main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Resistance

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the most we've heard about anime was the press released that called it "anime influenced", so I'm wondering how divergent from that is the animation "house style" we've seen in Clone Wars and Rebels. They're both reallllly similar (sort of like how all of Matt Groening animation projects look the same) but they do have differences. I'm wondering if Resistance will still look like Clone Wars/Rebels or just be completely different. I would hope that it looks in the CW/Rebels wheelhouse cuz it would be kinda jarring to jump to a pretty extremely different animation look but I don't mind if it's anime influenced.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The title logo thing they showed did make me think more of anime than TCW or Rebels did, but that's a ridiculously low amount of information to go by.

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    First look at Star Wars Resistance.

4. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    So... Cardinal or Praetorian for that red guy?

Also doesn't seem like any crossover from the Poe comic cast. Like the ship design, though... very Chris Foss. A bit of the Crossfire from Legacy, too.

5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    That's what I thought as well!

Needs more diversity with non-humans if the characters in the background are all of the main cast. Of course, we've seen almost nothing so far, so maybe there will be a greater diversity than this.

6. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I doubt there will be any crossover from the Poe comic as far as the main cast goes. Guest stars, maybe, but there's no indication that they're related stories except insofar as both being about the Resistance (which, TBF, is admittedly supposed to be a pretty small organization.

Cool ship design.

7. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I dislike the animation tbh

8. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Did you mean to say the art style?

RavagerFish likes this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Guys I'm squinting here help me out -- do any of those characters look like either Barriss or San Hill? I need to know for a uh friend.

10. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Well, one of 'em's got a skinny head, but I'm pretty sure that's just the art style.

11. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    That's a 10-negative on the worlds greatest banker.

12. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    I'm looking at this edit of the photo and wondering what species that green-skinned alien behind Kazuda is. (Can't tell, of course, just idly wondering.) A Rodian maybe, or a Nikto? Or a new species, which I'd also welcome.

I like how the stormies look in that art style. :nttrooper::)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    RaptorMusic likes this.
  13. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Please Filoni, don't make our main lead force sensitive.

Would be a nice change of pace from the force sensitive leads of the last two animated series.

Even if none of the main cast is force sensitive, im still positive that a lightsaber is going to show up sometime. It's hard to picture them doing a star wars series without a single saber igniting.

Perhaps this series could have a plotline exploring how Maz had possession of Anakins saber.

Also as Vader was given a few appearances in Rebels, Kylo Ren should show up once in a while. If he does, I would love if he hasn't yet bleed/cracked his crystal, still using his blue saber for evil.

It will probably never happen, but I wish Mark could reprise his role as Luke Skywalker in a small appearance. Not in the current year of the show because Luke is now Jake for 6yrs and with no contact outside of Skellig Michael, but getting a flashback or two instead. More so then what TCW did in their brief few flashbacks. Maybe as a cameo in some kind of prologue opening of the 1st episode.

Barriss_Coffee and kalzeth like this.
  15. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Okay, since I'm SURE somebody is going to come out with this sooner or later, I gotta ask:
    anyone think the Resistance guy furthest on the left is a Bothan?

:p

Barriss_Coffee and kalzeth like this.
  16. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Yes. It looks like Ben 10 and I DON'T like it

17. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Looks like nikto to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    The first thing that comes to my mind is a Kalleran, the species in the Kanan comic. Probably a new alien though.

vncredleader likes this.
  19. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    The Bothans are such a big species from the movies, I think it's inevitable that they will show up in a movie eventually. And because of that, I think it's very unlikely we will see a Bothan in spinoff material until the art design team for the hypothetical Rogue Two or whatever settles on their live action look.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

The French convention those pics came from translated into this

@ DauvinPauline "#StarWarsResistance, the new animated series of #LucasFilm will arrive in October on #DisneyXD, a series that is resolutely action-oriented and humorous with the strong presence of # BB8." # RDVDisney2018

I find it interesting it says Action-oriented and humorous....Star Wars Underworld Podcast has a good fan theory that this show will be less of a 'drama' and more of a comedy oriented show aiming for a younger audience. It be interesting to see how this show is marketed and see if they try to make the show Clone Wars 2.0 or go for a more light hearted younger approach.

kalzeth likes this.
  21. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    It sounds like it's going to be similar to Rebels in that case...more lighthearted adventure fare for kids.

22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

And remember people there is nothing wrong with that :D

DarkEagle likes this.
  23. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    The Rebels model seems like a perfectly followable one - my only concern in this regard is that it be at a higher level than FoD or, god forbid, the Join the Resistance books.

Edit:
    Also, no way do I think that's actually a Bothan - I'm just joking about the tendency of fans to guess that any new alien which even vaguely resembles one of the 600 EU Bothan designs is the new canon Bothans. That said, while what Steve brought up has been officially declared by TPTB in the past, if Resistance is meant to be at a Rebels or TCW level of prominence I do think it's got better odds of being the place where canon Bothans finally get defined than a novel or comic, at least.

Revanfan1 and kalzeth like this.
  24. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    At this point I'm not holding out hope for Bothans ever making an appearance in any Star Wars media ever. No one at Lucasfilm apparently gives a **** about them.

There is a possibility that the whole of the Bothan race was massacred by the Empire during and after the plot to get the second Death Star plans. So Resistance may not be the place for them.

Also, nothing wrong with comparisons to Rebels at all. That show was awesome. I'm the proud owner of the first three seasons and I'm getting the fourth when it is released.

25. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I honestly can't sort out much of what the hell's going on in that picture at all. Is there another droid behind BB-8? And, is that the same ship from the introductory image? It seems much less symmetrical, but both of its "wings" are cropped in such a manner that it's difficult to read. The fuselage does have a nice vintage fighterplane vibe, though.

Surprisingly little female representation if that's the main cast, but again, literally not much information, even visually. Hoping for more soon now that this is out there!