main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    For sure. More angled engines

2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Quickest way to tell a Super Hornet apart from a legacy Hornet too.

Tuskin38 likes this.
  3. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I'm not sure I'd be as immediately able to sort my T65s and T70s if not for the key difference being related to the McQuarrie design I somewhat obsessed over as a kid.

vncredleader likes this.
  4. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Weird. I have an easier time telling the X-wings apart than the A-wings.

jedisor likes this.
  5. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    From the current issue (23) of the Lost Stars manga....that is a lot of Executor-class ships....

[​IMG]

6. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I'm counting 15 SSDs. Didn't one of the Aftermath books say the Empire had 13? And even if you wana play around with the numbers a bit, wasn't this massing in Lost Stars supposed to be in preparation for the Battle of Endor? I'll accept offscreen units, but I have a hard time believing there were 14 other SSD's there besides the Executor.

Also they mispelled Hudalla as Hudulla.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  7. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Someone went a bit over the top with the copy and paste didn't they lol. I don't think the manga is canon so its nothing to worry about.

vncredleader and JediBatman like this.
  8. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    16 if the point coming out behind the Hudulla System blurb is one too.

edit...I actually got 17 total Executor-class

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  9. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    At least they managed to not have an SSD overlaying an ISD. But then the lack of overlaying on the right side of the page makes it look like lots of different sized ships parked right next to each other.

10. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    It is canon. And those are massing for the Emperor's arrival. Which makes sense. They don't need to be there afterwards. And I only see 5 full Executors. The rest can be any other SSD class, really. One could even be the Pride of Tarlandia. :p

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    The novel Lost Stars is canon. The Japanese manga adaptation of the novel isn't canon.

Snafu55 likes this.
  12. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    The wook seems to be mixed on that. They use some of the art in the canon section. I think it is a case like novelizations; what differs is not canon, however visuals or non contradictory details are fine

13. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Back in the old days, a picture with that many SSD's would have caused some fans to have a nerdgasm and die of delight. :p

I'm curious on the source for the manga being canon.

--Adm. Nick

Nom von Anor and vncredleader like this.
  14. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    The Wook also said at one point that Corran Horn was canon, based soley on the fact that he appeared on a card in Star Wars Armanda. All due respect to the Wook, but it saying if something is or isn't canon dosn't really mean anything.

Darth_Duck likes this.
  15. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    My point was less that it is canon cause they used it as a source, but more so to highlight the fact that the way they used the manga is how I view it's canonicity, that being accurate for reference related things, but inaccurate if it differs with the original story. Not saying it is canon cause they say so, just that it reflects my rule of thumb on the subject. I doubt we will get any real word on the canonicity of the manga anytime soon. Gotta make due with our own interpretation for now

JediBatman likes this.
  16. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    That is a thing of beauty, thanks for sharing. As I always say, the more the merrier when it comes to dreadnoughts and battlecruisers :)

17. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    The more dreadnoughts, the more implausible it is that the Rebels beat the Empire and captured or destroyed nearly all of them in only a year.

Darth Zack and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Personally, I tend to reject that panel as canonical less because I really care about minimalism versus maximalism then because, like Blackhole E Snoke said, it's pretty clear that the artist was just having fun with his copy/paste tool.

19. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I would say Star Wars and implausible go hand in hand, its just a matter of what each of us enjoys out of all that great content

JediBatman likes this.
  20. The Corellian President

The Corellian President Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2015
    I believe you're right...and presumably it's on the same status of the original Star Wars Linetoon webcomic - https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_(LINE_Webtoon) - a gray area

vncredleader likes this.
  21. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    I really wish that if someone quoted a post that was quoting you it didn't give you a notification.

Honestly I wish quotes within quotes just wasn't a thing period.

22. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Has the web comic reached the Battle of Endor yet? I'll be very curious to see how it is portrayed.

--Adm. Nick

23. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Gut instinct says that the "adaptations are interpretive of canon but less definitive than their sources" thing applies here, but I can already feel myself drifting into "levels" with this... as in, the Thrawn adaptation comic feels more "canon-y" than the novelizations of the films (which already have some contradictions) and both are more canon than this manga. That may be partly based on my assumption that the Story Group is less involved with licensed material produced in foreign markets and initially for non-English speaking audiences, and I may have completely made that up in my head. I mean, I totally DID make that up in my head, however plausible it seems.

Long Snoot likes this.
  24. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Wasn’t it Pablo who said something like, adaptations are like history books so they’re not perfect?
    And the movies are the definitive version of the events.

So I’d personally say the same thing with visual adaptations of novels, the book is the correct version of events so they take priority, if the comic contradicts it then ignore the contradiction.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    TheRedBlade and Snafu55 like this.
  25. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Btw, the source for the manga not being canon is here:
    :p

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018