main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Happy Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Archive: Anniversary Forum' started by TiniTinyTony , Jul 11, 2018.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Happy 20 years JC Forums!

What other anniversaries will you be celebrating this year?

July 29: 6 months at the new job anniversary
    October 14: 1st year wedding anniversary - frozen year old cake - yum!

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    September 10: 14 year wedding anniversary

November 3: 1 year since I quit smoking

3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    As someone who spent her formative years in Dallas (1988-1999), hard to believe this forum came outta SMU, who as far as I knew had a subpar football program. Still is, compared to TCU! (Go Frogs!) Come to think of it, THIS is better than those dang Mustangs! (Horned Frogs forever!) :)

Master_Rebado likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    15th Anniversary of this account. My 18th year on here, overall.

It all seems so tragic when I type it out...

3sm1r, pronker, Master_Rebado and 8 others like this.
  5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    good job! i just passed six months. also, three years of being single. [face_dancing]

6. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Anyone remember the Lucasfilm webcams on set?

16 years for me.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    The Hyperspace Cam. The thread is actually archived here somewhere and I was reading through it a little bit the other day. I would contribute to that thread a lot back when I first started posting here.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hours upon hours upon hours of the camera pointed at a Wookie costume or a random wall on a soundstage.

9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I have a distinct memory of it pointing at the empty chairs in front of a blue/green screen that would later be the infamous opera scene between Palpatine and Anakin, and as soon as there was some activity of actors coming into frame, boom, the camera was moved.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  10. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    As largely inconsequential as it was it’s interesting to look back on it because I can’t think of many similar fan outreach efforts during that time period. I remember Peter Jackson and Lord of the Rings then took fan outreach to new levels of engagement beyond that with regular Q&As, behind the scenes videos, photos of sets being built, etc and featurettes and the ability to be part of the fan club and get your name in the final credits. Other studios have since made fan outreach a larger priority but its interesting because in the Abrams era, beyond what they’re willing to show in edited featurettes or Entertainment Weekly press release images, the days of having those rough looks on set are gone and the attempts to safeguard info and spies has increased.

Some of those early leaks/thefts that lead to swift actions were also pretty crazy back then. We live in a piracy culture now but I remember when news first broke of that stolen Phantom Menace print. I’m not sure if anything like that had ever happened like that before. Perhaps it had but it wasn’t as high profile.

Weird times. Slow internet. Images that loaded gradually. Netscape navigator. Networked Duke Nukem 3D and Doom games leading to Unreal Tournament. Takes me back.

Ananta Chetan and Pensivia like this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I was still on dialup for the webcam. Images took forever to load. However I saved a few - one was this gem:
    jangoweb2.jpg

I remember it started the 'Jango is in Ep 3' rumor.

3sm1r, pronker, Master_Rebado and 7 others like this.
  12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    There was a picture of Mon Montha from ROTS that was available to Hyperspace members only. I took that picture, cropped it and posted a side by side comparsion to the actress from ROTJ and posted that picture on my geocities website. I believe I did this a year or two after ROTS was released in theaters.

Geocities was shut down in 2009, but I think in 2007/2008 I got a notification from Lucasfilm to take the picture down.

I think the picture, or one really close to it, is in on her wiki site under Personality and Traits.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mon_Mothma

pronker likes this.
  13. The_Modfather

The_Modfather Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 26, 2001
    Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gif on my forum's anniversary.

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado likes this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    15 years here.....sad huh?

28 years married in December

35 years of driving.

16 years clear of cancer

nothing else significant really......all milestones. ;)

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    We need to hold onto the cherished memory of when we all learned what "Broke the Internet" meant on the day they released the "Back In Black" Vader video and we experienced the first of many trademark site crashes.

16. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Hmm, anniversaries still left in 2018?

September 9, 2009 first became landlady[face_talk_hand]

November 24, 2007 won Hall of Famer award on AnswersDAHTKAHM for Creative Writing Challenge, boy howdy that went straight into the bank:rolleyes:

December 14, 2006 dipped toe into writing fanfic on LJ's Ewan_Hayden community challenge, theme: "Chaos.":anakin::obiwan:

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  17. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    16 years on these forums.

Two months being self-employed!