main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fate of the Jedi issues...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by OutsiderJediSam, May 29, 2018.

1. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Thanks. I have seen some sketches for the Horns and a weird picture of Seff as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AusStig likes this.
  2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Speaking of cover art-it's a shame we never got depictions of Nelani Dinn in LOTF.

And I've never seen much in the way of covert art for the Horns(except Corran).

kalzeth likes this.
  3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Never been much art for any EU characters. It took, what, over a decade and a half to get one of Cal Omas but none of Traest Kre'fey?

kalzeth likes this.
  4. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, there were so many old EU characters who should have gotten some art. FotJ is particularly lazy in that regard, since I think Luke appears on three covers out of nine?

I wish they had kept Kre'fey around, but guess they had no idea what to do about the Bothan ar'krai. Or rather they would prefer to ignore that loose thread and pretend it never happened rather than wrap it up somehow. Not like it changed much during the NJO either.

At least we have some images of Mirax from the old X-wing comic, but not much new Jedi artwork even. Ben's the only exception and that's mainly because he's the newest Skywalker.

AusStig and kalzeth like this.
  5. kalzeth

Aug 26, 2017
    If you look up their wookiepedia pages there are a few sketches of the Horns. By no means much to go on. I actually found this one guy on deviantart who does stylized versions and they look pretty cool although obviously not official. I had hoped maybe there was some NJO art in the sourcebooks or RPG or card games but haven’t come across any.

Noash_Retrac likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Japanese covers would have been our best bet but they stopped them after DNT.

Nom von Anor and AusStig like this.
  7. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Got a link?

8. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Image Spoiler Tagged for Sam

At least we'll always have this brilliantly rendered official art for Abeloth.

[​IMG]

Daneira, Nom von Anor and Ghost like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    [​IMG]

10. kalzeth

Aug 26, 2017
    Noash_Retrac likes this.
  11. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    That image truly freaked me out when I first saw it, despite never reading FOTJ and knowing very little about this Abeloth character... Is that supposed to be Callista's body?

AusStig, kalzeth, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yeah - poor Callie. I was always Team Callista! I was devastated at the time.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I was going through a bit of a funk early on FOTJ but that reveal dragged me back in. A Callista story set after POT up to FOTJ would be interesting.

14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I can picture the following scenario: in her quest to regain the use of the Force without giving into the dark side, she hears stories about similar beings on similar quests. She traces their route to Sinkhole Station, and then finally to Abeloth's planet where her body is taken over.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2018
    Gamiel, AusStig and Iron_lord like this.
  15. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I am also going through FotJ (Audio book, cause I got to use my itunes money now) and a thought occured to me

What if Nithal was CoS instead of Daala? She can be anti-jedi without being a massive hypocrite. Though it would make her decision to prosocute Luke look worse maybe
    (warning spoilers)
    She can be forced into it by the conspiracy, then they go after her, she kills her self and then Abby comes in.

I also find it funny that the Imperials have a plan to bring down Daala peacefully, while the jedi launch a violent coup.

Did they get their parts mixed up?

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Niathal wouldn't be accepted-she was Jacen's co conspirator in the whole coup and his ally for most of LOTF.

17. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Yeah but she also fought against him when he went to far.

Also Daala is a war criminal, who has a much worse record then Niathal

18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah but her reputation would be utterly ruined by her support and participation in his coup(or rather co coup as it wasn't just Jacen but Jacen, Niathal, G'sli G'sil, and one or two other people).

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    One was a war criminal ostensibly forgiven by the Bastion Accords twenty years ago; the other put a Sith Lord in charge of the galaxy four months before the Second Civil War ended.

20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Well it was technically Omas that put Jacen in charge-as he offered him the GAG position IIRC. And while she did outrank him, the GAG wasn't a branch of the navy-and Jacen was popular with the rank and file.

Jacen and Niathal's whole political alliance was one of convenience-as they had different long term agendas. It was inevitable that one would end up betraying the other.

Even if they had won the war.

It simply wasn't a stable or sustainable arrangement.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Either way; Niathal wronged the present electorate and galaxy. Daala wronged the galaxy before the Yuuzhan Vong arrived.

It’s a completely different political climate.

22. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Well I don't recall Niathal bombarding any cities (she fought against it) or massacring any refugees or being the lover of the guy who desgined the Death Star.

Daala is an Imperial, unrepentant and unapologetic. She should be in jail not running the galaxy. Niathal also fought against Jacen, publicly and often.

It was just an idea, still does not seem any more outrageous then Daala as head of the galaxy.

Iron_lord and Sinrebirth like this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Niathal is complicit in Jacen’s actions. If Luke enabled them, so did she. They share blame.

So she gets a part in the battering of Corellia, the abandonment of Balmorra, the burning of Kashyyyk, the asteroid bombardment of Commenor, the intention to take and use Centerpoint, the nuking of Fondor - which were done during her time as co-Chief - and then she’s responsible for the use of nanoweapons on Roche and Mandalore, and the tyrannical two months Caedus rules alone.

Niathal invited Jacen to be Chief with her.

If Luke can be legally tried on that basis then so can she.

Daala turned up after twenty years, having spent those years defending abandoned Rim worlds from the Yuuzhan Vong, and then throws her Fleet into the fight against the Sith. Nothing she did during her guerrilla campaign compares to the destruction of Carida, which the galaxy forgave Kyp for.

The Yuuzhan Vong devastated half the galaxy and tortured it to pieces. They’ve been forgiven and given a home in exile.

Nobody held against Luke what he did as Palpatine’s apprentice; Mara was forgiven for her time as Emperor’s Hand. Phennir was a treacherous man considering warlordism, yet is Confederate Supreme Commander and de facto Head of State.

The Moffs who perpetuated the nanoweapon atrocities were required to be forgiven to end the war. Their genocides were mere weeks before the wars end.

It’s the end of the era of redemption, meeting the era of centralism. It was bound to result in a galaxy ruled by Daala, Phennir and a Fel.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There was a big argument here over whether Luke ever killed anyone in the New Republic during that period,a few years back.

In-universe, Corran, at least, claims that Luke saved many more lives than he killed.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  25. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Those were undertaken solely by Jacen. And she stopped Jacen form attacking Fondor, that was when she tried to remove him from command but the fleet felt the war criminal was the better choice.

As the Commonor thing was done by local commander

Luke should not have been tried, it's a total joke, the officers who fought with Jacen should be on trial, that Bothan should be in jail, but they all get off scot free but Luke gets tried for not arresting Jacen when he had the full support of the government.

So she claims, I think it is more likely Daala was extorting those worlds, but I digress.

Kyp was not guilty due to insane Automatism. he was literally insane when the action happened, he also gave them an opportunity to surrender and they were a legit target, unlike Daala attacking refugees and children.

The Vong are forgiven, but they are also far away, not running the galaxy. Nom Anor is not Chief of State (though that would be cool)

Luke was working against the Empire.

Mara should have been put on trial, found guilty and shot, same with Pelly and every other leader of the Empire.

It was not. Daala is the worst possible person to be chief of State, at least Phennir didn't actually kill civilians on his on authority.

The Moffs had a lot of resources, that's why they were forgiven. Daala had a fleet, that is not a reason to make her CoS