main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Smooth.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
  3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Tetralogy.

Let's not shake up the good thing we've got going with the PT/OT/ST unless we have to.

Hi Keri Russell.

lol

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    I really hope not. [face_worried]

5. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Neither do I, but you gotta admit there's a pattern. Ironically enough, the only one (of the Big Three) they probably did not intend to kill off was Leia, but real-life shot first.

Dr. Steve Brule and Nom von Anor like this.
  6. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    A theory that popped into my head one day is the IX's big death won't be a person, exactly, but it'll be no less of a gut-punch - it'll either be one of the droids, or the Falcon.

7. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    If they destroyed the Falcon, can they replace it with a YT-2000? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YT-2000_light_freighter I always loved that ship more when playing X-Wing Alliance, and could never understand how someone could fly easily when the cockpit is on the side instead of the center of the ship.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I sez it before and I sez it again, Poe Dameron has a fairly high death probability cuz JJ wanted to kill him off in the first 10 minutes of TFA. Poe is only alive by fast-talking Oscar Issacc but maybe in the back of JJ's head he's still raring to kill Poe off. but heroically at the climax this time.

This is of course assuming Poe is not in the General leadership of the Rebels position in Episode IX, which is what The Last Jedi sort of set him on at the end. Or maybe even if he is.

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm expecting Chewbacca, Artoo, Threepio, and the Falcon. All of them.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  10. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    I actually think Chewie's the MOST likely to live since they already did that.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    No I think R2 will survive. In the Original Journal of the Whills, he was recording the story of "Star Wars" in 100 ABY and I'm hoping nu-canon retains that.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    The most recent issue of the Poe Dameron comic actually alludes to this.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015

Wow! Sweet. Thanks for letting me know!

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    His hard-drive could survive, or be uploaded into something else, but not the droid as we know. Or they speed-up him delivering his recordings to sometime during Episode IX.

Gamiel likes this.
  15. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Ah, that's a good idea. "Yeah, I was once like you" and all that... could work really well.

Revanfan1, BigAl6ft6 and Gamiel like this.
  16. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    If Billy Dee has any doubts about returning to the role... I just want to say this to him:

Hamburger_Time likes this.
  17. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    According to Leland Chee, one of the main reasons for rebooting the canon was Chewie's death. It would be kinda silly to kill the very character they wanted alive in the new stories so soon after the reboot.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Hamburger_Time likes this.
  18. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Because they somehow assume that Chewie's death is less of a big deal than Luke's or Han's? o_O

Ghost likes this.
  19. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    This has got to be one of the most misunderstood quotes in fandom (not your fault, it was reported on horribly). He was referring to the fact that Chewbacca died off-screen in a book that 85% percent of the audience had never and would never read. The Star Wars fandom is so much bigger than "the people who read Vector Prime" and it was decided to reboot the expanded universe so as not to alienate the rest of everybody with their billion dollar movie.

spicer, jSarek and Link1130 like this.
  20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They wanted him to be shown in the ST for the nostalgia factor. Now that the ST is ending, they can kill him off.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I for one am really glad that Lucasfilm was careful not to alienate and divide Star Wars fandom with its sequel movies.

Havac , spicer, Revanfan1 and 4 others like this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Aside from the Solo movie, and parts of TFA, what integral role has Chewie done in a movie that means it was necessary to bring him back?
    He was practically a non-entity in TLJ.

Ghost likes this.
  23. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Really? Chewie had some great scenes in TLJ, he is the one flying the falcon to the rescue of Poe, Rose, Finn, and the others on Crait.

spicer, Revanfan1, Kylun and 2 others like this.
  24. jedisor

jedisor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 22, 2011
    If R2 dies I riot.

25. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Yeah, not what I said, but even if it was, there's a difference between "alienating" a loud minority with a known agenda, and creating a film that slaps most of the global audience in the face with "Hey, this friend you loved in the eighties died off screen in 1999." We've got a lot of sequels out there that show how people react to that kind of thing, they don't take it well.

Remember how much traction that District 9 guy got out of a sketch of aged up Hicks? And how much bigger is Star Wars than Aliens?

The Positive Fan and jSarek like this.