main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Thrawn Alliances Book - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Diego Lucas, Oct 6, 2017.

1. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Not until July 24, unfortunately. SDCC attendees might be able to grab it a few days early.

2. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    I wish these special editions were not just available at these events... a bit far from Europe. Not sure I want to pay eBay prices...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fett 4 likes this.
  3. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    Del Rey is only the English publisher of SW books and primarily in the US (though you will find English editions of our books in several places around the world). However, if you are specifically interested in special editions you should inform your local publisher of your interest. For instance, the UK did a special edition of AFTERMATH LIFE DEBT for Star Wars Celebration Europe a few years ago.

fett 4 likes this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, now I know why Wordery told me my copy had got bumped. Now I know who to blame, so..... What Would Vader Do?[face_devil]

Force Smuggler and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Bumped back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    26 July they say.

"I'm here to put you back on schedule."

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Uh oh.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Thing is, I could see Vader turning up at Del Rey's offices and Darth Internous' response would be: Uh, uh, no way bro.

Cue an Izzard-style Death Star Canteen style exchange of quips: I am Vader, Darth Vader, you want death by tray?

But it's all in vain because nothing fazes DI as he delivers the ultimate retort: Darth, I deal with your fans day in, day out. You got nothin' on that lot!

[face_devil]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Izzard style!

Have a cookie. Good reference.

RaptorMusic, PCCViking and Jedi Ben like this.
  10. DarthInternous

Feb 7, 2017
    Never thought someone would write mini fanfic about me. Gotta say it's really weird.

Also, Darth Vader has no control over the publishing schedule.

11. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Sinre Edit: Off-Topic.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2018
  12. DarthInternous

Feb 7, 2017
    I honestly don't know the answer to that question. Well before my time, and in all of the notes/files I have compiled, never came across that specific decision point.

But even if I did, I would not tell you. And I don't mean this to sound dismissive or glib (it is neither), but our attitude is when something good happens - it's a team effort, and when something falls short, it's a team effort. So you may lay your blame at the feet of the collective. It was everyone's "brilliant idea".

13. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I can't wait for this book. I'm not much of a fan of what's come out since the Disney buy out but this is the exception to that rule.
    I'm looking forward to this :cool:

Jedi Knight Fett and kalzeth like this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    @Noash_Retrac. This is not the place for that, and you know it. Stay on-topic.

Daneira likes this.
  15. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I've preordered and now I'm just killing time until I can devour this thing.

Sinrebirth and fett 4 like this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m re-reading all the Thrawn Legends and canon novels. Outbound Flight and Thrawn segue so neatly. Just about to finish Last Command. Choices of One is such a good aside.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  17. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I dug up Crisis of Faith not too long ago, and I wouldn't mind if we got a few more novellas from Tim. Hell, more novellas in general would be something I'd get a kick out of.

PCCViking likes this.
  18. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I misplaced my paperback copy of Outbound Flight, because it had the Legends version of Mist Encounter. Apart from Eli Vanto, that and the canon version are basically identical.

19. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Yeah. It was likely cancelled or it was never a thing and just a rumor. Darn. I would’ve loved it.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  20. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Just read the third excerpt. We get a a Padmé side story which is great. I’m hoping this book pleasantly surprises me. I really havent enjoyed a SW novel since A New Dawn

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    And here’s the poster mentioned in that story — which will apparently come with the Barnes and Noble edition.

Glad they used one of her TCW designs, probably the best one. And Darren Tan is brilliant as always.

[​IMG]

23. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Finally more Padme!! This is far overdue! I was excited for this book already, but my hype has just increased exponentially!

24. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    From the excerpt it seems like Padme is a damsel in distress and we will see Anakin and Thrawn rescuing her. But considering its called 'Thrawn' I have to wonder how much page time she'll actually get if Thrawn isn't sharing the space.

25. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    Considering to how much space Governor Pryce got to herself in the previous Thrawn book it could be quite a lot. Or at least quite a lot of the Anakin/Thrawn portion of the book (as opposed to the Vader/Thrawn one).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Daneira likes this.