main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The First SWC Muggles Draft - The Draft Who Lived

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarkEagle, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    FYFFY

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    *pretends to know what FYFFY means*

[​IMG]

3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I'd agree with DE on all except Zaalbar vs. Chirrut. Imre would win out eventually IMO.

4. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Mikaboshi and cubman987 like this.
  5. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Posting this all fancy-like and official

Round 2

Smeltings Conference for Uptight Upright and Proper GMs

Forever Evil vs RX's Super Sweet Team That's Gonna PWN Some Fools (4-6)

Scum and Villainy vs Mostly Mandalorian (5-5)
    Cad Bane, Bossk, Dengar, Black Krrsantan, Zuckuss, Doctor Aphra, 4-LOM, Deliah Blue, Ona Nobis, Sugi
    vs
    IG-88, BT-1, Mandalore the Ultimate, Mandalore the Indomitable, Cassus Fett, Goran Bevin, Tysr, Gallandro, Gar Saxon, Jaster Mereel

(is the carbon freezing chamber even big enough to hold this many people?? Cloud City Fire Department might shut us down lol)

The Unquestionably Questionable Quintet vs Boring Conversation Anyway (3-7)

St Brutus's Secure Conference for Incurably Criminal GMs

Porg One: A Shaq Wars Story vs Seismic Charges (9-1)

This Team Makes Me Happy vs Team Hufflepuff (3-7)

OG Team vs We're One with the Force. The Force is with Us (4-6)

6. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    That's a pretty great team battle

7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Started working on my argument - will have it up by Friday at the latest!

DarkEagle likes this.
  8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Well I wanted to post a little more than this but just too busy:

Scum and Villainy
    vs Mostly Mandalorian (5-5)
    Cad Bane, Bossk, Dengar, Black Krrsantan, Zuckuss, Doctor Aphra, 4-LOM, Deliah Blue, Ona Nobis, Sugi
    vs
    IG-88, BT-1, Mandalore the Ultimate, Mandalore the Indomitable, Cassus Fett, Goran Bevin, Tysr, Gallandro, Gar Saxon, Jaster Mereel

Yikes - there is a lot of firepower here, great match - but here is why my team will win:

Firepower - both teams have a lot of it, but I think my team has more. MM has a couple of people not known to carry much and I think Cad Bane might very well have more weapons and gadgets on him than the rest of these combined....but just about all of the bounty hunters on my team are loaded to the teeth with weaponry.
    Cohesion - I think my team has slightly better cohesion here? He's got some Mandalorians who fought together with some who didn't....and then some guys that never worked with any of them. I think Ona and Deliah are the only 2 on my team who haven't worked with at least a couple of the others on the team.....most of them have all worked together at the same time and quite successfully. Yes there has been some fighting too but when they team up, like they would here, these bounty hunters tend to be pretty hard to stop.
    Leadership - Cad Bane probably takes the lead here and I can see most falling in line; a lot of them are aware of his reputation and his abilities. He has help in planning with Aphra and the OG bounty hunters aren't slouches in coming up with plans either.

So looking at my team - there are just a lot of incredible feats here. Cad Ban alone, with his accomplishments across Star Wars media is just about unmatched by any non-Force user and he's bested a lot of them. Black Krrsantan took out Han and Chewie, Aphra has somehow survived Vader and a slew of other threats, Ona is a Jedi hunter, Sugi has fought Mandalorians and Maul and Savage Opress, and the OG bounty hunters have tons of stories of their abilities.

I think this battle probably comes down to a last man standing type of deal. With all of the firepower and skills on both sides it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see it come down to the wire with one man standing on each side. To me the obvious person to outlast and survive is Cad Bane. He just always finds away - even if he finds himself up against IG-88 or one of the Mandalores he's handled much tougher and come out on top.

KenKenobi and Mikaboshi like this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    @Mikaboshi - are you able to get up an argument? Or should we move on?

Mikaboshi likes this.
  10. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I'll work one up tonight, if it doesn't show feel free to move along. Thanks for the reminder, Inty. [face_peace]

BookExogorth likes this.
  11. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    rip my mental image of Mika being hard at work on this arg for days and days @};-

12. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    LOL, me = slacker.

vs

Weaponry: No way does Cad have more weaponry at his disposal than my team, in fact I don't think he even has more than either IG-88 or BT-1, both of which are living arsenals of destruction. Beyond that I have the resources of the Mandalorians, warriors specially equipped for battle, with prep all of these guys should be showing up with Mandalorian armor, and pretty much any kind of weaponry their heart desires.

Skill: I think the levels of skill on my team is insane, far better than a collection of rag tag scrub bounty hunters. Ultimate stood toe to toe with Revan, Indomitable stood toe to toe with Ulic, Goran Bevin stood toe to toe with Jaina, Tysr defeated a Jedi Master in single combat, Gallandro is considered by Han Solo to be the fastest and best gunslinger he had ever seen, Gar was one of the best of the Super Commandos and has no shortage of amazing battlefield feats.

Cohesion: I have 6 Mandalorian warriors, now that in and of itself doesn't give automatic cohesion. With Mandalore the Ultimate I have a leader who most Mandalorians would follow, without question, and with Indomitable and Cassus I have a duo with great cohesion and ability to lead others of their lineage. Goran Bevin, Gar Saxon, and Jaster in my view would all thrive under that leadership structure.

Intangibles: IG is a technopath, a very good one. He has on numerous occasions been shown to take control of droids and other technologies with great ease. In my mind, this is one of my teams greatest advantages. What is 4-LOM? Droid. What happens when, in the midst of combat, LOM turns on his own team? What happens if Cad Bane's breathing tubes are hacked? How much of a liability would Doc Aphra's techs be if IG takes control of them?

My droids bring a lot to the table here. Both have no need to see, they can rely on their sensors, and both can "see" 360 degrees so nobody is sneaking up on these two. IG is blaster proof, far stronger and faster (both physically and processing speeds) than anyone on the opposing team, and is specifically designed to excel in this type of environment. BT-1 has weaponry that can fire 360 degrees, he doesn't even really have to move around much other than for defensive purposes. His standard accompaniment of weaponry is insane, everything from SAM missiles to flamethrowers and a small army worth of blasters. That doesn't even scratch the surface.

Also, that technopath stuff, I can easily envision IG having full control of BT before the fight even starts. Imagine two droids (3 if you count 4-LOM), in full unison, working with a single hive mind to coordinate against the opposing team and pick them apart?

Darth_Furio and KenKenobi like this.
  13. Cunning_Stunt

Cunning_Stunt Jedi Master star 1

Aug 22, 2011
    where am i

KenKenobi likes this.
  14. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Thanks for the arguments, fellas.

I think there's some truth to be found in both sets of arguments. I think Cad Bane, without a doubt, is the best leader in this battle, and has time and again proven his ability to not just set up a complex scheme, but execute it, even against top-end opposition. That said, the gap isn't that huge, and Mika makes a great point re: cohesion.

I think the technopathy he brings up is a great point, too. And, while I like to think of these team battles as having some kind of mechanism to avoid a character turning on his teammates, there's no reason Aphra couldn't be shut down and out of the match completely (that's just my interpretation of how things work, other judges can certainly have their own POVs)

The location, I think, plays an important role here. It's not set up to Cad's planning strengths, and it's going to reduce a good bit of this to melee over mindset, I think, and that gives a slight edge to Mika's team. With comparable firepower, I think the technopathy and battlefield location give that team just enough of an edge to eek out a win.

My vote is for Mostly Mandalorian

Mikaboshi likes this.
  16. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Excellent battle here and I really struggled with this one. Both teams have clear reasons why they could win: excellent leadership (Bane vs MtU/MtI), tons of firepower, plenty of experience (I disagree on the techno aspect- I have a hard time seeing IG-88 being able to scramble 4-LOM during this fight).

Biggest separating factor for me, oddly is something neither team has control of: location. In an smaller enclosed area like the freezing chamber, stray shots and misplaced grenades are going to play havoc on teams. Best way I have to describe the difference between these teams is rpg terms lol: S&C (as their name implies) are more rogue/dps kind of characters whereas MM is more dps/tank, and in a fight like this I see Mostly Mandalorian being able to handle the chaos of this fight a tad better. Weird but that's what stands out to me

BookExogorth and Mikaboshi like this.
  17. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    1. Boring Conversation Anyway (2-0) [13-6-1]- @Yodaminch
    2. Mostly Mandalorian (2-0) [13-7]- @Mikaboshi
    3. Scum and Villainy (1-1) [12-8]- @cubman987
    4. RX's Super Sweet Team That's Gonna PWN Some Fools (1-1) [9-10]- @RX_Sith
    5. Forever Evil (0-2) [7-12-1]- @Evil Incarnate
    6. The Unquestionably Questionable Quintet (0-2) [5-17]- @Darkslayer

1. Porg One: A Shaq Wars Story (2-0) [18-4]- @Wang Chi / @KenKenobi
    2. We're One with the Force. The Force is with Us (1-1) [11-9]- @Jordan1Kenobi
    3. Team Hufflepuff (1-1) [10-10]- @Point Given
    4. This Team Makes Me Happy (1-1) [8-12]- @ma_petite
    5. Seismic Charges (1-1) [7-13]- @heels1785
    6. OG Team (0-2) [8-12]- @Jedi Knight Fett
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 3

Theed Palace Plaza (AATs not included)
    [​IMG]

Scum and Villainy vs Boring Conversation Anyway

Forever Evil vs Mostly Mandalorian

The Unquestionably Questionable Quintet vs RX's Super Sweet Team That's Gonna PWN Some Fools

OG Team vs Team Hufflepuff

Porg One: A Shaq Wars Story vs We're One with the Force. The Force is with Us

This Team Makes Me Happy vs Seismic Charges

Numbers my dudes/dudettes

Mikaboshi likes this.
  18. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Naboo location against the Padme team

[​IMG]

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

Mikaboshi likes this.
  20. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Mikaboshi likes this.
  21. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I didn't get the tag!

Mikaboshi likes this.
  22. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Me either, will send shortly

Mikaboshi likes this.
  23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    For the record, I also never got a tag. I just happened to check the topic.

BookExogorth and Mikaboshi like this.
  24. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Numbers sent, sorry for the wait

Mikaboshi likes this.
  25. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I also didn’t get the tag, I just saw you had posted and figured it was a new round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikaboshi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.