main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The First SWC Muggles Draft - The Draft Who Lived

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarkEagle, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I got the tag.

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  4. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Smeltings Conference for Uptight Upright and Proper GMs
    1. Boring Conversation Anyway (2-0) [13-6-1]
    2. Mostly Mandalorian (2-0) [13-7]
    3. Scum and Villainy (1-1) [12-8]
    4. RX's Super Sweet Team That's Gonna PWN Some Fools (1-1) [9-10]
    5. Forever Evil (0-2) [7-12-1]
    6. The Unquestionably Questionable Quintet (0-2) [5-17]

St Brutus's Secure Conference for Incurably Criminal GMs
    1. Porg One: A Shaq Wars Story (2-0) [18-4]
    2. We're One with the Force. The Force is with Us (1-1) [11-9]
    3. Team Hufflepuff (1-1) [10-10]
    4. This Team Makes Me Happy (1-1) [8-12]
    5. Seismic Charges (1-1) [7-13]
    6. OG Team (0-2) [8-12]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 3

Theed Palace Plaza (AATs not included)
    [​IMG]

Scum and Villainy vs Boring Conversation Anyway
    @cubman987 @Yodaminch
    3. Bossk vs Han Solo
    6. Ona Nobis (prep) vs Winter Celchu + Chopper
    1. Dr. Aphra (prep) vs Winter Celchu + Chopper (FORFEIT)

Forever Evil vs Mostly Mandalorian
    @Evil Incarnate @Mikaboshi
    3. Kir Kanos (prep) vs Goran Beviin (prep)
    6. General Grievous vs Jaster Mereel
    1. SCORPIO vs Tysr (prep)

The Unquestionably Questionable Quintet vs RX's Super Sweet Team That's Gonna PWN Some Fools
    @Darkslayer @RX_Sith
    3. Embo vs Bowdaar
    6. Gregor vs Trioculus
    1. Mandalore the Avenger vs Vua Rapuung + Nom Anor

OG Team vs Team Hufflepuff
    @Jedi Knight Fett @Point Given
    3. Carth Onasi vs Jariah Syn (prep)
    6. HK-47 vs Jagged Fel (prep)
    1. ARC Trooper Alpha (prep) vs Morrigan Corde

Porg One: A Shaq Wars Story vs We're One with the Force. The Force is with Us
    @Wang Chi @KenKenobi @Jordan1Kenobi
    3. 3x Porgs + N-11 Ordo vs Krismo Sodi
    6. Dash Rendar vs Finn
    1. Boss (prep) vs Hera Syndulla + Baze Malbus

This Team Makes Me Happy vs Seismic Charges
    @ma_petite @heels1785
    3. Wes Janson vs Kal Skirata
    6. R2-D2 vs Zam Wesell
    1. Hobbie vs Scorch + Sev

BookExogorth likes this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Arguments especially desired on these:

Ona Nobis (prep) vs Winter Celchu + Chopper
    Kir Kanos (prep) vs Goran Beviin (prep)
    Mandalore the Avenger vs Vua Rapuung + Nom Anor
    HK-47 vs Jagged Fel (prep)
    3x Porgs + N-11 Ordo vs Krismo Sodi

(that one mainly because I want to see how you envision the Porgs working in Theed)

6. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    The Cavs don't play...for...awhile...

Dash vs. Finn

Finn will try to run and Rose will randomly find him and be like "Nuh uh" and then Dash picks him off with a thermal det or something.

Boss (prepped) vs. Hera Syndulla + Baze Malbus

Hera's exceptional for her piloting, not so much for her one-on-one skills. In maybe her highest-profile fight she gets whooped by Rukh and needs Chopper to save her, then gets whooped again when she forces Chops to leave. Baze is basically there for his heavy repeater, but Boss coming in with intel and prep time isn't gonna let himself be pinned down by it.

Null Porgdo vs. Krismo Sodi

Two things in N-11's favor-- first he is, by genetic manipulation and specialized training, likely the most elite clonetrooper ever. His physical makeup is a result of enhancing Jango Fett's genome, making him a stronger & faster version of Jango himself, and even among the half-dozen of those dudes he was their highest-performing and undisputed leader. Add his combination of Kaminoan & Mandalorian instruction and he's already headed toward KO'ing Krismo.

Second...porgs in Theed man.

Here's a layout of the Naboo downtown pulled from one of those Inside the Worlds books...

[​IMG]

While the open Plaza has potential for some Western fast-draw scenarios (imagine R2 and Zam starting back-to-back and then taking paces, but R2 has to roll along awkwardly...have I mentioned how much I love this draft?), the battle could easily spill into the more narrow spaces between buildings. And as any fan (or player-before-microtransactions) of Battlefront will quickly recognize, the easiest way to navigate those dangerous confines is...to go up. There's even a mini-mission in the new BF2 where as Boba you basically fly around and see how many dudes you can pick off as they run through the similar Mos Eisley alleyways.

So Ordo appears at the battle, quickly scans the locale, and realizes he's got three (3) little Porgos on his side. What does he do? He yanks the camera from his helmet (clones, at least at the level of Bly at Felucia, have built-in cams-- this is from an old Hyperspace webcomic, which is maybe illegal to share from that kinda-BS paid Hyperspace subscription 1043049034 years ago, which makes me feel like a real rebel someone tell Jyn Erso to DM me)...he yanks it from his helmet and attaches it to a porg, which flies away and gives this clonetrooper with a photographic memory a sudden overlay of the city and potentially a heads up to what his opponent is doing (probably his makeup).

But Ordo doesn't just have one (1) little Porgo-- he quickly arms the other two so that if they find their way into the battle (I should say "when" not "if"-- this is the planet where effin Gungans stumble ass-backward into everything) they are helpful tiny flying grenades. And not...not frag grenades okay that's just messy, I'm talking the reverse-polarity pulse kind from Republic 50, capable of knocking out electronic weapons. Like Krismo's electro-swords.

And allowing the Porgos to survive the blast and chirp excitedly at their win!

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Buckeyes play in 67 days, though

KenKenobi and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  8. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Go Blue? :p

9. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Fun fact

7 coaches in NCAA Division 1 Football make more than $6 Million per season.
    6 of them have either won or played for a national championship
    the other is Jim Harbaugh.

10. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    *hand hovers over like button until Furio judges*

11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I will have something but need a few days - busy, busy week.

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I need to recall Ona and will have a full argument later this week. But the reason I opted not to prep Winter is her memory is already excellent and she’s a trained spy. Aided by a talented droid like Chopper, she should have this without prep. It doesn’t hurt that both are expert slicers either.

Also, in terms of kills, Chopper eclipses Ona’s.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Pilots vs. warriors - not sure I'll get R2, although all it really requires is a shot to the dome by a seasoned bounty hunter (he's been immobilized before, has no shielding, and limited/awkward movement). But Kal and the trump should have no trouble at all.

14. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008

Scum and Villainy vs Boring Conversation Anyway
    @cubman987 @Yodaminch
    3. Bossk vs Han Solo Han's the man.
    6. Ona Nobis (prep) vs Winter Celchu + Chopper Winter is dangerous and has the feats
    1. Dr. Aphra (prep) vs Winter Celchu + Chopper (FORFEIT)

Forever Evil vs Mostly Mandalorian
    3. Kir Kanos (prep) vs Goran Beviin (prep)
    6. General Grievous vs Jaster Mereel
    1. SCORPIO vs Tysr (prep)

The Unquestionably Questionable Quintet vs RX's Super Sweet Team That's Gonna PWN Some Fools
    @Darkslayer @RX_Sith
    3. Embo vs Bowdaar More feats for Embo
    6. Gregor vs Trioculus
    1. Mandalore the Avenger vs Vua Rapuung + Nom Anor 2 on 1 here.

OG Team vs Team Hufflepuff
    3. Carth Onasi vs Jariah Syn (prep)
    6. HK-47 vs Jagged Fel (prep)
    1. ARC Trooper Alpha (prep) vs Morrigan Corde

PREP wins in these matches for me.

Porg One: A Shaq Wars Story vs We're One with the Force. The Force is with Us
    3. 3x Porgs + N-11 Ordo vs Krismo Sodi
    6. Dash Rendar vs Finn
    1. Boss (prep) vs Hera Syndulla + Baze Malbus

This Team Makes Me Happy vs Seismic Charges
    @ma_petite @heels1785
    3. Wes Janson vs Kal Skirata
    6. R2-D2 vs Zam Wesell
    1. Hobbie vs Scorch + Sev

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Mikaboshi and heels1785 like this.
  15. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Sorry; been a hectic week here.

Agree on all except:

Ona Nobis (prep) > Winter + Chopper: Ona has been shown to do well with prep- posing a threat to Qui-Gon and other Jedi.

Kir Kanos (prep) > Goran Beviin (prep): Really tough, going Kanos on a slim margin. I like the quality of Kanos' opponents a touch more than Beviin's.

Gregor > Trioculus: love me some 3-eyed inhuman monster, but Gregor has actual combat training and experience

@DarthIntegral

The Sonics haven't played since '08 =((

Mikaboshi and Darth_Furio like this.
  16. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    [​IMG]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Gregor, Kanos, and the TRUMP

Mikaboshi likes this.
  18. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Round 3

Theed Palace Plaza (AATs not included)
    [​IMG]

7, 5, 9

Scum and Villainy vs Boring Conversation Anyway (1-2)
    @cubman987 @Yodaminch
    7. Black Krrsantan vs Bo-Katan Kryze
    5. Dengar vs Captain Rex (prep)
    9. Deliah Blue + Sugi vs Zeb

Forever Evil vs Mostly Mandalorian (2-1)
    7. Prince Xizor vs Mandalore the Indomitable
    5. Captain Phasma vs Cassus Fett
    9. Chanath Cha vs IG-88

The Unquestionably Questionable Quintet vs RX's Super Sweet Team That's Gonna PWN Some Fools (2-1)
    7. Commander Cody vs PROXY (prep)
    5. ARC Trooper Fives vs M1-4X
    9. K-2SO vs Tsavong Lah (prep)

OG Team vs Team Hufflepuff (2-1)
    7. Rook Kast vs Cassian Andor
    5. Bendak Starkiller vs Durge (Boom. Slice. Smash. Ka-POW. Toasted.)
    9. Fenn Rau vs Rae Sloane

Porg One: A Shaq Wars Story vs We're One with the Force. The Force is with Us (3-0)
    7. Shimrra Jamaane vs Ania Solo (prep)
    5. Fenn Shysa vs Jace Malcom
    9. Pre Vizsla vs Padme Amidala (prep)

This Team Makes Me Happy vs Seismic Charges (0-3)
    @ma_petite @heels1785
    7. Myn Donos vs Theron Shan (prep)
    5. Kell Tainer + Runt vs Hondo Ohnaka
    9. Face Loran (prep) vs Sev + Scorch

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    BookExogorth likes this.
  19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Wookiee gets lit on fire. I've already shown all of the things Bo-Katan can do. Also, unlike Cloud City where she was confined to the carbon chamber, here she is free to fly high in Naboo's plaza. Look at all that architecture she can blow up. Between the missiles, the flamethrowers, the blaster and her hand to hand combat, she has several ways to not only evade her opponent but also keep this to a ranged fight and win.

Oh Dengar...

Deliah is good. Sugi is also quite decent. Zeb is a trained warrior and a brute. He takes a beating and keeps on going. I'm just curious how these two overpower him. Consider how many opponents he's beaten vs. the ones that actually got the drop on him. Unprepared and in the plaza, I don't see much help for these two.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm not voting against a prepared Padme in Theed.

But I'd love an argument in the Phasma/Fett match

21. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    *has all the time in the world while avoiding sports news*

Shim vs. Ania (prep)

Prep can help her not die in 2 secs, but Ania needed tons of help against a semi-rando bounty hunter in (New) Legacy 14 & 15. Shimrra's like...a lot better than that bounty hunter.

Fenn Shysa vs. Jace Malcom

I don't wanna take anything away from Jace, who comes off as a legit badass in those visually-stunning Old Republic trailers. This is an underrated matchup that would be a blast (no pun intended) to see get that trailer-like treatment.

But while less sexy (from a certain point of view, some of those old Marvel panels could get spicy!), Fenn counters Malcom's service time by fighting in campaigns from the Clone Wars to the Galactic Civil War to post-RotJ battles at Saijo and Mindor.

And I think he's got two clear advantages here:

1) Equipment-- without prep, all we see of Jace is with that heavy repeater and some standard trooper fare like a vibroblade and a thermal det (which makes sense, he basically exists in those trailers to show off the Trooper class for the game). Shysa meanwhile is armed to the teeth as Mandalore, with a wide variety of supercommando tools and weaponry at his disposal-- including the jetpack, which again can be wicked useful in this location.

2) Speaking of that trooper-ness, it's something Fenn has faced before...and again in a wide variety: clonetroopers all over the place (including Bly's troops at New Holstice), Galactic Marines in spacetrooper armor at New Bornalex, Imperial stormtroopers on Mandalore, meltmassif shadowtroopers at Mindor. We really only see Jace in snippets of battle against Sith-- which is impressive! Again not taking away from the dude. But Fenn's got way more experience in this exact type of throwdown, and while he can lean on that xp here he also can leverage his loadout to hit Jace with surprises.

Pre Vizsla vs. Padme (prep)

lmao this is so fun. Inty I respect the respect for Padme.

But as it stands (maybe Jordan1 can elaborate) I don't know what Padme's gonna do outside of booby trap the hell outta the place and be able to run around forever-- but Pre can jetpack above it all to take his shots. And if he can get it anywhere near a hand-to-hand fight it's over-- maybe a nod to plot armor lets the Queen knee Pre in the crotch or something, but the Darksaber will finish the job when her survival isn't assured to give birth to the twins.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    This is a fun match. I’ll work on something today.

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Sorry, been working quite a bit, so will try get something up tomorrow.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Still not voting against Padme on Theed. Plus, you reminded me, she's a mother of twins. Personal bias and all. I aint voting against her.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Rook Kast vs Cassian

Rook Kast was one of Maul’s lieutenants And was a trained Mandalorian who fought alongside Gar Saxon. She was also had Mandalorian armor and rockets and jet packs this would allow her easy movement. Cassian was much better at covert operations and would not be able to get Kast before she got him.

Bendak vs Durge

Bendak is known for his use of grenades and Durge like any life form does not do well with explosions so after chucking some of his handy plasma grenades at Durge he would just be a bunch of splatters on the walls.

Fenn Rau va Rae Sloane

Fenn Rau was a trained Mandalorian who had the protection of the Mandalorian armor as well as combat experience against the Empire and the Separatists. Rae Sloane while a survivor would not be able to penetrate Fenn’s armor and in any physical fight he would come out on top with his more experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.