main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Okay I'm at officially the 24 hour period. Pretty good so far, haven't seen any interviews (saving the Jimmy Kimmell special until after I watch the flick), and I still have about 75% of ROTJ and all of TFA to watch so I'm covered there. The only thing is random webbrowsing. So I've decided to just catch up on AV Club reviews of Inhumans or Defenders or whatever instead and also I Found a spoiler site from the mid 90s (!) that I'm going to try to read up on to kill some time. Whole lotta fake spoilers on there, did you know Kenneth Brannagh was a lock for OB1?

MotivateR5D4 and Grievousdude like this.
  2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Got round to starting my pre TLJ watch through later than I'd liked so I'm going to be cutting it close to when I see the film on Sunday but it's helping keep me spoiler free so that's good.

Watched TPM on monday, AOTC yesterday and the TCW Movie, the Citadel Arc and the Wrong Jedi story arc today. Tomorrow I'll do ROTS and R1 back to back and then do repeat that with the remaining four films.

I had originally planned on just doing the live action films but I've always found it a bit weird jumping straight from AOTC to ROTS so I added those TCW arcs to bridge the gap a bit. Skipping Rebels though as while I like the show I don't think it is quite as relevant to the films as TCW is in terms of the overall story and TBH I probably can't really fit in anyway.

MotivateR5D4 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I went with TWC film, "The Lawless" episode, Wrong Jedi arc, Yoda arc (all in 1 day basically AND I managed to watch and review The Disaster Artist too. I didn't have to work that day so it helped).

As for Rebels, if anything, I highly recommend Twilight of the Apprentice. Barely 40 minutes and pays off TCW, like, a lot.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  4. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I'll think about it. It's my favourite episode of Rebels so I might try to include it somehow. If I remember right it was split into two parts though so I might just watch part 2 since I've seen the episode a few times before.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Less than 24 hours to go and almost entirely spoiler free! I'm here on the west coast, so I'll be about the last wave of people to see it. So I definitely need to make sure I stay off line most of tomorrow. Probably will just do my regular check ups. Post one last time here. Then just wait it out. Maybe do some Christmas shopping while I kill time in the morning and early afternoon before lining up at my local AMC.

It's true. Even a google search this morning about weather at Disneyland today brought up a Star Wars related article on the news section that I immediately clicked away from.

6. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I don't mean anything bad by this but, I hate everyone who has already seen it right now.

Force Smuggler and Grievousdude like this.
  7. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I'm actually really surprised that I was able to stay away from Facebook/random web throughout my isolation period! 10 hours til I'm at the theater...

8. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    44.75 hours to go. Approximately.

The thing that bugs me is knowing that I won't be able to put down anything in words that make sense about it for a good 14 months after it comes out.

I still can't really describe how I felt about Rogue One except the fact that the image of Cassian opening his eyes at the last possible moment is burned into my psyche.

9. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    I've seen it yesterday. I was unspoilt (other than trailers and tv spots).
    You're in for a ride. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, but I am certain it is a highly polarizing film.
    Enjoy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

10. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Without spoiling, is there any way to describe which folks it will put at opposite ends of the spectrum, i.e., will O.T. fans love it while P.T. fans hate it, or vice versa? Or is it more complex than that?

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Saw it earlier today. I enjoyed it as well. Just a note that there is no good place to take a comfort break during the film, so you might want to reconsider the mega cup of soda with the popcorn.

BigAl6ft6 and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  12. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Made it! No more work until Saturday so I go off grid and settle down on my day to watch I - VI (inc R1) then TFA on Saturday morning.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    This is a really good Star Wars film. I grew up with the OT, but I also enjoy the PT and loved the new movies as well. Some people aren't going to be happy no matter what you do.

This is the truth! Except I got the mega cup of soda after going most of the afternoon without drinking many fluids.

14. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    That would be *really* hard to tell, I think it all boils down to a personal level. Maybe, just maybe, I could say, those who consider the OOT some sort of immovable, monumental work of art of the 20th century might enjoy it less. Those who acknowledge that originally, SW was conceived as an homage to Saturday morning matinee shows like Flash Gordon might enjoy it more. Those who enjoyed the more mystical sides of TCW Mortis- and Yoda-arcs might enjoy it. And those who critiques TFA's excessive pandering to nostalgia at least won't have reason to complain this time.

Hope this description is still vague enough.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

CosmicDust likes this.
  15. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    This is my non-spoiler review for you guys. I am very sensitive to spoilers, so don't worry, I will not reveal anything about the plot.
    • It is not a rehash of TESB, although my first impression was that it was going to be. But it quickly makes a statement that this film has its own personality.
    • It is an amazing Star Wars film, although I am sure the fanbase will be divided over it. This film is bold and I am sure we will see a clear separation in the fanbase regarding how they deal with this film.
    • Some fans will love it, and some fans will hate it because it does not match their headcanon or their precious childhood.
    • Do not judge this film by your headcanon. Your headcanon does not apply here, and will only harm your viewing experience.
    • It is amazing, did I say it already? Yes.
    • This film puts you on the edge of your seat all the time.
    • Nothing is sacred in this film. You will be scared and in doubt about what will happen to the main characters all the time. They are not safe at any time.
    • There are some moments where you heart will almost fall out of your mouth.
    • Luke is epic, but in a different way to what some fans expected.
    • The lore of the Force is greatly expanded in this film.
    • You will see new Force powers.
    • It is very action-packed, this is a rollercoster ride. Hold on firmly.
    • TLJ is much more adult than all other Star Wars films. This is not a story for a 12 year old, because it is so dense.
    • It is dense. You will leave the theather with you head still spinning.
    • Take your time after watching it, then make your own personal ranking/rating before coming here to be influenced by what others say.
    • You will need 2 or 3 hours to digest everything and make your own rating for this film.
    • I highly recommend a second viewing. You will absorb so much more, because as I said, this film is dense.
    • Acting was great all around.
    • My rating is that TLJ belongs to the same tier of TFA, RotJ and RotS.
    • The highs are much higher than TFA, and the lows are a bit lower than TFA.
    • It is a great addition to the Star Wars episodes and will generate heated forum discussion for years and years :)
    • I can see this film winning at least 2 Academy Awards.

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    How do you remain unspoiled if you've seen the movie 3 times already? I feel like one of those guys who got out of Shawshank prison and can't adjust to the outside world

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

It was true, and any suspense in that scene was spoiled for me. I'm glad I was spoiler-free for the rest of the film. Spoiler-free is the way to be!

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Okay, well, it's a good long while till episode IX (a year and a half!) and the last few Star Wars movies had been pretty spoiler lockdown from production so I guess we can freely romp and speculate amongst the spoiler forums for about 6 months at least.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  19. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I google spoilers for everything. I'm terrible.

CosmicDust and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I won't go there...but maybe we can start up the social thread in here again. I've been spoiler-free since before Episode III, so I'm not about to start tempting myself! Besides, they haven't started filming yet, right?

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I think filming starts in a month. And if you want to start a conversation in the Social thread, go for it! We need more activity in here. :)

22. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    I need some faith restored after TLJ, so I'll be reading some spoilers to get a feel for what to expect for IX.

23. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

Soooo...I was recently browsing around at older posts just for S's and G's (as I sometimes do)

...I just wanted to take a moment to credit @Ricardo Funes for his accurate review and apt prediction at the fan reactions to TLJ. It's almost creepy how 100% accurate this opening day review is-and it means even more now, almost a year later! I enjoyed re-reading this, after all this time has passed...

=D=

Ricardo Funes and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  24. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    It's almost hard to believe that in a year or so, we've seen two new Star Wars movies. My opinion on The Last Jedi has grown more fond as time has gone on. Scenes that people seem to want to discard, I enjoy and hope to see more of in the future. It was a bold movie to make, and I'm glad Rian Johnson made it.