main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    There's the plot bunny donation thread and we do have Mod Challenges on a regular basis like the Dear Diary Challenge.

@Briannakin and @mavjade do we have a writing prompt thread?

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Not really. The plot bunny thread would be the closest thing we would have to a prompt thread right now, which I see @teamhansolo has found. We used to have a Writer's Block Thread, but it is no longer active, so you can't really ask for writing prompts, but you can look through the old "block breakers" and see if something inspires you.

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I’ve actually been wanting to ask about that Writer’s Block Thread: is there maybe any small chance of bringing it back? (Paging @mavjade?) I really enjoyed the variety of verbal and visual prompts, and a repository for that sort of thing could be a valuable resource for writers, whether suffering from DWB or not. :)

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Was it closed down because the posters didn't know what to write in it?

:p

jcgoble3, AzureAngel2 and mavjade like this.
  5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Sure!
    I stopped doing it because it seemed like people weren't as interested after awhile. But it's come up a few times recently and I had fun coming up with the prompts and it did help me get out of my own funk. Which I could use right now.

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I remember a time when I was all over writing challenges like white on rice. Used to run the Monday Mush Mania one too.

7. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Waiting with Hubby to see Ant-Man and the Wasp!

Sent from my Rebel Base using Tapatalk

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I will probably go on Monday. Let me know how you like it. I am too tired to watch it today. I am doing a long 6 day stretch at work which consists of four 12-hour shifts and two-8 hour shifts. I am now 4 down and two more to go. I am exhausted

Kahara, Lady_Misty and AzureAngel2 like this.
  9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I wanna go see Antman and the Wasp, and I actually just texted a couple of people to see if anyone wanted to go/hang out tonight, but they are all busy. I'm the only one of my friends who is single right now and, while I do really love being single (I've had to say no to people wanting to "hook me up"), sometimes it is just so very boring.

But I've had a weird, boring day. I got up with the 100% intention of going up to the university to work (I haven't exactly been very productive this week, but I'm currently on the easiest class, so I can kinda still have a summer break). And then, just as I was getting ready, I hear this ominous thunder and the sky just completely opens up. Like rain, then hail the size of my thumbnail, then some more rain. Needless to say, I got in my sweatpants and decided not to leave. I did some work, but not that much. The rain eventually cleared up, but the sky is still looking pretty ominous. So I've mostly just been sitting around, bored, without the concentration, or the motivation to do more work.

Edit: Yeah... it just started raining again... sideways.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Just checking in to say good-bye for my holidays. DarthUncle stays behind, still getting used to his dialysis time table.

After having seen the Victoria water lily bloom & having been at the art exhibition of Phillipe Parreno, we know that he is able to to day trips. We do not dare to go on real holidays together yet, because the logistic is a pain with PD dialysis. One day we might have enough courage to try out.

But due to motor sports he stayed behind last weekend anyway, while I was visiting @Cem_Fel. It was fun being at a con for German audio plays in Hanover, but they might consider the place where the con took place. Lister Meile is worse than Mos Eisly when it comes to the surroundings and the hot air of the building.

It was fun getting a signature from the SW artist Ingo Römling in form of a Master Yoda drawing & to chat to the folk of the Northern Outpost such as Darth Maula. I also was able to appreciate the German voice of Spongebob with a water colour painting and to meet the German actor who does guys like Jonathan Pryce.

The German voice of Luke Skywalker ended up as my personal delivery boy again, but he seemed to do it with pleasure. I am sill utterly grateful that his daughter-in-law has given DarthUncle the address of wonderful physiotherapist.

Anyway, can´t wait to get to the Giant Mountains and should also promise at @mrsvos not to try out anything stupid on my own with no backup whatsoever. ;)

11. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Sorry, double post.

Sent from my Rebel Base using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Kahara likes this.
  12. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Happy holidays @AzureAngel2 . What is this "Giant Mountain"? I tried to follow the link but didn't become much wiser.

For myself I would almost be ready for being portrayed in a "Disabled fic" today. [face_tee_hee] Yesterday I volunteered for a task that meant physical work at work (I'm usually glued to my computer, but there were very few mails yesterday morning so I slipped out). In short terms, it meant cleaning of mechanical stuff, including lots of smelly grease (yuck) and medium heavy metal components that had to be loosened, cleaned and fastened again.

Oh my, when I came home after nearly 8 hours of that kind of fun (1 phone conf was wedged in-between) my entire body was aching by all the new movements. However, good physical excercise and since I haven't dragged myself to the gym lately it was a very good substitute. Still aching today, but nothing that 3 cups of coffee cannot cure. [face_whistling]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    Mistress_Renata likes this.
  13. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Giant Mountains, in german Riesengebirge, is a mountain range on the polish-czech border which once belonged to the provinces of Silesia and Bohemia (hence the german name).

14. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Ah, thanks, that explained it. *jumping into googlemaps *

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm back from vacation and only had to work one day this week. But I'm constantly tired because I still need more vacation. Too bad it's not going to happen again until November 8. when I fly into Boston to drag my best friend off to NYC for the weekend.

16. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I saw Antman yesterday and I really liked it. It was mostly light and a lot of fun!
    The mid credit scene was amazing! I've never heard a theater full of people react so loudly to a post movie scene.

Have a good holiday, Azure!

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I think I'm going to go bug my brother to come see it with me tomorrow evening. I know I could just go by myself, but I know they both want to see it.

I had ANOTHER insanely boring day. I went over to my mother's to visit her... only she wasn't home, she was with her new boyfriend. I'm happy she's happy but goodness it is odd to have to make sure she's home before I go visit her on a Saturday morning. But I came back home and a friend was working in the area so he took pity on my pathetic existence and came to hang out with me for a bit after he was done work. He suggested I waste away my summer with computer games which is honestly not a bad idea at this point.

Lady_Misty and mavjade like this.
  18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    We may be overstaffed tomorrow and I will be given the day off (without pay). I plan to see Antman on Sunday if I have that time off...but now that I am all excited about having Sunday off somebody will probably ruin it for me by calling in sick. :( Wish me luck and no sick calls! [face_praying]

Lady_Misty likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Saw Ocean's 8 earlier this week.

A good heist movie - nice characters, good scenario and clothing, a fun plan that was interesting to watch unfold. Only minus is that it had only one real moments of “something unexpected comes up that needs to be fixed for the plan to work” and that was quickly fixed.

Recommend it if you like heist Movie.

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I got the day off!! I plan on going to the movies! The boss had told me if I don't hear anything I have the day off. I was so scared that I would sleep through a call that I got up at 4:30 AM and called in to work and asked the supervisor to verify that I still have the day off and no sick calls ruined my plans. NO SICK CALLS! Yea!!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  21. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I hope you went back to bed after that! That is my weekend... His Majesty gives me a wake up call at 6:30, I feed him, then go back to bed for another hour or two, after leaving a note for my housemate to let her know he's eaten. I forgot this weekend, and she fed him when he got up so he had TWO breakfasts! And when I got up at 9-ish, he was going on like he hadn't eaten at all. Furry little liar.

During the week, I'm up at 6:30, feed him, and out the door by 7, so getting to sleep in on the weekends is a big deal.

mavjade and Findswoman like this.
  22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I saw Antman and the Wasp. It was okay. So far this summer I would say my favorite movies were:
    1. Deadpool 2
    2. Infinity Wars
    3. And a tie for third is Solo: A Star Wars Story and Antman & The Wasp.
    4. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

There was no reaction from the audience when I saw the mid credit scene. Was there more than one scene? I think after seeing Infinity Wars that we no longer believe what we see. Or if we believe it we don't think it is permanent.
    Yeah, I slept to 9:30 AM after that. I love sleeping in. [face_party]

23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    @Jedi_Lover - I always loved getting called off! It doesn't happen where I work now because the union deal won't let them, no matter how overstaffed we are. It's kinda good and bad.
    There were two, one mid credit and one post credit, but it was the mid credit one that got the reaction. The post credit scene was just kinda fun/silly. I certainly don't think anything will stick, which is why I was kinda disappointed in Infinity War (but don't get me wrong, I liked it). But I was shocked because outside of Antman himself, none of the other characters have really played a part in the larger MCU, so I just wasn't thinking about Thanos affecting them.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Oh Force! I did not know that is the cause of what happened. Duh. I just asked my son and he said, "Of course I understood that is what happened." Liar. lol! I guess it is not surprising that I didn't understand that mid-credit scene...did you know it took me four days before I understood the ending of The Blair Witch Project.:p

I didn't see the last scene. I had to go to the bathroom. I couldn't make it thorough all the credits. :(

Damn, now I need to watch the movie again because some parts of the story that seemed odd to me now make sense.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    mavjade likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012