main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order + Survivor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Those games aren't extinct overall. Just in the current AAA industry. But I agree with your overall point.

Havoc123 likes this.
  2. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    The game has so much potential.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  3. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I mean, the real reason the JK Games were so successful was their vast capabilities for mods, its the reason why they're being played up to this day. Meanwhile other SW titles have come and gone, the issue being no mods.

Outsourced likes this.
  4. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Because we don't know anything yet.

It has infinite potential because everyone is just imprinting their own ideas onto it.

5. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Lets hope the wait is worth it.

6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I wouldn't mind Star Wars Jedi: Clone Wars in the future with the possibility to create your own character.

Or even better, make the game from a point of view of one of Dooku's assassins like Ventress was. Plenty of Jedi to kill during this time :)

Jedi Princess likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly and open world Star Wars game would last me freakin' months to a year. I would be that OCD about Star Wars.

Senator Wan, Kylun and Jedi Princess like this.
  8. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I want a bunch of radio stations, like in GTA.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

9. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Potential (but very mild) spoilers for the Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith series:

Matt Martin joined a Twitter thread discussing J:FO and a past issue of DV to say "There will be some hints at the game in that series though. But those issues aren’t out yet." (link in case the embed doesn't display properly inside spoiler tags)

I know this isn't much, but... since we have so little official info to chew on at the moment, I'm posting it anyway.

10. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    No Man's Sky is fun.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Not too excited over another EA game.

vw_jedi likes this.
  12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Not familiar. What’s it about?

13. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Exploring the various different worlds in the cosmos, cataloging all the different species On each world, naming any unknown/unnamed species you come across, upgrading & refueling your ship whenever possible, and making your own way to the center of the cosmos.

starfish likes this.
  14. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I really love SW games, and have enjoyed so many of them over the years. Until the dark times, until EA.

And there in lay the rub. I want to be excited because I've been waiting for a SW game that wasn't just a shooter. But the new BF games just broke my mind so far as trusting EA. I feel like no matter how good the developers intentions might be, or even how good their initial product may be, they will always have EA over their shoulder doing their best to muck it up by needlessly turning it into an online slot machine or defacto ecommerce hub.

Really hoping I'm wrong. And also hoping this game is something more along the lines of the old Jedi Knight series. One thing SW gaming has been missing since EA is diversity in the type of games offered. It's just been pew pew pew for almost 3 years now. I'd like something a bit more engaging with a lot more storytelling.

Vorax and kalzeth like this.
  15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    is this a platform game? casue we really haven't gotten anything

16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    No info on this so far, but I hope its not going to be an exclusive for just one platform.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I agree! This is pure speculation on my part but I suspect they will do an Uncharted clone the way Crystal Dynamics rebooted Tomb Raider. Respawn is a good studio and I think they would benefit from working with an iconic IP like Star Wars. Hopefully they will try to pick up where Lucas Arts left off with their cancelled 1313 game.

Also, I agree with everybody's sentiments about EA, but I take some solace from those rumors that Bob Iger personally intervened right before Battlefront 2's release to make them scrap all micro-transactions at launch. It seems like Disney is well aware that EA is not performing well with SW and they will probably be under a lot of pressure to get this one right. The 2019 Q4 release does worry me though, it seems like it's getting rushed out.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Vialco likes this.
  18. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    While lots of AAA games have development cycles spanning 2-5 years, the bulk of actual work tends to be done in the last 12-16 months.

19. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I watched a documentary on YouTube from NaughtyDog about their development process for Last of Us. And they said they didn't even pick up a joystick for the first year.

Outsourced likes this.
  20. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Yup. A lot of the AAA dev cycle is just spent working on things conceptually, prototyping, etc.

21. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah even though the idea of working on a video game sounds fun in theory. In reality though a lot of it would be very tedious and boring work. People really need to enjoy computer programming in order to Excell at those positions as actually going in and working on story and gameplay is probably only about 1percent of the process.

22. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Well... I wouldn't say that. I'm actually going into Video Game Design. While it's incredibly important that things are actually implemented in the game, design takes up a huge amount of time and resources both before and during the actual crunch of the dev cycle. You need to have a general idea of what you're making before you start making it, or else things tend to get really messy.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. Mizore

Mizore Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2013
    I want a game that recovers the combat system of Jedi Academy, focused on the single player and that even inspires other games not based on Star Wars, as the combat mechanics of Batman and Demon's Souls have inspired others.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  24. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    I'd personally wait until the game is actually out before judging it.

Or you know, have more info then just a basic premise and a title.

There was BTS footage for a couple years back that showing saber on saber action.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  25. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I know it wouldn’t happen but god I’d love this as an isometric crpg similar to pillars or divinity. Something completely left field.

Blackhole E Snoke, kalzeth and Kylun like this.