main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Now that I've made it look so easy, everyone wants to have an apprentice.

:p

2. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
    Thank you for the assignment, @Jedi Master Kenobiwan!

Form 1 (Shii-Cho / Way of the Sarlacc / Determination Form) is the oldest lightsaber form created during the transition period away from swords to lightsabers. It acts as a foundation for the other Forms, and also as a fallback Form when others are not usable. With these foundations, many of the principles of Form 1 are based on prior techniques of swordsmanship. The persistent and uncomplicated nature of the Form earned it the alternative names above.

Features and Training
    Training is based upon standard sword-based techniques with the twist of teaching the practitioner to rely on the Force more than their senses. Target zones include the head, arms, back, and legs. The Form has 3 stances, steps, guards, and strikes, each of which emphasise engaging and advancing on the opponent.

Strengths
    • In line with Jedi philosophy, this Form aims to disarm, rather than injure, the opponent.
    • When well executed this Form can be very unpredictable, keeping the opponent off balance.
    • Useful for dealing with multiple opponents do to large movements involved.
    • Emphasis on simplicity and single strikes makes it ideal for those new to lightsaber combat by minimising risk of injury to self.

Weaknesses

• Developed before the time of the Sith, Form 1 was not intended for lightsaber-to-lightsaber conflicts.
    • Despite being aimed at disarming rather than injuring, there is a tendency for the Form to become emotionally involved potentially leading to temptation to do greater damage, so it requires great discipline.
    • Not suited to fighting individual opponents since the designed movements may be overcome by the greater mobility of the opponent.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  3. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Thank you for the task @Jedi Master Kenobiwan ;)

About:
    Lightsaber Form I (Also known as Shii-Cho, Way Of The Sarlacc & Determination Form) is the most ancient style of lightsaber combat and was first developed in a time where the Jedi were transitioning from metal swords to lightsabers. It was made to help the Jedi "get used to" their new weapons as it has many basic stances, motions and target zones. Shii-Cho is a form used to teach the basics of lightsaber combat and for training younger Jedi, as it can be used as a base for all of the other forms. It is also considered an effective "fall back" option when no other forms will suit because of it's simplicity and persistent nature (hence it being dubbed it's other names).

In Combat:
    In combat, Form I is a raw and wild combat style which relies on deliberate or obvious tactics from the user. The form is primarily aimed at disarming the opponent rather than injuring them, which means the form stays true with Jedi philosophy. Form I is also quite good for battling multiple opponents because of it's wide, sweeping manoeuvres. Although with this in mind, the form was not developed with lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat in mind. When used by initiates in training the form will seem rather clumsy and uncoordinated, but when performed by a master, Form I can be fluid yet unpredictable.

Well Known Users:
    Some well known light side users of Form I include Kit Fisto, Kyle Katarn and Luke Skywalker, although every Jedi should be proficient at Form I since it is taught to Jedi at a young age (Younglings).

Pros and Cons of Use:
    Pros: Form I is an easy and simple, yet effective form of lightsaber combat. Since all Jedi have learnt the style from a young age, and most forms are based around it, Jedi wouldn't have to "think" as much about what they are doing as most would be muscle memory. (This could then give them time to think through other issues.) The form wouldn't use as much energy as forms such as Ataru because it is grounded and can be any pace. The form is good for when Jedi are facing more than one opposing front as the Jedi doesn't need to move around as much, rather uses their arms and sweeping blade.

Cons: On the other hand, there are a few cons to this style. Form I was developed before "Dark Jedi" or Sith, so was not designed for one-on-one combat. As the form is mainly aimed at disarming the opponent, it would not be the first choice for a battle with Sith. The form also needs lots of discipline from the user, as the form can trigger the user to use more emotions and more of the Force. Lastly the form is not as acrobatic or defensive as other forms, therefore the agility of the opponent could become a problem for users of the form.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Look how enthusiastic these two initiates are!?!?! Well done guys! =D=

@teamhansolo you are welcome to attempt this initiate task as well. ;) But if you'd rather start slower that's fine too. No sweat at all. ;)

5. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Excellent answers, both of you, @Voss Fulris and @Khalia Octa I shall award both of you with 5 FPs. Job well done! =D=

@Bardan_Jusik :boba:

Neimen...look who that is! Hej Svensking!

6. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
  7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You're both so close to the 'Let's play Padawan' game now!!! :p

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    [​IMG]

Also, very much enjoying the posts by the initiates!

I am always curious to see what kind of Jedi you are all drawn to become and grow into. For unlike the Sith, the Jedi are and especially here have always been of a varied tapestry of different callings. From the healers, the gardeners, the warriors, the seekers, the librarians, and so many more. To be a Jedi is a varied path, a varied calling.

11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Update: I think it's about time for the update regarding my trial of friendship, since it's been over a week. This post is just to remind me to post it more or less, which I will do after work later this morning. :) See you then!

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Khalia Octa and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Of course we know your good for it.

*Whispers to Addie* Who was that again?

Khalia Octa and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    :rolleyes::oops:

And yet, you lot keep questioning me!!??
    Sheesh.....

15. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Ok, so sorry I replied so late, but, I wish to become a Jedi, to learn more about their life, and interact with fellow lightsiders.

16. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Is it a game, or is it real. :p

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'll leave the points awarding to the question asker ;) But you may add Guardians Of Light Initiate to your signature when you are ready. ;)

Please can you recite the Jedi code to us?

@teamhansolo

Now I'm off to bed at 12.15am! :p

Edit, be careful with double posting, you can edit your previous post to add more to it, like I am now, Bardan doesn't like double posting much ;)

2nd Edit: If you want to use a quote, click quote, copy and cut it and then add it to your previous post...........that's how I do it anyway ;) :p

18. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    There is no emotion there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the force.

(Sorry about the double post, I hadn't noticed I was the last one who posted)

19. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    May I also become a Guardian of Light?

Edit: I have no idea how this works.

20. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Yes you may! All you gotta do is ask like you just did, and a Master will be along to give you your first task. Welcome!

Edit:
    Trial of Friendship

For this trial I visited three different forums.

First I decided that the best place to go for this trial would be WNU, specifically the adoptions thread where I volunteered to be added to the list of members open to adopt newbies. I've been on TF.N for about 2 years longer than I was alive at the time I joined so I figured that it was about time I volunteered my services. Plus, what better way to showcase a Jedi's dedication to service is that?

Next, I went to SWC because it's a place I don't really frequent that would still be familiar because many people from the EUC, specifically the GoL frequent there. I posted in CCC and participated in a few of the games and I liked how well designed the games are. They're simple but fun.

Finally, I posted my input in a thread in the classic trilogy forums. I can't remember exactly which thread it was but I think it had something to do about Leia's snobby attitude in ANH, to which I explained that it had to do with her upbringing.

I hope that's suitable for the task at hand.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

21. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Khalia Octa and Tython Awakening like this.
  22. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Welcome to the order @teamhansolo
    and @ThisIsMe1138

The Temple has been very busy lately.[face_thinking]

Thisisme, if you desire to join our order you are free to. Please add your membership in it to your signature, and keep an eye out for tasks. If you complete these tasks you can earn force points, and when you get 25, you will be assigned to someone as a Padawan.:)

23. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Trial of Friendship was one of my favorite tasks. :)

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  24. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Well answered, I shall award you with 3 FPs. You can add the points behind where you have written "Guardians of Light Initiate" in your signature. :)

@Bardan_Jusik

Yes, you can made a lightsaber of your design if you wish so and add it to your signature. :)

Welcome. :)

25. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.