main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I just watched "Batman Ninja" on the recommendation of one of you.

. . .

. . .

2. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I watched Batman: Return Of The Caped Crusaders

It was a lot of fun. The animation looked great. I obtained it used, on blu ray, for $2.
    Looking forward to watching it again soon.

I also rewatched Justice League for about the 5th time. Love that movie. [face_peace]

BigAl6ft6, heels1785 and PCCViking like this.
  3. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I just.

Sorry to harp on this, but I so fundamentally fail to understand what happened to me yesterday. This thing was aggressively premised as being about Batman's travel to feudal Japan. The whole novelty was in seeing how a story would be transformed by a new social and historical context. Naturally, then, it made sense to be subjected to two hours of giant mecha anime robots, and spirit godzillas.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Stop letting your friends dictate what you watch. Next time, suggest a visit to Chuck E. Cheese instead.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  5. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    That wasn’t friends. That was me. Because someone on these forums said it was good.

[face_plain]

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes, as Ryu Hayabusa showed us many years ago, that is the traditional greeting of a ninja...

"..."

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ssp and i are really the only ones who discuss the animated movies much, and since he hated it, and i didn't, i fear it might have been me.

in which case, most honourable wock:

[​IMG]

Diggy likes this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Your endorsement was hardly glowing. This ones on wocky.

Even if you did love it, it would still be on him for having the poor judgment of listening to you about DC.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It's fine by me if anyone wants to believe that WB/DC did not do Zack Snyder dirty, according to the May 22, 2017 Hollywood Reporter posted above, which notes Snyder completed a rough cut of Justice League and:

"...wanted to add additional scenes, so he brought Whedon on board to write them... it has to adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set."​

After watching Justice League, it's obivous that Joss Whedon just did not simply write and add additional scenes, but change the narrative and tone of the film and it definitely did not "adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set." Thus, you have fans demanding for the "Snyder Cut" of Justice League, as Snyder continuing discusses his vision of the film on his social media account.

As recently as of April of this year, Jay Oliva tweeted that Snyder intended for Superman to have a five movie arc:

So, perhaps WB/DC and Zack Synder departed on "amicable" terms as reported by The Hollywood Reporter. However, Justice League is not the film that Zack Snyder intended it to be as it did not "adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set." The studio has been well noted for interfering with the director visions of the DCEU films, such as the theatrical cut of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice; the recut version of Suicide Squad; and almost with Wonder Woman wanted to cut the "No Man's Land" scene from the film. Since the debut of Batman v. Superman, the studio has been trying to change the narrative of the DCFU from dark and dire to be more hopeful and optimistic as noted in a Wall Street Journal interview with studio executives, Geoff Johns and Jon Berg:

So, in the light of Batman v. Superman poor critical reviews (and even fans petitioned for Snyder to be fired), WB/DC wanted Justice League to be more bright and hopeful; especially Superman, which Henry Cavill noted was not the case in the earlier films in an with The Rake magazine:

And since it was appearant that Justice League did not adhere the tone and template that Snyder set, it was viewed as a "Frankenstein" film as noted in this The Warp article:
    How ‘Justice League’ Became a ‘Frankenstein’ (Exclusive):

So, while some believe in that May 22, 2017 report by "The Hollywood Reporter" and think the studio did right by Zack Snyder and kept to his vision and style, I just don't feel that way. The final result of Justice League, executives departing the studio and Zack Snyder sharing his version/visions of his DCFU films (supported by Jay Oliva) paints a picture of the studio cutting up his vision/tone into "a Frankenstein" type of film and therefore did not "adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set."

Since the poor showing of "Zack Snyder's Justice League," those in charge of the Zack-verse have departed "amicably" with the studio as noted in the articles in the following hyperlinks: the departures of Jon Berg, Greg Silverman, Diane Nelson and Geoff Johns. and replaced with the promoting of Walter Hamada and Toby Emmerich.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Now I am really rooting for James Wan and Aquaman.

11. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    WW84 taking a page out of the classic Ben-Hur playbook:

2000 is definitely a lot in the CGI age but in fairness to those old epic classics, it's a fraction of what they used. I believe The Ten Commandments used well over 10K extras in some scenes. Should still be an awesome scene though.

12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    2000 Amazon warriors? Well, I guess I know where I'll be vacationing in late summer.

Seriously, this is as close as any of us will ever get to Themyscira in the real world and I, for one, look forward to serving the new world order of Amazon warrior queens. ^:)^^:)^^:)^

@Lord Vivec shall we split the cost of a room?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I have enough of an Amazon at home; I don't think she'd like competition. ;)

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

They've been film Shazam! for a while now, so it won't be a surprise if there's some sort of teaser for the film at SDCC. However, it maybe only exclusive to the folks in attendance in Hall H, as that was the case for Aquaman last year. However, I would expect WB/DC to release the Aquaman trailer on the net at the same time it drop at SDCC.

Gal Gadot and some kind of teaser footage for Wonder Woman 1984 is expected for SDCC as well. I hope they release some concept art of Cheetah. I'm really curious to see the design/adaptation of the character. I would expect it to be the more modern version of the character, rather than Barbara in a cheetah costume. I really like the Justice League: Doom version of Cheetah.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    DC Universe Streaming Service Reveals Full Lineup, Comics Reader & Store

And speaking of the live action Titans series,
    Live-Action Titans Unveils First Full-Body Robin Photo

[​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Read the Entertainment Weekly article on Aquaman and James Wan elaborated on the "no bubble talk" in Aquaman and straight up said "People are overthinking it! They're just gonna talk!!"

So now I wanna know how does the Bubble Talk in Justice League work now? As a privacy shield?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    That's a cool Robin.

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    More like they're just going to ignore that.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I concur. It's very close to the Arkham video game version. Certain a huge improvement over the 60's version as well as the Batnipple version.

[​IMG]

20. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Hopefully that's just all a smoke screen and McQuarrie will be announced as director of Man of Steel 2 at SDCC in about two weeks. He would be one of the directors that would bring excitement and buzz to a proper Man of Steel sequel, especially since Matthew Vaughn is apparently out of the running with his involvement with Millar World and Netflix projects.

The news for the DC streaming service is getting me closer and closer to signup for a subscription.

DOOM PATROL: New Breakdown For Crazy Jane Describes Her As A "Harley Quinn-Esque Character"

TITANS Star Minka Kelly Teases A Realistic Take On Hawk & Dove And Confirms Her Character Can't Fly

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I love seeing this. Gal, RDJ, Reynolds, Pratt, Bale, and so many others visiting and lifting the spirits of these kids - and going in uniform has got to be extra special. This was Friday at Inova Children's Hospital in Virginia.

[​IMG]

As a side note, this young one also made a particularly great choice in blankets.

23. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I saw more pictures of Gal Gadot in her Wonder Woman costume visiting other sick kids. That's so awesome!

In regards to Birds of Prey, it's a safe play by WB/DC and has been development talks for about a year or so, and so no real surprise about it. However, I am interested to see if Batgirl or Oracle appears in the film, or perhaps both since there have been different incarnations of Batgirl since Barbara became Oracle. Black Canary has to be part of the film and I'm hoping Huntress, as the CW DCTV was done all that well.

Additionally, I'm wondering if Harley will be part of the team, hired gun or the antagonist for the film. I'm glad to hear that Harley will have a different look for the movie as I really didn't David Ayer's take on the character.

25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I wager that Batgirl will most likely be Cassandra Cain, since that frees up Barbara to be Oracle and having Cass will add some diversity to the film. Plus, it falls in line with the films that are interconnected.