main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    On many days, I would agree with you. But how anyone can look at this and not see the complete indifference that Trump, Nielson and the Republicans in Congress have shown this and not feel emotion is beyond me. Any of them could have stopped this. Sessions is a monster. Trump just proves he doesn't give a damn about anyone that isn't himself. As to Congress, the amount of blood they have on their hands from standing idle, I hope that haunts them for the rest of their days just as I hope all of those who take money from the NRA appreciate the blood money they have accepted. This is not justice, it's not necessary. It's not anything more than cruelty for cruelty's sake and a deterrent that violates the very constitution these idiots swore on a bible to protect. Should their hands ever touch a bible again, I hope they burst into flame. They have failed on every level to protect, defend and uphold the Constitution and they have done nothing but push their own personal agendas at the expense of others. Their generally indifference to human suffering deserves them a spot in hell should it exist. And for these people, most especially Mitch McConnell, Jeff Sessions, and Trump, I truly hope hell does exist and it's one where Hillary wins and all their worst nightmares play out for all eternity. And Trump is poor and bald.

Juliet316 and Alpha-Red like this.
  2. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I wish only bad things for Trump and his ilk, even people who now regret voting for him, because we saw all this coming. If you deluded yourself into thinking he could be good, you deserve all the bad stuff happening to you. Its the dumbest thing Americans have ever done. Ever.

Juliet316 and Alpha-Red like this.
  3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I also struggle with the notion of the love of God and the existence of hell, but it is people like the ones currently in control who make me wonder if it might be possible that there is something like hell, though probably not of the literal fire and devils people picture. Such callous, willful cruelty to those who are already suffering so terribly and all to make money or just to make a point. Some of these people know they're evil; they have no illusions about what they're doing - the science of climate change is totally clear, but they take money from polluters and dismantle regulations, knowing that they're causing suffering on a massive scale; they continue to push an economic agenda that has been discredited for decades, knowing full well that it will concentrate even more wealth in their coffers while the poor starve; they store up more money than they could spend in a hundred years while others want for daily food. And the absolutely cruelty of what's happened on the border show that the willful hatefulness extends down to the very personal. They're willing to cause suffering on a massive scale, yes, but they're not just interested in the big picture - they truly care about making every individual suffer. Their hatred and misanthropy is personal. These people aren't stupid. Or, well, some of them are, but none of them are so stupid as to think the things they're doing will help anyone but themselves. Something in me believes there has to be punishment on a cosmic scale for people like this, people who are just willfully, knowingly . . . evil. I'm a lot more comfortable with eternal punishment for people that lay waste to hundreds of a millions of lives because they crave luxury and power than I am with eternal punishment for being *gasp* gay! But enough from me. There's been a lot of debate about what's been going on down on the border and I'm going to let someone else speak for me.

He took a child and set him in the midst of them, and when he had taken him into his arms, he said, "Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name receiveth me; and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but Him who sent me . . . and whosoever shall offend one of these little ones . . . it is better for him that a millstone was hanged about his neck and he was cast into the depth of the sea."

Maybe sometimes true love for those who are in need and suffering means hate for those who are oppressing them. Maybe that's how words this harsh and violent can come from a man who spoke about love and compassion. All I know for sure is that there are a lot of people due to be fitted for one of these.

[​IMG]

You know, if Jesus has any say about it. Not that he does these days. Not that he does. Easy to see why not.

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh, it gets better than that...because in the twisted, perverted, upside-down conservative interpretation of the Bible, it's the liberals who are going to burn in hell and the conservatives who are the righteous ones. But you knew that already.

A Hillary Clinton presidency doesn't even count as a punishment for these people. These guys deserve to live under the Taliban.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    appleseed, Nobody145 and Juliet316 like this.
  5. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I think it's absolutely useless and even counterproductive to wish damnation upon the Trump cabal. If hate is fought with hate, that's the way towards violent conflict, and violent conflict always only exacerbates feelings of hate.
    Let me quote some Jesus, too. A peculiarly superstitious man, who believed the wildest claims, but also one from whose words a true and deep understanding of human nature can be gleaned, a compassionate soul - and I think it's this understanding and compassion that makes him memorable.

"Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I too am concerned with the venom being hurled towards a particular faction. I mean, if we’re gonna get Biblical all up in here, lemme quote Levticus chapter 19*:

17You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.
    18You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

*ironically, Leviticus chapter 18 has the verse people use to denigrate gays and lesbians.

7. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
  8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    not surprising.
    Trump is tweeting this morning that twitter is going to get rid of fake accounts.

odd since most of his fans on twitter and facebook hide behind fake accounts.

9. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I said that both sides trade in fear mongering . The left likes to peddle the narrative that the russians won Trump the election and he's their puppet , collusion etc.

never denied that both sides say there was interference but thats a vague term . No-one really knows what went on but the narrative becomes accepted pretty much as a meme anyway:Russia fixed it for Trump to win .

LOL! "you people" .

I'm no fan of Trump .
    I'm saying there's fear mongering and propaganda aplenty , or do you think its only the right that does it ?

crazyewok likes this.
  10. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    You can chalk up the word interference or meddling as vague terms, but if the government takes the time to investigate, and multiple agencies and the Senate speak out about it, someone with half a brain would tend to lend it a little bit more credibility than silly memes. Your insinuation is that the findings of a Senate investigation and the conclusion of multiple agencies charged with the security of the USA are the same as the trolling agenda of some basement-dwelling loser making a meme and posting it on Reddit for upvotes.

11. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Both sides have their fare share of fear mongering.

But all the evidence right now points to not only Russian involvement in the election, but with Russian involvement directly with members of Trump's campaign.

You can't just say that both sides are bad and not take a side. Because doing so is taking a side by equating facts and evidence with conspiracies and lies.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    What evidence has been presented that indicates direct participation of the Trump campaign in Russia's social media propaganda? The only thing I can think of is the infamous meeting Trump Jr. had, but that could easily be chalked up to him being a complete moron.

SuperWatto likes this.
  13. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    Russia is the least of our problems. Donald Trump is an evil mother effer that needs to go away. Period.
    You want evidence of that? Read his tweets and watch his speeches at his klan meetings, I mean rallies.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I’m less concerned about Trump’s direct participation in Russian social media campaigns (he probably didn’t, he prefers to attack people on social media directly rather than be covert about it) than with how much of his financial dealings are tied up with Russian oligarchs. He could release his financial records as every other President has done and put the entire concern to rest but he won’t. And Trump Jr. flat-out said that they could get all the financial backing they wanted from the Russians to build more golf courses.

I’m also concerned with his admiration for totalitarian dictators and his disdain for leaders of first world democracies. There is no benign explanation for that.

15. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    The worst thing Donald Trump has done is empower racists and bigots. They feel this way because they believe, as we do, that Trump is one of them.

16. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    There's the whole Cambridge Analytica thing, but that's more entanglement than direct participation. You can't really catch Trump on that. I'm pretty certain Mueller has more, but until it's out - yeah, it isn't much. For now, it's all just guilt by association. Not enough.
    In fact, it's all so vague and secondary that I fear whatever Mueller produces will only deepen the dividing lines.

17. crazyewok

crazyewok Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 27, 2017
    Here is the thing.

If Americans where stupid enough to be dupped by Russia Facebook campaigns then that's America fault for being stupid. Get a better education system.
    And end of the day the USA got a taste of its own well deserved medicine seeing as it likes to meddle in oversee politics , most of the time far more aggressively.

However if Trump is in the financial clutches of Russia and is compromised? He needs to go.

Rew likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I’d take up so much bandwidth that I’d crash the site if I went into full detail about every issue that those of us in education are fighting against regarding trying to combat innate and sometimes deliberate stupidity. The tl;dr version is an ongoing hostility towards education (not even an ignorance as to why a good education is important, an utter hostility towards it, including but definitely not limited to “how dare you teach my kid science when I’m trying to teach him that the Earth is 6000 years old and dinosaurs coexisted with humans” or “how dare you teach my kid about slavery when I want to call it ‘migration’ and ‘states’ rights’) and the ensuing drastic cuts in resources (mostly in the form of personnel and up-to-date buildings and technology) as well as the continuing addition of testing because it helps for-profit companies which lobby school districts.

I mostly agree with you about the US getting ours because we haven’t known how to mind our own damn business for at least 60 years.

19. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    This.

20. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    There's no doubt in my mind he's indebted to Russia. He wouldn't kiss up to Putin so much if he didn't owe him. Now I feel he won due to voter suppression, but I know he's compromised and so is a lot of the GOP and the NRA.

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Well let's have a look at Darla Shine the wife of the new White House communications director. Perhaps she is a source of good for someone who has a controversial past and we have nothing to worry about.

Oh crap

• “Just singing to one of my jams ‘Golddigger’ by Kanye West when I realized If I sing along to the verse ‘Broke N—-‘ I might be a racist,” @darlashine tweeted in July 2015. (The tweet spelled out the N-word.)
    • “Al Sharpton demanding kid Rock denounce Rebel Flag yet Sharpton not demanding Rappers remove N word from music.”
    • “I have never said the N word out loud and my white children have never either. Blacks stop using the N word!”
    • “Funny how critics calling to ban Gone With the Wind, Jefferson Memorial, but no talk of banning the N word or Rap songs with N word in it.”
    • “If white chicks can’t perm their hair – black chicks can’t go blonde,” @darlashine tweeted in August 2015 in response to an article on “Cultural Colonization.”
    • “The new stand in President at #mizzou is black. Will every white College President have to be replaced,” said a 2015 tweet.
    • “1 out of 10 black boys has autism,” said a February 2016 tweet.

appleseed likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Once you use the word “blacks” and defend Dylann Roof, the question of “Is she a racist” should just be multiple choice.

A. Yes
    B. Hell yes
    C. No ****, dumb***
    D. Nah, that white hood is just for decoration

Meanwhile...

Rhode Island Democratics in an uproar as party seeks to oust three progressive women

At this point I really need to ask what establishment Democrats are so afraid of. If they hate progressives that much, just switch to the Republican Party.

23. crazyewok

Oct 27, 2017
    I don't see her defending Dylan roof. I think she has a point. A flag doesn't make you go out and kill people.
    But a drug with side effects that can cause altered mood states might.

I pretty much agree with all those points except the last two.

Everyone should stop using the N word and let it die.
    And if rappers put it in songs then they can't bitch if fans sing the lyrics.

And I don't believe in the concept of cultural appropriation.
    In a multicultural society we should share culture not segregate.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Roof used the flag because he was already a white supremacist before he took any medication. It’s not as if the medication made him hostile and he just randomly picked nine victims; what he did was very calculated and deliberate. That’s why her comments about “b...bu...but the medication” come across as a defense.

Rew, Nobody145, Juliet316 and 4 others like this.
  25. crazyewok

Oct 27, 2017
    No one's denying he is a white supremacist and the murders where racially motivated.

But as someone with a back ground in neuropharmcacology I do have some concerns on medication too. That may have been what pushed him to turn his raceist views into murder. Without that factor he may just have stayed a racist sick rather than become raciest murdering word that sounds like hunt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.