main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Film Made You Join TFN?

Discussion in 'Archive: Anniversary Forum' started by LAJ_FETT , Jul 3, 2018.

?

What Film Made You Join TFN?

1. ANH

5.0%
  2. ESB

2.2%
  3. RoTJ

1.4%
  4. TPM

25.2%
  5. AOTC

18.7%
  6. RoTS

18.0%
  7. TFA

24.5%
  8. TLJ

2.2%
  9. RO

0.7%
  10. SOLO

2.2%
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    As the title says - what is the film that got you started here? With me it was AOTC - I lurked for a bit but then signed up. It was finding out that Jango Fett was going to be in it that did it.

2. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    AOTC made me a lurker and ROTS made me a poster.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I joined long after ROTS was out, but before the Disney sale was announced.

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I joined in '08, so I guess my tenure most closely aligns with the RotS/ Clone Wars movie (though I didn't find out about that until after I had joined the boards).

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  5. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    I first joined to discuss the Sifo Dyas subplot after Attack Of The Clones hit.

I created a new user to join The Last Jedi conversation.

6. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    AotC, I suppose. I know I was a regular TFN visitor prior to AotC (I wanted all the spoilers), but I don't recall particularly lurking on the forums. I also don't particularly recall join the forums either so I can't say for certain exactly what it was that pushed me to join. I probably just wanted to ensure I could learn as much of Episode III as early possible, probably. Or, I was pretty deep into the EU at that point. It might have been more about keeping on top of NJO.

Either way, I've never been incredibly active as a poster, but I've always at least been hanging around and reading even when I'm not particularly active.

7. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I actually originally joined TFN due to the release of Shatterpoint back in 2003. Never posted much and forgot my username years ago, though.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I joined in 1977 right after ANH, but there was nobody here, no such thing as a World Wide Web, and also I wasn’t born then.

So then I waited until after TPM and joined in 2000.

9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    It actually wasn't a movie but the prospect of pacifist Mandalorians in the Clone Wars TV show that first brought me here.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    TPM. AS if that film didn't cause enough hardship.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Ye Olde Phantom Menace.

That's right... I registered because of The Phantom Menace. If you didn't despise that film before...

Edit: ninja'd by D-Ignant

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Hmm...well I used to read the boards back during the PT and I'm 90% sure I had an account that I can't remember the name of or what email I used, but it was really Rebels and TFA that got me to create this account and become an active member.

RavagerFish and Diggy like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I joined due to TCW and not a film.

pronker, Darkslayer, Snafu55 and 3 others like this.
  14. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I joined to discuss the expanded universe. Originally in '00. I came back in '12 for the same reason. The email I used back in '00 no longer exists so I thought I needed a new account, but later I realized it still works. I like my new username better, so I stuck with this one.

Etav Byx likes this.
  15. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  16. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    The Force Awakened My Need To Join

Master_Lok and KSennia like this.
  17. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I was lurking for years, but signed up when Disney took over and the ST was announced.

B3 likes this.
  18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i started lurking to read aotc spoilers, registered my original username in feb '02 because i felt compelled to ask some inane question which i've now completely forgotten. the rest is history... the history of how i've completely wasted a solid chunk of my life. oh god.

20. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I joined up in ... oh I dunno... 2002. (under a different username, something with Yoda in the name, I believe.) It was after a couple of years of just lurking that I finally decided to join. I remember the main site in the late 90s/early 00s had this "interactive" "3D" menu system of Coruscant all done in art deco-ness, where you could enter different 'rooms' via a door way. It was almost game like, point and click. Wonder where that all went to? You guys should bring that back for the anniversary! Man, the early internet was strange. Actually, it still is. haha.

This place felt a little daunting to be honest, but yeah, I needed a place to chat about EP 2 theories and look at those weird cropped/rotated weekly pics that LFL would put up and everyone would debate for hours.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Knight Quest. :D
    I first joined in the late 90s, in the lead-up to TPM, but as I remember it, I joined because I saw the first trailer for the fan film Knight Quest and wanted to discuss it with fellow SW fans. Unfortunately, I can't remember my original username here though.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I joined the temp boards with the same username but didn't really become an active member until the Disney sale. I wasn't even intending to stay very long. I just wanted to share in the excitement for a bit. Now I'm a mod so I guess that plan didn't work out too well. :p

I also lurked some during the prequels but as far as I remember never actually signed up.

Bardan_Jusik and TCF-1138 like this.
  23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It's been so long. I lurked here from time to time and I wanted to talk AOTC, so I picked that but maybe I think I had to finally sign up to post in the 3SA so it might have been ROTS. I don't know. Either answer is bad just like Star Wars.

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Even though I technically registered right in between TPM and AOTC it was the announcement of Episode II being titled "Attack of the Clones" that got me to post here regularly. I remember finding out that that was the title and knew I had to see this place's reaction to it.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Also I feel obligated to add that while I found TFN itself due to TPM (specifically looking for info on scenes left on the cutting room floor), I joined the JC specifically to discuss the then-ongoing New Jedi Order novels.