main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Its for a Marvel: Iron Fist AU, it just feels like I should refer to the mystical Kingdom of Spiders, which lay somewhere in Nepalese Himalaya, by a Nepalese name instead of an English one.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have kiffars shown to have any specific way of speaking (as in dialect or use of specific words or idioms)?

tagging @Chyntuck who I know have done some works with kiffars

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    She's been MIA for a while. Hope she's OK!

Gamiel and brodiew like this.
  4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Agreed. I only just noticed this week, that it has been a while since she has been on.

Gamiel likes this.
  5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    As I recall her work had become pretty consuming.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Gamiel likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Oh, I had not noticed until you mentioned it. And now I feel a bit bad that I had not noticed.

Lets hope it's just that

Ewok Poet and brodiew like this.
  7. Snocone

Snocone Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 14, 2015
    Thank you! Diathim was pretty much exactly what I was looking for. :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  8. SonOfSkywalker_26

SonOfSkywalker_26 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2018
    Hey guys, so let me just get straight to business, I'm writing an alternate version of the Sequel Trilogy, and being a HUGE Legends fan, its going to focus more on the Skywalker family, i.e. its a real continuation to the Skywalker Saga that focuses on new members of Star Wars' First Family. So with that being said, allow me to say that Poe, Finn, and a Rey-esque character named Atia appear as well, only I'm not the "creative people" at Disney so I'm not afraid of introducing more new characters as well. Now, I already have Han and Leia's children lined up, Ben Solo/Kylo Ren will retain his role, Jacen Solo we'll be the primary male protagonist and Atia's love interest, and Jaina Solo we'll admittedly be more of a side character to Leia, but she'll become more important as the trilogy progresses, and when Leia dies, RIP (she might also end up with Poe or Finn, idk yet). Now, just because their are plenty of Skywalker's already doesn't mean Lukey boy's gonna be a 53 year old virgin (**** you JJ, Rian, and Kathleen, you did him dirty) like in the movies, in Legends Luke is a total player, and as most of you probably know, he end's up married to a hot ex-assassin and has a son with her, who turns out to be a pretty good egg. So I want Luke and Mara Jade to have been married in my story, but I want them separated by the time of my Episode VII (34 ABY, same as the movies), and I want Luke's son to be with his mother off-screen (or off-page, if you will). Since the name Ben is already taken, and I don't want to name him Anakin II, I decided to see what other fans think I should name the son of the great Luke Skywalker. To end things, let me just be upfront that the son will be a very, very minor character in 7-9, but if I ever decide to do a 10-12 (and I plan on setting up a Fourth Trilogy to write at some point), then he will undoubtedly be the main character of that storyline. So please, tell me what you think I should name him, try and give me something that's reasonable, and a plausible reason Luke would name his son that (oh and Owen's a no-go, I don't like the name, never have and never will).

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  10. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Rian Skywalker

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Literally anyone in Rogue Squadron, eg. Wedge.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Off the top of my head I got
    Wedge Skywalker
    Obi Wan Skywalker (a nice callback to legends) since his Son was named Ben
    Owen Skywalker
    Biggs Skywalker
    Think of people who have had big connections to Luke.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] I also like the idea of Owen or Biggs or Rian. :cool: Pretty please with lots of cherries, when you start posting, tag me. This is one fic I WANNA read. @};- [:D]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  14. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Looking to write something about a Prequel/Clone Wars-ish era Jedi youngling, is there anything Canon (because I'm sticking to Canon for this one) out there besides those couple of Clone Wars episodes of the younglings seeking their lightsaber crystals? Something that gives an idea of a Jedi youngling's daily life?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    It seems like there used to be easily findable instructions, but I have no idea how to do a spoilercut since the boards updated. It seems to have changed and I can't find a section in Help or anything that is up to date. Anyone have instructions? (Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but it's been relevant to both posting and reviewing. I'm getting tired of working around it because I'm too embarrassed to ask. :p )

Findswoman likes this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Mm. That's a point; where is that stuff.

Recommend going to Comms, and asking in the Post Technical Questions Thread: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...d-issues-here.50003162/page-119#post-55187980

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  17. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @Sith-I-5, thanks. :) I'll give that a try.

Let's see if this works

Edit: Yay, it does work! Thanks, I did find a link in that thread to an apparently updated set of BB codes. [face_dancing] Been forum searching in a lackadaisical fashion for months and no luck, but there it was.

Here, for anyone who was looking for the same thing: http://boards.theforce.net/help/bb-codes

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  18. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ooh, @Kahara , thanks so much for sharing that! I didn’t know about some of those at all—and it looks like maybe the HR tag is back in action...? Let’s see...

EDIT: Yes, it is! And all the people said, “hallelujah!” I guess I don’t have to have recourse to those silly centered “* * *” things anymore! :D

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Tarsier and Kahara like this.
  19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, I just noticed a line generated on one of my old RP posts, and I opened it up to see how I had created it, only to find the HR tags.

Maybe it only came back today!

Gives me hope for the titles edit issue.

Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I'm using a organisation similar to Firefly's Companion's Guild and I'm a bit uncertain what I should call them, should I use 'companion' or maybe 'courtesan' or maybe some other title? Any suggestions?

21. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Hey guys! I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm writing the story of ANH from Leia's perspectivew and I have some questions as to what she knows about, and what she doesn't.

1. Why does Leia leave the dice behind that Luke gives to her?
      Is it because she knows they're not real, because she drops them or forgets them, because she didn't want them to keep reminding her, because she left them for Ben to find, or because there were two pairs, one was real (the one Leia has) and one was fake (the one Kylo has) I’m leaning towards the last one, because I don't want Han’s lucky dice sitting in an old Jedi hut on some old Jedi island rotting away forever
    2. How much does Leia know about Scarif?
      I know she was there, but ANH starts about an hour or so after the end of R1, how much would they tell her? and did she know Cassian? Had she ever met Jyn? Does she know that Director Krennic was killed? Does she even know who Director Krennic was? Did she watch the Scarif base be destroyed? Because that would greatly affect her actions in the moments before Alderaan’s destruction.
    3. Was this Leia’s first mission?
      Bail and Mon’s conversation in R1 suggests that Mon is unsure of whether Leia is capable of such an important mission. Is it because she is so young? Because she has previously failed a mission? Is it because it is Leia’s first mission? First important mission? Does Mon even know who he has chosen for the mission? Did he choose her? Did she choose her?
    4. Is Captain Antilles a relative of the Organa family?
      In The Phantom Menace, Bail Antilles of Alderaan is elected for something. (I forget exactly what) I used to think Bail Antilles, and Bail Organa were the same person, but Bail would only have been about twenty years old, and I think he joined the senate later, after his father resigned. Does that mean his Father-in-law? Bail Organa's wife, Breha Organa, is an Antilles. Is Bail Antilles Breha’s father? Is it a coincidence that Bail Organa has the same name as his Father-in-law? Breha Antilles is Alderaanian. Bail Antilles is Alderaanian. Raymus Antilles is Alderaanian. Wedge Antilles is Corellian? Does Wedge have any relationship to the other Antilles’s? Is Wedge Raymus’s son? Leia's cousin? Is Raymus Breha’s brother? Is he Leia’s uncle?
    5. Does Leia know she is force sensitive?
      In ROTJ Leia does not seem to know that she is force sensitive, although in some other movies, and in many canon books, Leia uses the force seemingly without her knowledge. Does she suspect something, does it interest her? Is she afraid of it? Is she thankful for it? Has she ever inquired about it? If she did, what would her father have said to her? Forget it? It's nothing? You're imagining things? :) it's dangerous? Never tell anyone? In Leia: Princess of Alderaan, by Claudia Gray, Leia uses the force several times. She uses the force to save her boyfriend's life, and she also uses it in shooting practice. She uses it in ESB when she hears Luke calling to her, and she also uses it in ROTJ and TFA and TLJ. You could argue that she uses it in ANH, but since it was not yet established that she was force sensitive, they did not make it obvious. She sorta uses it in ROTS. When Padmé dies, she starts screaming, because she sensed it. Has she not some idea at least that she has special powers? She uses the force in every movie, and almost every book, and that is only a fraction of her life. She must be curious.
    6. Did Leia always know that she was adopted?
      According to some sources, yes according to other sources, no. She, knows when she is sixteen, but I don't know when she found out.

Thank for any suggestions or answers you have.

22. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Try looking here, it has some information about the different clans and stuff.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_youngling

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    @teamhansolo - Welcome along.

Scarif was not Leia's first mission.

In Return of the Jedi, she says she never knew her mother, so at some point, she learned that she was adopted.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Yes, but personally I would tell you to ignore it since I don't find it so good and much of it feels more like somebody writing about a Earth boarding school and/or to give reasons to have the youngling in the story angsting.

EDIT: if you want to use the canon information and can get you hands on it so would I recommend taking a look at the Jedi Path book it is supposed to be an in-universe "school book" for jedi youngling

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  25. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    OK thanks. I actually do have it so that in my story during her interrogation on the DS she has some force-induced visions, one of which she sees the scene with Anakin and Padme where she says "Hold me like you did by the lake on Naboo, when there was no war, no politics....." I might even have her subconsciously tell Han to hold her because of this.

Oh and BTW I forgot to mention, it's not just ANH it is all the movies.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018