics etc. This started completely on accident and is the fault of my father. We relocated from New England to California in the early/mid 80s and drove across country. By this time I had already begun my journey with fandom but as far as I knew, after ROTJ-that was it. Nothing more to see here.

We stopped at some rest stop somewhere and my dad in a rare moment of fiscal irresponsibility (as he usually dubbed these things) purchased one of the Marvel Star Wars comics off the rack. It was issue 104. This began a cross country easter egg hunt of trying to score any other issues. I was gobsmacked. "There are a 103 other stories?!" Those cross country comics were and are prized possessions. All of this then led to my eventual discovery of the WEG materials, the first Thrawn book, Dark Empire. I've always been an avid reader and on accident happened across Splinter of the Minds Eye, the Solo Novels.

I also collect theatrical posters, any toy that is X Wing or Luke related and in the past couple of years have had a bend toward original vintage items as I have been fortunate enough to be able to have the means to do so. I'm currently trying to complete my set of the Micro Collection sets. A decent carbon freeze chamber eludes me [face_waiting]

7. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    I really don't have any issues with any of the actor/actress portrayal of any character. There are any number of writing choices that have struck me as odd or could have been something else but I don't begrudge the performers for executing what they were handed.

Coruscant. I went into a bit of detail a few posts back as to why.

Hoth for no other reason than I hate the cold. Odd trait for someone who has spent 75% of their life in New England. I think the remainder of that percentage being spent in Cali or in deserts afar have tainted me.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This is the last day to ask @firesaber some questions so make sure to get them in.

26.) If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy what would you do?

27.) Have you ever gotten an autograph from a Star Wars actor?

28.) Have you ever been to a Star Wars Celebration and if not would you like to go?

29.) What is your favorite deleted scene from any Star Wars movie?

30.) Who do you think is the most fun/down to earth actor from Star Wars?

cubman987 likes this.
  9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    @firesaber if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?

10. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    26. If glasses weren't a problem, X-Wing pilot. But since vision is a probably an issue even in SW it would be a Damage Control Lead on a ship of the line. Basically what I do now, except on ships, and in space!

27. Autographs aren't my thing so I have never sought them out. The closest thing I got was a photo with Pablo Hidalgo last year:

[​IMG]

28. Orlando last year was my first Celebration. It's how I ended up with the above photo. Toward the end (at the end?) Disney did the first Galactic Nights over at Hollywood Studios and after his panel appearance he was casually strolling along and my youngest pointed him out and there you are. I have my tickets for next years Celebration and very much looking forward to it. Glad I got my tickets when I did-wow they went fast. My wife and I are on opposite sides of the world so she handled the ticket buying duties-on her birthday no less. True love folks.

29. The deleted lesson scene from TLJ with the attacking village neighbors. I wish they had kept that. It was right up there for pranks that get played on new guys in my career field and to me was hilarious.

30. The only SW actor I have ever been in the same room with was Carrie Fisher, so I would have to say her, but I have to imagine Mark Hamill would be a fair tie.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    @firesaber at Celebration Chicago try to see Hamill. He is great at his panels.

12. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006

BadCane and cubman987 like this.
  13. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    Definitely in the works. I queued for his panel in Orlando only to be within ten people back from getting a wrist band when they ran out. N00B play on my part. I have a better understanding of times, capacities and queue length going into next year.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Solid answer

15. BadCane

Oct 28, 2015
    A+ album.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    @firesaber thanks for being interviewed!

Our next interview starts now, so ask your questions.

Welcome @Darth Weavile

[​IMG]

1.) What is your favorite movie in the prequel Trilogy?
    2.) How did you find the Jedi Council Forums?
    3.) How did you decide on your username for the site?
    4.) Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
    5.) Who is your favorite actor from a Star Wars film?

17. Darth Weavile

Darth Weavile Jedi Master star 3

Oct 10, 2017
    Alright, here we go

1.) What is your favorite movie in the prequel Trilogy?
    A: That's a tough one, but I think Revenge of the Sith takes the cake for me. The acting is extremely good, the story is emotional, and it does a great job connecting the two trilogies. Not to mention some awesome lightsaber battles.
    2.) How did you find the Jedi Council Forums?
    A: I typed in "Jedi Council" on google and this was one of the results. I lurked here for a bit before deciding to join.
    3.) How did you decide on your username for the site?
    A: I'm a Pokemon fan (obviously), so I decided to make my username and avatar have one of my favorites, Weavile. Since Weavile is a Dark-type, I thought Darth Weavile fit. Although I'm more of a fan of the Jedi than Sith personally.
    4.) Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
    A: Gosh, this one is really, really difficult to answer. At one point I'd have said Boba Fett, but I think the prequels made me appreciate Obi-Wan, so I'll go with him.
    5.) Who is your favorite actor from a Star Wars film?
    A: Once again, this one is difficult. There are so many great performances in the films, but I think Hayden Christensen puts on my favorite performance. He did a great job portraying him in Episode 2 as a confused padawan who tries to balance his duty to the Jedi and his attachments to those he loves. By Episode 3, it is obvious he has matured and become a hero of the Jedi Order, but his fear of losing those he loves leads him down the dark path. To be able to portray this character is extremely difficult, but Hayden nailed it perfectly IMO. It's a shame the fan base gives him flak because they expected Anakin to be this stoic, powerful figure like Vader was in the originals, but that was never meant to be the case.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    6.) What is your favorite song to come out of Star Wars?

7.) Did you prefer Solo or Rogue One?

8.) What is the most adventurous thing you have done in your life?

9.) Who is your favorite background character in Star Wars?

10.) Have you ever introduced someone to Star Wars and if so what was that like?

@Darth Weavile

19. BadCane

Oct 28, 2015
    @Darth Weavile

1) If you could hang out with any actor or actress who has ever been in a Star Wars movie, dear or alive, who would it be?

2) How do you think LFL will portray Leia's death?

3) Favorite Star Wars spaceship?

4) Favorite Star Wars land vehicle?

5) Where are you from?

20. Darth Weavile

Oct 10, 2017
    6.) What is your favorite song to come out of Star Wars?
    Man, these questions aren't gonna get easier, are they? There are so many great songs in SW I can't even list them. I guess I'll say the Battle of Yavin theme. It's just so epic.

7.) Did you prefer Solo or Rogue One?
    I've gotta admit, I actually haven't watched a Disney movie since I left The Force Awakens very disappointed. So I can't say☹️
    8.) What is the most adventurous thing you have done in your life?
    Well, at 19, I think most of my adventures lie ahead of me. I would say going on a cruise to Bermuda when I was 8. It was awesome to see the island, but me and my family got sea sick on the way back due to a tropical storm
    9.) Who is your favorite background character in Star Wars?
    I love the Jedi Council in Episode 3, so I'll narrow it down to Kit Fisto and Shaak Ti. Both have awesome designs, but I'll go with Fisto due to how awesome he is in the EU as well as having more of a role in the films.

10.) Have you ever introduced someone to Star Wars and if so what was that like?
    I introduced my Uncle to the prequels. He had watched the originals as a kid, but hadn't watched Star Wars for a long time when I brought TPM to his place when I was staying over. He enjoyed TPM, and wanted to watch the other 2, which he liked as well (and I don't think he knew Palpatine was Sidious). Then we watched the originals to tie it all together.

21. Darth Weavile

Oct 10, 2017
    1) If you could hang out with any actor or actress who has ever been in a Star Wars movie, dear or alive, who would it be?
    Mark Hamill seems like one of the coolest dudes in Hollywood. So, he would be my choice.

2) How do you think LFL will portray Leia's death?
    I think they'll consult with Carrie's family and decide how to respectfully go about it. Obviously, CGI is now a possibility, but I think the most likely scenario is the character dies offscreen.

3) Favorite Star Wars spaceship?
    I'd say the Slave I. Although I like B-Wings a lot, they have such a unique design.

4) Favorite Star Wars land vehicle?
    Jabba's Sail Barge. I still have the Lego version from 2006. And it looks like a great place to have a party (well, before it got blown to pieces.)

5) Where are you from?
    Connecticut, USA

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  22. BadCane

Oct 28, 2015
    You have Lego Jabba's Sail Barge? I'm jealous.

23. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Speaking of Lego, what's your favorite LEGO STAR WARS SET (that you own)?

24. Darth Weavile

Oct 10, 2017
    The Sail Barge, no question
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I added Chewie and C-3PO from other sets

I could show off other sets if you guys want, I used to collect a bunch

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  25. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    Least favorite Lightsaber Color?
    Favorite Pokemon besides Weavile?
    Duel of the Fates or Battle of the Heroes?

@Darth Weavile