main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Been a real long time since I remember an Ultimate Spider-Man issue that just had Ganke and Miles hanging out but the Lego bit with Ned in the Homecoming seemed familiar, I wouldn't be surprised if they took that from USM.

What'll be really odd is if in Into the Spider-Verse they just have Ganke instead of Ned, or maybe they just name Ganke Ned again?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Gamiel likes this.
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Miles Morales was an evolving character. He started out as an assuming character, and didn't appear to have any friends, as his social network was pretty much his uncle and his parents. He was pretty responsible and mature for his age, as he knew right from wrong and tried to please his parents. When he was bit by the scientifically enhanced spider, Miles freaked out and kept it a secret, IIRC.

The early parts of the introduction of Miles in the Ultimate Universe didn't surround him with a group of friends, until he befriends Ganke as noted by BigAl above. It takes Miles a bit to warm up to other people as he's an introvert and has his big secret. Additionally, his parents being separated weighed on him. And like Peter Parker, his sense of responsibility got the better of him, and so he took up being a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man in a Spider-Man halloween costume, which upset a few people. Ultimate Jessica Drew tracked down Miles and set him up with a new suit and a tie to SHIELD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ultimate Universe Gwen, Aunt May and MJ reached out to Miles and helped him out in giving him Parker's old webshooters. Miles was humbled and honored by the help and empowered to become his own version of Spider-Man.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The comic book/Miles makes it clear that he doesn't want to be know as "Black Spider-Man" but rather just Spider-Man.

[​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian , BigAl6ft6 and Gamiel like this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Well, if you don't want to be known as Black Spider-Man (or more likely Black Spider or Spider-Boy) don't wear a black spider suit while there is another Spider-Man running around

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, the thing about that...

First of all, the Peter Parker of the Marvel Ultimate Universe died before Miles became Spider-Man. And as I posted above, Miles initially started his friendly neighborhood Spidey career in a Halloween costume. It was Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew that tracked Miles down and gave him his black Spidey suit. Miles really didn't have any input on the color scheme of the suit.

As for the "Black Spider-Man" thing, well, a couple of things about that. It's a meta commentary on how some readers or the general public might view Miles as Spider-Man, much so people view War Machine as the "Black Iron Man." The writer of Miles, Brian Michael Bendis, wanted to let the readers and the general public know that the shouldn't view Miles as the "Black Spider-Man" but rather just a Spider-Man; without any qualifications like any other super hero.

Additionally, Stan Lee commented on Spidey suit covering every inch of skin was a good thing as he said:
    "What I like about the costume is that anybody reading Spider-Man in any part of the world can imagine that they themselves are under the costume. And that’s a good thing."​

And just to provide a little more back story to the panels posted above. It was just assumed in the Ultimate Universe by the general public that this new Spider-Man taking over the mantle from Peter Parker was White. That was until an obsessed fans and video blogger combed over some video and saw a tear in Miles' costume that exposed his skin and we got this...

[​IMG]

which lead into this...

[​IMG]

The whole point of it was to tear down the old school practice of qualifying Black super heroes with the adjective, much like football where there no more talk of a "Black Quarterback" as was the case with Doug Williams.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Sort of new image from EW of Venom. You can see the veins along the shoulders. As I posted previously, I saw the Venom trailer on the big screen and Venom looked much better than on my computer. The only thing bothering me is the gloss/plastic look to the eyes. If the eyes looked more organic, it would go along way to looking more realistic, IMO. The photo below being grainy doesn't help the look of the character.

[​IMG]

With another trailer reportedly to drop next week at SDCC and reports that this film was inspired by Lethal Protector, I'm wondering if there will be other symbiotes in the film.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I love the look here- even the eyes. They don't look plasticy to me at all- they look mucusy or jellyfish-like.

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Please eat brains, please eat brains, please eat brains

8. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I thought the same thing. The milky translucence is reminiscent of certain jellyfish or a sea cucumber's intestines (they eject them as an defense mechanism).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Plus Venom seems more wide-eyed in that pic than trying to do a "mean squint", which just makes him even more creepier with that milky effect.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah, I have to say, I really like his look. They're doing it right this time.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  11. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I look forward to Tom Hardy's performance. Loved him in Inception, The Dark Knight Rises, and Mad Max: Fury Road. He will be remembered as a legend.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Sorry, I think I was a bit short in my comment. I fully understand the point about commenting on the whole "Black [something]" superhero name but the thing is that if there is a Spider-Man (alive or dead) and a new appear (that you know is a different one) wearing a mostly black suit it's rather likely that he will be called something combining black and spider (or words meaning the same thing), just like when Ben Reilly first appeared he was called Scarlet Spider because of his wholly read suit. He was not called Spider-Man since there already was one around.
    [​IMG]

So if Milles want to lower the chances of being called something combining black and spider (or words meaning the same thing) he should use a costume where black isn't the main colour.

Also another example of a spider legacy hero getting named by the press and not getting the name he wanted was Hobby Brown of Earth-25315
    [​IMG]
    Admitingly I'm posting this part mostly because I want to spread the awareness of Spider Hero not because it's that good an example :p

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So, the "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" footage at this year's SDCC was better than "Venom's" IMHO.

Anyway, as previously discussed in this thread, it was confirmed that the Peter Parker of Mile's Universe is dead as there's was a clip played at SDCC where...
    Miles is standing at the grave of Peter Parker in his Halloween Spider-Man costume seeking some guidance when the 40 year Peter Parker from another universe appears before Miles in a trench coach, and this shocks Miles and mishap happens and Miles knocks Peter out and the cops arrives with flashlights, as this takes place in the middle of the night. Miles uses the knocked out Peter's webshooter to web themselves away on a passing subway train. Later, Miles has Peter webbed up and hung upside down where Peter finally awakes and Miles thinks out loud as to the possible explanations of Peter Parker being alive, which is that he's from another universe.

The additional footage shows Nic Cage's...
    Spider-Man Noir and other Spider-Verse character like the Japanese version and Spider-Ham to name the ones I could remember.

and there was a video clip that featured what appeared to be the day after Miles got his Spidey powers and is at school where his hand...
    got stuck to a girl's (look like his universe's Gwen Stacy) head of hair and couldn't unstick it after struggling to do so. The clip ended with the girl's hair being shaved off leaving Miles' hand print on her head.

This film looks amazing (pun intended) and should definitely be seen in a large format screen.

The "Venom" footage is much better than the previous trailer as they showed more of Venom and instances where Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock begins to use the classic phrase "We..." as the symbiote becomes more attached to Brock. And there's definitely...
    another symbiote. It looks like Carnage as it extended its arms and one of the hands formed an axe and a fight with Venom.

And there was a nice scene with Brock in a convenience store chit chatting with the female Asian clerk.

The CGI still need some polishing.

I noticed this during the footage I saw of Venom and it has since been reported that Venom does not have a Spider symbol on his chest.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Gamiel likes this.
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Ugh, why Jared Leto? Didn't he do enough as Joker?

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Apparently it's been confirmed that the other symbiote is Riot, but that the film is teasing Carnage with Cletus's presence

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  17. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    The Venom film looks kinda weird to be honest.

The Spidey Verse animated film looks awesome on the other hand. Can’t wait for that one.

18. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Love vampires. I think in JL: War Batman tells the Green Lantern he’s not a vampire. And I just got all Tomb of Dracula issues on Marvel Unlimited.

I was disappointed when I heard he was hardly in SS. But after seeing the movie, less was better. Look forward to him in his standalone Joker film and J&HQ film.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  19. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    DP.

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Here's the new Venom trailer, which has much of the footage shown at SDCC.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    That looks almost comically bad. Now I get why they've kinda kept the symbiote hidden up to now. The more they show of it the worse this looks. I didn't really think that until this full dose,

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    At least we know the folks from Inhumans found some work.

Truly hideous.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I got you, brother.

[​IMG]

Ghost, dp4m, tom and 2 others like this.
  24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    dig, i needed that. cheers

Diggy likes this.
  25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You can pretty much answer half of @dp4m's posts with it.

dp4m and heels1785 like this.