main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    @Chyntuck Fantastic to hear from you, and to know that all you need is sleep, and more sleep.

Very well done, processing all those cases.

Awesome effort, and a pretty good reward!

If news stories are to be believed, at world famous Formula One racing team, McLaren, all you would have gotten is a 25pence 'Freddo' chocolate bar.

1/07 - Painfully infected leg, and unexpectedly ran out of anti-biotics on Saturday. Thought I had two more boxes, but they turned out to be painkillers.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Chyntuck and Lady_Misty like this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Staycations can be the best!! And camping is usually a lot of fun!!

I'm going to Atlanta at the end of this month, but it's not for a vacation. I'm going to a training summit for the medical disaster team I'm on. 10 hour training days so not much time to do anything else. But looking at the possible class list, I'm pretty excited.

@Sith-I-5 - Ouch! I hope you leg feels better soon!

Lady_Misty and Sith-I-5 like this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My staycation is camping out in front of the air conditioner. We planned to attend an airshow today, but my boys decided standing in an open area with no shade and staring up into the sky in 100 degree weather didn't sound like fun...even if it was the Blue Angels performing.

4. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Bah, my boss has gone crazy on me and threatens to move me from my job to ...I have no idea. At the same time she claims that she can hardly run the business without me, and even though she's blaming me for being rude to my colleagues she cannot give any examples of situations where it has happened. (Which doesn't surprise me, as there are none...) And she is varying between being "all smiley face" and "furious" at me without any good reasons.

And for good measure, it's not only me that have that perception. I have seen my colleagues raising their eyebrows in surprise when she's been yelling at me. Good thing - I don't yell back, but actually I've begun to feel bullied. [face_not_talking]

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Your boss sounds very contradictory, @CaraJinn . :confused:

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Sith-I-5 -- ow! :eek: And @Jedi_Lover that is also my idea of the ideal camping trip -- [face_laugh] being inside with the AC cranked. :p

@CaraJinn -- [:D] I mean this and am not being flippant but your boss sounds like she needs to be on a prescribed mood stabilizer. :eek:

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Story of my life right now. We had heavy rain in June (whoever said that the monsoon is a season in India?) but since I'm on holiday it's been hot and humid pretty much all the time.

Thanks for the warm welcome back, everyone :)

Speaking of the monsoon, we managed to go and see Sting in concert in the Roman theatre at the foot of the Acropolis last week. There was such a huge thunderstorm that the concert was delayed by a couple of hours, and then this happened.

Other than that, going by the to-do list I posted a few days back:

1. Sleep: partially done.

2. Hugs to the family: done.

3. Antiracist festival as a regular audience member: done. (I actually stayed in the food court all. the. time. and ate about 2 kg of Kurdish falafel.)

4. Feeding the cats: done, but I need to get pics too. My little kittens are so, so cute! *melts*

5. Checking my alerts: done, although I saw only the most recent ones since they "run out" after a while.

6. Checking my PMs: not done yet, but hopefully tonight.

@Sith-I-5 I hope you're feeling better now [:D]

Oh, and I saw the cover art and the excerpt for the new Thrawn novel. Why do we have to wait until 24 July? *bounces around giddily*

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Sting is one concert I would like to have attended @Chyntuck. That is such a cool venue to see him.
    I know! I pre-ordered the book. It would be great if Zahn somehow sneaks in a Mara Jade cameo. ;)

9. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Well, she seems to have calmed down a bit after I mentioned that this constant yelling at me was a bit tiresome, and that it began to resemble bullying. Our policy is a bit strict when it comes to that, and I know another co-worker has accused her for the same, some time ago. (She told me herself.)

I believe I can take constructive criticism as well (or bad) as anyone else, but I demand to know what I have done wrong before I accept being accused for bad behavior. It's hard to improve when you don't know what you've done.

She even blamed me for lack of enthusiasm. Well, after working a mix of 9-10 hours days and 16 hour days as I've mentioned before I have been too exhausted to fake any enthusiasm for even more work...

So, that was the evening's blow out. Sometimes it's good just to complain a bit. [face_whistling]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    YESYESYES! [face_laugh] [face_love]

Chyntuck likes this.
  11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, the mention of "Bullying", hostile work environment or HR can cool down the biggest bully. I have a coworker that likes to yell. He is not mad, he is not yelling at any particular person, he just talks and bitches about stuff very enthusiastically. He will yell for me to do something as a joke. He likes to see people squirm and then say, "I'm just joking." Every time he does it to me I say with a big smile, "Oh wow, this is starting to feel like a hostile work environment. Maybe I should call HR." Of course he laughs and offers to give me their phone number. He is a lot of hot air fortunately and has no authority over me other than he has seniority.

Funny story. A young female coworker was on the phone with a social worker concerning a patient. My loud coworker comes into the department yelling about some person who pissed him off. He was livid. The social worker obviously heard the commotion over the phone and says to the female coworker in all seriousness, "Are you in a safe place? Should I call someone."

12. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    I hope she quoted that part of the phone call to "Mr. Loudspeaker". [face_rofl]

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I'm not sure if she told him, but she told somebody because the story was flying around the department.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    J_L - I worked with a burn Fellow one year and we had a running joke about respiratory always being late to things. So when they'd call me to come pick up my patient, as soon as I got in the OR he'd start in with "Well thank goodness respiratory decided to show up. We've been waiting on you," or something like that. I'd always come as soon as I was able after they called and he knew that, and usually they weren't ready when I got there anyway. He had one of those dry voices that you have to know him to know he was joking, otherwise it sounds kinda mean.

He did that one time and I don't think I said anything, just stuck out my tongue or something. Well a few minutes later one of the nurses pulls me aside and apologizes and says it wasn't okay for him to talk to me that way and she'd go with me to report him. I thanked her because there are some doctors (surgeons) who are verbally abusive and need to be reported, but that he and I just had a running joke. I told him we both needed to make sure other people knew we were joking or he was going to get in trouble.

And now it's July, the most annoying time to work in a teaching hospital in the U.S... new residents and fellows. [face_plain]

16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Reminds me of one time back in high school - I worked primarily with 2 scribes/TAs and I had a very good, joking relationship with them both. I was one of only two physically disabled students at my high school and both he and I are very sarcastic, witty people, so the TAs particularly enjoyed working with us because we provided a nice change of work (as compared to the other special needs students, most of who had behavioural issues along with their intellectual disabilities). Anyways, one day we are both getting some scribing done and we are just giving the TAs a hard time. I was doing math or physics or something so "No, you are doing it wrong, you have to plot the graph like *this*", and he was doing Biology so he was having his scribe draw something and he was telling her she was drawing it wrong. They weren't, they knew they weren't (because they were our scribes for those classes) and they knew we were just being pains in the ass (because that is what we did), So my TA slams the pencil down and told me "Fine then! You do it yourself." Of course, me being me, I told her "fine" and I did.

Anyways turns out there was a substitute special ed teacher and none of us knew because we only occasionally used the special ed room. The sub reported the 2 TAs, but when the vice principal realized it was us, he just laughed.

This is the same vice principal, who my senior class tormented RELENTLESSLY. He was bald, so we made it a thing when university admissions were due to try to rub his head for luck.

And that is tales from Briannakin's high school. I wasn't a bad kid. I was smart so I was just annoying.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Kahara, mavjade and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    The hottest it got today while we traveled an hour away from home and back was 93F and we celebrated when it dropped into the 80sF.

We're almost ready for the Fourth; I forgot to pick up Brats today but I'll do it when we pick up Dany, Chibi and Dany's boy friend (it was 100F at one woman's house that lives in the same area as Dany.

Kahara likes this.
  18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah, when I took the dog out this morning it was 80F feels like 85, and I was so happy because it was sooo much cooler than yesterday!

I had to take Admiral out for like 3 hours yesterday while a guy came to fix our A/C, and while we both had plenty of water and were sitting in the shade by the river, it was still oppressively humid and hot. I ended up getting a migraine last night, I think because I got over heated.

Happy Independence Day to the my fellow Americans!! [face_flag]

We're going to do our annual 4th festivities: Watch the movies 1776 and Independence Day then we are going to a dinner theater to see a concert version of 1776 (it's a musical). This is the third year we're going to the concert and it's always been great! Even though it's a show with a ton of old white dudes, they mix it up and have different races and genders. I know this year there are at least 3 women in mens roles. :D

19. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    How very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahara and Lady_Misty like this.
  20. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, it's about the Continental Congress, so old white dudes are a given. Funny show & great music. If they're mixing it up with the casting, even better.

Me, I'm fighting through a nasty summer headcold that has sapped all my energy, so I will probably spend the day in bed, napping.

Kahara and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  21. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Spent the 4th of July at the beach in Rhode Island. Crowded but a great time. Back to the beach tomorrow to see the fireworks!

Happy summer everyone!

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
  23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    It was a great concert of 1776 last night. One of the roles that is usually played by a guy that was played by a woman did the most powerful rendition of the song I've ever heard. It's a really sad song about soldiers in the war dying called "Momma, Look Sharp." It's usually a very quiet song, and she started that way, but then belted the middle section and returned to quiet at the end and wow... it gave me chills and made me cry.

Yeah, it makes perfect sense that it's a bunch of old white dudes because... they were. But it's nice to see some diversity in casting for something like this.

24. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Enjoyed the annual firework display but we did have some panic because James didn't set the garden hose up correctly so when he tugged on it he knocked over a tiki torch into his mother's overgrown flower garden but we managed to put out the fire but Lauren over compensated by putting out nearly all the other tiki torches (it didn't help either that James tends to tune Lauren out when she shouts at him and she was one of the loudest voices telling him to stop/he was going to knock a tiki torch over)

25. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Is there a place to ask for writing prompts?