main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Me too!! I´m very curious about her next steps... will she be able to return to the Inquisitorius? We know she doesn´t get her revenge on the Sixth Brother, and she is most likely considered dead by Vader. I think there may be hints of her continuing on her own in the war zone that is Mon Cala now (still, the fighting is over). Could she pull an Adalric Brandl and be the first (canon) Inquisitor to go rogue?

Fallen Jedi Master and Jarrus like this.
  2. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    I assume she is where Maul get's his lightsaber from.

3. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    interesting theory also i wonder if the inquisitors also capture Jedi to put them into their ranks like how the legends inquisitors did it

Ithorians and kalzeth like this.
  4. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Recently I found an article on wookiepedia speaking of an Inquisitor depicted on Star Wars: Uprising as hunting down and defeating 4 Jedi Knights, even killing, apparently, two of them in the same confrontation. I got curious about it, since apparently this individual hasn´t been identified yet. Is there anyone familiar with this game and this particular storyline?

Jarrus and kalzeth like this.
  5. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    The Jedi in question were just padawans not knights. Characters in-game refer to this inquisitor as a monster.

6. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    was it stated that they were Padwanes i don't remmber that being stated

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  7. Jarrus

Jarrus Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2018
    Yeah, they where quite in the old side of the spectrum if they were padawans, though, by the looks of them. When where they hunted? if it was close to 0 BBY it would make sense...

Ithorians likes this.
  8. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Interesting reading! still, I would say that even if they were padawans, we get a good piece of concrete evidence on how dangerous an Inquisitor could be when facing a prey devoided of plot armor.

The monster reference can be either a physical or psycological analogy, probably both. Still, Fifth Brother could fit it quite well... or could this be one of the Inquisitors we haven´t met yet?

Jarrus likes this.
  9. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    The Grand Inquisitor would also qualify as a monster.

10. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Absolutely... and Eighth too, with his apparent tendency for maiming people with his built-in buzzsaw! They all seem to be pretty monstrous people, which makes Vader beyond terrible, seeing that he controlled the Inquisitorius through fear...

Jarrus likes this.
  11. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    True they were all monsters in there own ways. i also agree it does show that they can kill Jedi when said Jedi don't have plot armor. also i think that's way the inquisitor is marked unknown do to it not being reveal if it is a inquisitor we have seen yet or have not seen at all
    indeed i don't know what time that happen.

Ithorians likes this.
  12. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Do you think any of them survived to join the First Order?

13. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    So i can't wait for the next Darth Vader issue i wonder if we will get introduce to a new inquisitor

podjazd likes this.
  14. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    Next issue is a oneshot of Tarkin and Vader.

15. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    oh well thats fine i mean a little have Darth Vader and Tarkin time won't hurt me still can't wait

16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I don't think so. And they wouldn't fit with the FO anyways in my opinion.

But I would like to see Luke go against them during the OT era or right after ROTJ, or both.

17. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    agreed i would love to see them around during the OT year and fight Luke

Darth Dnej likes this.
  18. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I remember a rumor back to the times when TFA was in development that said that there would be a scene in the movie where Vader would have summoned his Inquisitors, and he would give them instructions that would help explain the antagonists actions in the movie. A kind of flashback to help understand their motivations. I remember being very excited by the notion, and being very disappointed that the only scene remotely close to this that we ended up having was a 4 seconds flashback with no dialogue.

The Knights of Ren still don´t really have a backstory yet. That was a pretty good chance of giving some interesting continuity to what was presented in the OT/Rebels. I do hope they get their chance in Ep. IX, even if the connection with the Inquisitors seems a little far fetched now...

19. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    You know what i just realized that both Legends and Canon had jedi like Dress, Jax and Kanan who had plot armor who would survived throw there stories and live longer then other Order 66 survivors. Where other jedi if they were for a one off Purge issue would die in that one appreance and canon is doing that as well as with the Darth Vader comics swries went now where he's hunting Jedi down so really it was more have plot armor then the Inquisitors being weak

Darth Dnej likes this.
  20. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    As much as I enjoy that the Inquisitorious exists and isn't done being explored, I have a lot of issues with how the new canon is handling them.
    1. They're all aliens. Surely the pro-human Empire has at least one human inquisitor.
    2. They were dumped completely in Rebels with only a few small mentions after S2. In fact, they may be completely wiped out after Malachor. In Legends, several of them survived past Endor.
    3. None of them seem skilled, or their opponents have plot armor.

kalzeth likes this.
  21. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    i see your problems lets see shall we
    I am sure there are Inquisitor humans somewhere, we just have to wait, also weren't people not happy that there weren't that many alien inquisitors in Legends, also i found it interesting that all of them all aliens, but i do belive there is at least one human inquisitor we have not seen

we will have too wait i am hoping that some survived Endor this is way we have retcons for a reason am i right

Not so true in the game Star Wars uprising a unknown Inquisitor killed four Jedi off scene so they can kill Jedi and in the Darth Vader comics we found out Jedi Master Dibbs is the Tenth Brother who was very skilled as Mace Window said. even throw he dies very early, it shows that Jedi Masters can become Inquisitors, so there not as weak as we think. also it's been said in-universe they been doing a good time, so there are stories and adventures we have not seen yet

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  22. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Human Inquisitor with a name rhyming with Lara Cade, perhaps? ;)

(One can always hope).

kalzeth likes this.
  23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    • Filoni: The Inquisitor's lightsaber is sort of like a "cheat mode": it does automatically (twirling the double-blades) what the full-Sith Darth Maul could do on his own (with his bare hands), which is subtly meant to imply that he isn't as highly trained as Darth Maul was - because he isn't actually a full "Sith".

• Asked how the Inquisitor is not a Sith, Hidalgo points out that "Dark Side users" are not automatically "Sith", and do not automatically have that skill level. As an example, Hidalgo points out that Ezra is a "Light Side user" and he's training to be a Jedi, but it would be incorrect to formally call him "a Jedi", because a "Jedi Knight" is a specific rank and power level that an adept has to achieve (after advancing through Youngling and Padawan apprentice stages). He explains that while the Emperor and Vader (both full Sith) are spreading out some of their Dark Side skills and training, the Inquisitor is a "lower class of underling" that they don't want to give equal power to.
    http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Rebels_Recon

@Darth Dnej is correct, not even the GI is considered skilled, also explains how Vader easily defeated him, largely due to the trick lightsaber heavy reliance.A weakness they made a plot armored Kanan figure out and exploit during the Season One Finale when he defeats the GI.

kalzeth likes this.
  24. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    but what i am saying is that people think they can't do the one job and that Darth Vader and The Emperor just keep them around to be losers. in reality they have been doing good in-universe. i am shock that we are still staying there still weak after the reveal of the Tenth Brother was Dibbs clearly this happen after Rebels so they most likely at the time weren't planing on having a Jedi master as a Inquisitor at the time

25. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Wonder if Pong krell would have become an inquisitor-if he had survived umbara that is

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018