main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #13-18: Burning Seas (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Mar 9, 2018.

1. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Totally missed that. I guess I can buy that. Does seem extreme that he can compel so many clones at once as we don’t see the mind tricks used en masse in the films.

Just nitpicking though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spicer and Ithorians like this.
  2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I'm guessing it's easier for him, given that it's really just one mind, duplicated numerous times. It also probably helps that the Order 66 trigger requires a certain specific touch that's the same in all clones. Barr isn't mind-tricking the clones into turning on the Inquisitors, he's using the Force to activate the biochips in their heads. As soon as he's done that, their programming takes over, compelling them to kill anyone they consider to be "Jedi".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  3. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    or she chould have change her name after joining the dark side i mean instead of changing her name to 12 sister she changed it to Jerserra

kalzeth likes this.
  4. kalzeth

Aug 26, 2017
    Interesting. Slight OT but I wish there was a way to see all the art of these games? I love seeing the force users and bounty hunters but don’t buy the games

5. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    yeah i got one of the role play game books

6. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    I don't think you can view *all* of the art in any one place outside of purchasing the books, but I get what I can by browsing the images uploaded to Wookieepedia by visiting the file page for an image (e.g. Jerserra file page), then browsing its categories listed at the bottom (e.g. Images from Ghosts of Dathomir). The category pages for FFG's RPGs (here are the ones for Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, and Force and Destiny) have subcategories for their various supplements (e.g. here's No Disintegrations, the EotE supplement focusing on the Bounty Hunter career). When I like a particular style of art, I'll also check if the image has a category for its artist (e.g. I liked this art of Oskara so I checked out Images by Anthony Foti).

(Sorry if you already know/do all of this! Or if it just sounds like too much clicking around.)

Edit: Oops, I forgot what the Wook looks like for mobile users... I'd recommend Request Desktop Site for easier viewing of the galleries.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    kalzeth and Supreme Leader Woke like this.
  7. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    While I believe that this comic is building up to a Vader vs Quinlan fight. I would love for it to continue off from where Solo left off and have Vader take down the Crimson Dawn

8. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I want that so badly. I'd love to see it in a Solo sequel or another spinoff (a Darth Vader or Mail movie, or even in the Fett one), but that unfortunately seems unlikely. This comic would be a good place to continue that plotline. Or a Qi'ra novel which would be amazing.

9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I hope they're going to save Quinlan for a live action TV series as originally intended.

spicer likes this.
  10. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    That could take years. I'd rather get Vos sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Shadowrain10 likes this.
  11. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I felt like this was a great arc and was a nice parallel to the main Star Wars comic.

12. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Whatever would do justice to the character. I'd rather wait a few more years for a proper live action portrayal rather than a quick glorified cameo in the comics. I'd prefer a full mini series or even an ongoing devoted to him as opposed to a brief appearance in this series. Ideally, we'd get him in the comics and live action too.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    tatooinesandworm and MrDarth0 like this.
  13. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Did anyone catch the cover for Vader #21 (I think it is)? Looks interesting.

14. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Indeed it does.

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Is vader floating over lava in issue 21?

16. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    That's my assumption.

vong333 likes this.
  17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Barr's evil-ish mind trick while kinda cool was odd.

Am just curious as why Order 66 would suddenly activate Clone Troopers to attack those specifically leading them and they're even marked in the same insignias, was not like Vader was in danger during Order 66 when he looked exactly like Anakin during ROTS when Sidious just activated Order 66. Yet when he looked like cyborg Vader the Clones just fired on him at the temple in the past issues somehow despite his obviously not Jedi-look as being a Jedi - back when there was a lack of communication between him , the Clones and the Grand Inquisitor apparently and even Sidious.

kalzeth likes this.
  18. kalzeth

Aug 26, 2017
    I agree. I had it explained to me that it was anyone using a lightsaber which doesn’t make sense since anakin had one in rots but that is why Barr isn’t using one.

Ithorians likes this.
  19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yeah, also another thought, couldn't any of the three Inquisitors just mind trick them back again, to counter the mind trick of Master Barr?!

kalzeth likes this.
  20. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    I think they were busy not trying to get shot.

spicer and Vialco like this.
  21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    They were yapping a lot so apparently they had time in between, besides one or all of them could've used Force push to take them down and they could've used combos like block and lightsabers throw(they did that often on Rebels) to chop them up. I can understand the disbelief that a platoon of Clones could easily overwhelm 3 Inquisitors.

kalzeth likes this.
  22. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    You do realize that the only Inquisitor that actually died was Prosett "No-Eye's" Dibbs. Ninth Sister and Sixth Brother were able to hold off the clones pretty easily. The only reason they didn't stand their ground and finish off the clones was because their quarry was escaping. That's why Sixth Brother maims his ally and continues the chase. He wanted all the glory for himself.

23. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    So the excerpt for the Tarkin and Vader comic is interesting. Does anyone remember what the debt is? I'm trying to wrack my brain as to what it is. Interesting that it appears that he's trying to kill him. Perhaps this is where he learns that Vader is Anakin?

24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Actually both the 6th Brother and 10th Sister had no intention of standing their ground and fighting to the end like Dibbs/10th Brother, they wanted to make a run for it instead, take their chances and all.

Dibbs had killed one Clone out've the 12 before he died. And Barr while he was making his leaping escape had also managed to kill at least one Clone commando.

They did not easily handle the 8 or so remaining Clones that were alive after the death of Dibbs/10th Brother, the panels made things very dire and difficult for the two remaining Inquisitors. After Dibbs fell they were gonna eventually be overtaken, that was clear. The 6th Brother was already losing focus and spine once he saw the Jedi jump over all their heads and make it out. Their big escape move was simply a novice's gamble of one big push and then make a run and hope they survive, hardly what you described .

Dibbs was an accomplished warrior and veteran Jedi Knight, his lack of physical eyesight was not a handicap . Have you read the Mace Windu comic by any chance?! And it certainly did not exclude him from the Inquisitor program, nor even the Jedi Order or even his ability to carry & use a lightsaber in combat at any time , lol.

Dibbs died first cause they apparently sucked at blocking for long duration's with their own weapons(and apparently somehow Clones are just better soldiers than any non-Clone Imperial soldier ), then the other two wanted to try the same trick as Master Barr, jump over them and make a run for it past them(that would not of stopped the Clones from following). Barr only managed to accomplish that escape cause the Clones were concentrating fire on the Inquisitors, apparently that resonated with the 6th Bro too.

The 9th Sister warned the 6th Brother to focus on the battle at hand but he had other ideas. When they decide to join forces and finally use Force push together, it had failed in disrupting all the Clones, it just bought the 6th Brother space to make his own escape. It was obvious they were still fighting Clones and bogged down in gunfire and may of not of made it out. The failure there was that neither of them had the martial arts training nor Force level power or training to escape in prolonged combat situations when up Jedi threats.

Furthermore the 9th Sister did not have the physicality for the type of Jedi combat, she's more a lumbering brute. There was never any kinda Force or Force assisted physical acrobatic-martial arts combo moves to eliminate the Clones as true Jedi arts trained warriors would do in similar situations. Like say Anakin/Vader, Kenobi, Maul, Windu, Ahsoka, Ventress ect. Which means they arent any good at killing well trained soldiers or even fighting Force warrior rivals either.

The 9th Sister was too big and heavy for acrobatics so she would've never made it out've there alive and she knew it, if they both made a run for it, so thats really the 6th Brother cuts her leg off, so to have the Clones concentrate on her while he makes a quick run for it to escape. It was his own survival. They would've all met the same fate at the hands of the Clone troopers as they would've been overtaken .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    The debt is from this series, I think issue #15 or maybe #16. Tarkin gave Vader a mission and said he would owe him a favour or something along those lines.

Darth_Pevra and KamNale like this.