main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Padmé Amidala Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Cleo Jinn, Dec 19, 2015.

1. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Great character, hero of the Naboo, very noble and kind-even sweet.

Probably my favorite female Star Wars character

Cleo Jinn likes this.
  2. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I want a Padmé comic before AotC.
    And before TPM with her growing up and include her sister Sola.

3. Cleo Jinn

Cleo Jinn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 7, 2015
    Who all here wants a Padmé refrence in the upcoming SW movie, episode 8?
    Me!
    She was an important person in the PT, so shouldnt there be something about her out there? Like a holo recording?
    Tell me what you think.

teamhansolo and JEDI-RISING like this.
  4. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    The thing I really like about Padmé is her strong conviction that democracy should prevail no matter how slow and inconsistent it may seem. The PT make her stand out as a brave and passionate politician, because she's one of the only members of the Galactic Senate to stand up for her beliefs to the very end. As evident by the events of the PT, she sacrifices everything for the sake of peace and justice; her freedom, her safety and - from a certain point of view - her love.

I don't necessarily think it can be justified for her to have a role in the ST, but I wouldn't be against it either. Let's face it - we can all complain about new chapters in the Saga making references to the old movies, but most of us secretly love these little details that binds everything together. Cameo appearances are a part of that as well.

5. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    YES ! i want to see Luke and Leia on Naboo talking about their mother

Allana_Rey and Cleo Jinn like this.
  6. Carth Solo

Carth Solo Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2015
    I like that she is clever, (the using of a decoy to play her as Queen Amidala was brilliant) and also is compassionate and yet at the same time, will fight, but only as a last resort.

BenToRen and Cleo Jinn like this.
  7. BenToRen

BenToRen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2016
    Her awesome gowns... who's with me?

8. Cleo Jinn

Jun 7, 2015
    *waves hand in the air* Me! Her gowns are the best. :)

BenToRen likes this.
  9. BenToRen

Jan 25, 2016
    I rather like her queen ones the best but her senate ones are cool too.

Cleo Jinn likes this.
  10. Jedimaster_Darklight

Nov 22, 2005
    So, do my fellow members have any favorite Padmé-quotes?

I especially like these:
    "So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."
    "Anakin, you're breaking my heart! You're going down a path I cannot follow!"
    "Our people are dying, Senator. We must do something quickly to stop the Federation."

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  11. Cleo Jinn

Jun 7, 2015
    My favorite is this dialoge between her and Anakin.

Anni: "You call this a diplomatic solution?"
    Padme: "No, I call this agressve negotiations."

12. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    I love Padmé so much, I spent like $20 on a simple velcro wallet featuring her from the Disney store. There is such little merchandise of her and it's a shame bc she's one of the most fashionable characters in the Saga! I've gotten A LOT of compliments on the wallet though, so the 20 bucks totally proved worth it :amidala:

My favorite thing about her is how hard she goes for her people. Lately I've been seeing a lot of posts on tumblr trynna be funny questioning how Padmé can stand Jar Jar etc and I'm just like what?! Padmé sees the potential in every living being and goes ESPECIALLY hard for her planet and people.

Her love and dedication to Naboo and its people is something serious. Her overall dedication to bringing change about on other systems as well. Making sure the Republic is following on its words and promises. She has SO much faith in democracy and the common good that sometimes it comes back to bite her in the behind but that makes me love her all the more because I too am sometimes shocked at how cold & cruel some people can be.

And Anakin is SO her soft spot and "Shatterpoint" if you could say so, and thats another part of hers that I deeply empathize with.

So yeah this turned into a rant but I freaking love Padmé Naberrie Amidala, OK.

lord_sidious_, BenToRen and Cleo Jinn like this.
  13. BenToRen

Jan 25, 2016
    Definitly "So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause." and "Hold me, like you did by the lake on Naboo; so long ago when there was nothing but our love. No politics, no plotting, no war."

14. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Well lets start right off the bat no senator/Queen had a better fashion sense than Padme if you love the fashion designs and the outfits she is wearing as any user can tell which out is my favorite if you already don't have this book go and buy it is called Dressing a Galaxy: The costumes of Star Wars, and their is also a wonderful book for the OT characters called Star Wars costumes. Anyways lets get to my love of Amidala other than her fashion which I am stuck on LOL, she is kind and compassionate she is a true diplomat who wants to see things from every perspective she tries her best to be non judgmental even when faced with horrors she tries not to judge but she wants to know the why, what made someone do this. Another trait I love about her is being a Queen she could have been a arrogant aristocrat thinking that she is better than the people she serves, she constantly reminds us that it she owes to her people to serve them and that her fate will be no different than the fate of her own people no matter rich or poor in her eyes everyone is the same, the Queen who would become a Senator would meet a poor slave boy who would grow up to be a Jedi Knight is the man she choose to marry, many women in her position would have only married a man of noble blood. Lastly she is a very intelligent character she grows and matures throughout the movies she knows that at times the ends don't justify the means she sees the bigger picture. Lastly aside from being beautiful, compassionate and intelligent she is not bad with a blaster also, she does some damage in combat. Padme Amidala is one of my favorite characters in the entire saga!

Padawan4687 and Cleo Jinn like this.
  15. Jedimaster_Darklight

Nov 22, 2005
    Guys, there's an interesting thread in the PT-forum right now regarding Padmé's role in ROTS.
    Check it out if you feel like it. :amidala:

16. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Padme had the greatest fashion wardrobe in the galaxy :)

17. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Normally I'm a fan of dark siders and villains, but if there is one character that could bring me back to the light, it's Padme. There are two main things I like about her:
    First, she is an absolutely beautiful woman, IMO the most beautiful in the whole saga.
    Second, she is tough and doesn't shy away from conflict. She desires peace, but when she sees that ''aggressive negotiations'' are needed, she has no problem picking up a blaster and joining the fight, either for the good of Naboo or the whole Republic. She shows strong leadership in these instances against long odds that is really admirable. I have no doubt that had she not been pregnant with Luke and Leia in ROTS, she would have been on the front lines somewhere trying to put an end to the conflict. She was quick to lead the fight against both the Trade Federation and the CIS, and also helped start the Rebellion (which she would have fought with had she lived).
    She's a great great lady!

18. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    I love her!
    Very classy, smart, compassionate and a kick ass warrior!
    I think Rey is very much like Padame. I also think she was force sensitive. :amidala:

19. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    My views on her have changed. I rather like her now. Don't like she's a warrior just as I don't with Leia but I commend her loyalty.

Lady_Skywalker87 and MarcJordan like this.
  20. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    We live the real world. Get back to it!

Do you remember your mother? Your real mother?

No accident my fellow Padme respecters.

MJ

21. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    So glad I found this thread! There was the Character thread, Warrior Queen, Gentle Lady, but it was locked years ago. Padmè is my favorite SW character as she's among the most complex and layered, and its sad to me that outside of the movies she's not shown as that. But hopefully this thread will help a conversation going and perceptions shifted. Count me in!

Got to say though NP lack of skill (I find her to be a very technical actress) to connect with her characters is in great part what hurt Padmé in the long run in my opinion; she needed someone like Natalie Dormer acting wise.

Unlike Leia though, she's only warrior when she needs to be.;)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  22. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    ss640 and mes520 like this.
  23. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    Haha definitely, thanks for the mention!

Padme is my favourite SW character, ever. When I get the time I'll give a whole essay on why shes so great, but im so happy to see so many people love her as well- she needs more recognition!

24. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    compassionate, kind, beautiful, intelligent

25. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Easy to manipulate.